Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Mura Bustan Jeddah

Mura Bustan Jeddah

Old Apr 12th 2012, 5:10 am
Just Joined

billyiever is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Mura Bustan Jeddah

I have recently moved to Jeddah and have the opportunity to move to this compound. Can anyone living there or that has lived there give me any feedback on quality of life etc of this location. I have 2 daughters 3 years and baby. Any comments are most welcome
Old Apr 12th 2012, 5:58 am
Banned

Desert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Mura Bustan Jeddah

My colleague from work lives there I will ask and come back to you. I was offered Mura Bustan but didn't quite like the location. It's upper-mid of the range compound from what I've heard.
Old Apr 12th 2012, 6:46 am
Just Joined

Thumbs up Re: Mura Bustan Jeddah

Originally Posted by Desert Dubliner
My colleague from work lives there I will ask and come back to you. I was offered Mura Bustan but didn't quite like the location. It's upper-mid of the range compound from what I've heard.
Thanks for coming back to me, I would be very interested in feedback. The challenge seems to be finding options. Arabian homes long waiting list, Sharbatly August earliest etc. Happy to hear of any suggestions and recommendations.
Old Apr 12th 2012, 6:57 am
Just Joined

tuga_2009 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by billyiever
Thanks for coming back to me, I would be very interested in feedback. The challenge seems to be finding options. Arabian homes long waiting list, Sharbatly August earliest etc. Happy to hear of any suggestions and recommendations.
Hello

When we moved to Jeddah Mura Bustan was one of our choices but we eventually ended up in Lotus IV.
We have friends living in Mura Bustan and visit often.
They have a good nursery/pre-school and the general feel of the compound is good, mixed nationalities, my friends love it there!

Arabian Homes usually have a long waiting list but have you tried to show up there to visit?

Sharbatly- although the houses are big it is far away from everything but of course it all depends on where you will be working...very active social life
(also have friends there and they refuse to move anywhere else!) also has a pre-school. Huge compound.

In any of the options your wife ( if she is not working...) will have a lot of people to talk to and activities to keep her busy! Very important in this city/country since it keeps the women mentally sane especially right after landing...

Good Luck

Teresa
Old Apr 12th 2012, 7:02 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by tuga_2009
Hello

When we moved to Jeddah Mura Bustan was one of our choices but we eventually ended up in Lotus IV.
We have friends living in Mura Bustan and visit often.
They have a good nursery/pre-school and the general feel of the compound is good, mixed nationalities, my friends love it there!

Arabian Homes usually have a long waiting list but have you tried to show up there to visit?

Sharbatly- although the houses are big it is far away from everything but of course it all depends on where you will be working...very active social life
(also have friends there and they refuse to move anywhere else!) also has a pre-school. Huge compound.

In any of the options your wife ( if she is not working...) will have a lot of people to talk to and activities to keep her busy! Very important in this city/country since it keeps the women mentally sane especially right after landing...

Good Luck

Teresa
Thanks Teresa, that is really helpful!
Old Apr 12th 2012, 10:45 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

My wife, young daughter and myself spent 8 happy years in Mura Bustan Compound from 1998-2006 with no regrets whatsoever. What we particularly liked was that the compiound of 250+ villas was split into about six mini-compounds, each with its own pool and facilities, so that community spirit was maintained. The location was very good for schools, the airport, beaches and many shopping malls. Go for it.
Old Apr 12th 2012, 11:25 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mentalist
My wife, young daughter and myself spent 8 happy years in Mura Bustan Compound from 1998-2006 with no regrets whatsoever. What we particularly liked was that the compiound of 250+ villas was split into about six mini-compounds, each with its own pool and facilities, so that community spirit was maintained. The location was very good for schools, the airport, beaches and many shopping malls. Go for it.
Thank you so much! Really appreciate the detail.
Old Apr 12th 2012, 4:35 pm
Banned

Desert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to behold

My advice if you are offered a suitable accommodation in Mura Bustan is to take it. Getting a compound villa here is not a matter of choice but availability (unless you have 270kSAR per year to play with in which case Arabian Homes will sort you out straight away as two weeks ago I checked and top of the range is available). The guy in Arabian Homes (and you have to go there - phone calls will get you nowhere) told me that he hasn't seen a 3-bed villa becoming available for over 6 months. I got into Lotus IV 8 months ago into a 2-bed apt and still I am on the waiting list for a villa.
Old Apr 12th 2012, 5:35 pm
Just Joined

tuga_2009 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Desert Dubliner
I got into Lotus IV 8 months ago into a 2-bed apt and still I am on the waiting list for a villa.
And probably the reason for that looooong wait is that their maintenance sucks...when we left the compound there were lots of empty villas but needed work, like changing floors, kitchens and toilets, ac's, etc etc.
They work so slow that they cannot promise a villa to anyone and then be pressured all the time regarding deadlines!
Old Apr 12th 2012, 6:41 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by tuga_2009
And probably the reason for that looooong wait is that their maintenance sucks...when we left the compound there were lots of empty villas but needed work, like changing floors, kitchens and toilets, ac's, etc etc.
They work so slow that they cannot promise a villa to anyone and then be pressured all the time regarding deadlines!
It actually isn't that bad but it does take a month to refurbish a villa. They refurbished the flat I was moving in in 2 weeks. The problem is that the demand is high and I have not so far managed to get through to the right people as the 'waiting list' is a very relative term here and is intended only for suckers like me who try to play nicely.
Old Apr 16th 2012, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

ShawJ is an unknown quantity at this point

I have lived here for 2 years with my wife and children - PM me if you want further information.

Jason
Old May 16th 2012, 10:34 am
Just Joined

Lala2106 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi every body,

we are planning to join my husband in september 2012. he finally got to book a villa in mura bustan. i am not sure of it, as i heard, sierra is better. how is life in mura b comparing to sierra? thanky you in advance for your help. lamia
Old May 16th 2012, 10:48 am
Just Joined

Thumbs up Re: Mura Bustan Jeddah

I have ended up in Arabian Homes Andalous. Sierra was impossible for 3+ bedroom, I was also offered Mura Bustan. I have been staying in Sierra for past 6 weeks and can highly recommend it, just couldn't secure what we wanted.

Fingers crossed Andalous is a good location, looks the same as Sierra just smaller.

Thanks for all the feedback
Old May 16th 2012, 10:52 am
Just Joined

Lala2106 is an unknown quantity at this point

oh, may i ask you why you didn't go for mura b? was it that bad?
Old May 16th 2012, 10:56 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Personally, when I lived in Jeddah, I much preferred Mura Bustan to any of the Arabian Homes compounds. A much better community spirit prevailed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.