Multiculturalism

Old Feb 6th 2007, 5:31 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Multiculturalism

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
I have no problem with people doing there ablutions, but taking off your shoes and socks, and climbing up onto the toilet seat to "drop the brown bomb" is something else!!

i could get a bum verruca or athletes arse!!!

Actually unless they have some aweful tropical illness it's pretty much hygenic..even the cleanest of us have more germs on our hands than on our arses.

...but it's still utterly gross to see a bog covered in water, crap and whatever else!!
Old Feb 7th 2007, 3:05 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

OMG - I didn't read JD's post properly - just saw the attachment too. I didn't know people squatted on seats - how do you know that it is happening? In fact, can't even imagine this - I mean how can they do that without slipping and falling off

As for the rest of the stuff happening in offices - it is plain selfishness - not so much a cultural issue - cause they probably keep the toilets clean at home.
Old Feb 7th 2007, 5:53 am
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute

LOL....no this was in an Emirates/Mercator building in Dubai!!!!!!
But have you been to the ones on the 4th floor near the canteen.

Well actually the canteen's bad enough, the fact it says restricted area on the door makes you know it's not going to be a good place to go.
Old Feb 7th 2007, 6:11 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MJC
But have you been to the ones on the 4th floor near the canteen.

Well actually the canteen's bad enough, the fact it says restricted area on the door makes you know it's not going to be a good place to go.
Yes, As you know, the canteen only serves cold indian food every single day.

Something disagreed with me the other day and i had to venture in there.

The toilet was exactly the same as the one out of "trainspotting"

Old Feb 7th 2007, 6:15 am
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, As you know, the canteen only serves cold indian food every single day.

Something disagreed with me the other day and i had to venture in there.

The toilet was exactly the same as the one out of "trainspotting"

But "The Management" did bow down to the workers protests and put an extramicrowave in there (I kid you not), so the queues are now half the length.

The fruit juices are actually really good there, wouldn't go near anything else with a bargepole though.

And if their customers knew what the "Highly Paid and Qualified" consultants were really like....

hmmm.... nice (In the words of mh)
Old Feb 7th 2007, 8:29 am
Forum Regular

mmm... is just really nicemmm... is just really nicemmm... is just really nicemmm... is just really nicemmm... is just really nicemmm... is just really nicemmm... is just really nicemmm... is just really nicemmm... is just really nicemmm... is just really nicemmm... is just really nice

Oh

So l wasnt seeing things when l saw two shoe prints on the toilet seat. Bloody hell, dont believe it, only been here two months so am new to all this. Like the seat is on hinges to lift the seat, maybe the whole loo should be on a hinge so u can lift it and be left with a hole to squat over.

The water all over the floor is horrible, the hose thing (i think its called a douche or summin) is good for hygiene, but some seem to hose the whole place down with it, as if they wanted to be a fire fighter when they were young.

I dont see anything wrong with washing feet in the basin, me being a muslim too, need to resort to this if there are no other ablution facilities, but l try not to make a mess.

I think on a whole you could say with a lot of things that these ppl are very simply villagers/bedoins/whateva and need to be educated about living civily. As they dont see anything wrong with alot of things they do e.g. squatting on an seated loo, horning at traffic, not using indicators.

Instead of having ill feelings, maybe we should be patient and help educate them about these issues, as it is our choice to be in their part of the world.

Just my view, nothing else
Old Feb 7th 2007, 8:42 am
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by mmm...
So l wasnt seeing things when l saw two shoe prints on the toilet seat.
squatting on an seated loo,
That'll explain the sign in the spinal hospital on beach road about not standing on the toilet, never knew that.

Just my view, nothing else
It's sad that we have to apologise for our thoughts, in case they MIGHT be deemed offensive to some people.

Surely we can "Say what we see"
Old Feb 7th 2007, 8:56 am
Forum Regular

mmm... is just really nicemmm... is just really nicemmm... is just really nicemmm... is just really nicemmm... is just really nicemmm... is just really nicemmm... is just really nicemmm... is just really nicemmm... is just really nicemmm... is just really nicemmm... is just really nice

It's sad that we have to apologise for our thoughts, in case they MIGHT be deemed offensive to some people.

Surely we can "Say what we see"[/QUOTE]

yeah true, im new to this, so i just wanted to make it clear that i dont mean any harm in any way, or that l am opposing somebody elses comment, as l dont want to start a keyboard fight.
Old Feb 7th 2007, 9:11 am
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

yeah true, im new to this, so i just wanted to make it clear that i dont mean any harm in any way, or that l am opposing somebody elses comment, as l dont want to start a keyboard fight.
It's not (just) you, it's indicitive of society today.

Needless to say I'm not a PC fan (or a mac for that matter )
Old Feb 7th 2007, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MJC

indictive

mmm...

what does that mean

Old Feb 7th 2007, 10:50 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MJC

And the award for first usage of the term PC goes to....

Blimey, it's turning into TIO on here.
Old Feb 7th 2007, 6:37 pm
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

TA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond repute

If anybody has seen the 'mystery of the urinal deuce' episode of southpark it is quite fitting to this 'situation'

edit. it's on youtube, search for 'south park urinal'

it will also appeal to all the 9-11 conspiracy nutjobs
Old Feb 7th 2007, 7:00 pm
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TA5
If anybody has seen the 'mystery of the urinal deuce' episode of southpark it is quite fitting to this 'situation'

edit. it's on youtube, search for 'south park urinal'

it will also appeal to all the 9-11 conspiracy nutjobs
I was speaking to a guy at work who witnessed one fellow walk in the toilets for a dump.
All the cubicles were full, so he pulled the cover off the floor drain (like all wet-rooms/bathrooms have) and squatted down and crapped into it.

Old Feb 8th 2007, 4:26 pm
Diarist

secretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to behold

The water all over the floor is horrible, the hose thing (i think its called a douche or summin) is good for hygiene
I term it a "fanny splasher". (In the British sense, not the American "fannypack" sense).

My favourite was the Jumeirah Jane who after five years here still thought it was a device for cleaning the lavatory with.

Apparently they had massive problems in Ibn Battuta with the men's bog seats getting cracked from people standing on them. Part of the problem was labourers standing on them to take showers, because their camps weren't getting enough water supplies. That's pretty sad when you think about it.

Ladies' loos thank christ are usually more faeces free.
Old Feb 8th 2007, 4:44 pm
W10

I guess I've just been lucky. Everyone in my office seems to be able to use the toilet seat for sitting on.

There is always plenty of water lying around after prayer time though

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.