Multiculturalism

Old Feb 6th 2007, 10:25 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Multiculturalism

Saw this in the toilets at work today...

Old Feb 6th 2007, 11:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: In the tree across the road, watching you with binoculars.
elmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Multiculturalism

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers

A sign won't stop 'em.

I work for a large UK company and following an intake of new staff ( I won't say anything about them, as you can draw your own, probably correct, conclusions ... ), our toilets were frequently unusable because of faeces and urine on the toilet seats, etc. My company didn't want to offend anyones' practices so just sent an email around the building asking people to try and keep the toilets as they would wish to find them. Made no difference. All the people who DO keep the toilets as they'd wish to find them started using other toilets on other floors. So now the dirty buggers effectively have their own toilets.
Old Feb 6th 2007, 11:43 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elmtree
A sign won't stop 'em.

I work for a large UK company and following an intake of new staff ( I won't say anything about them, as you can draw your own, probably correct, conclusions ... ), our toilets were frequently unusable because of faeces and urine on the toilet seats, etc. My company didn't want to offend anyones' practices so just sent an email around the building asking people to try and keep the toilets as they would wish to find them. Made no difference. All the people who DO keep the toilets as they'd wish to find them started using other toilets on other floors. So now the dirty buggers effectively have their own toilets.
I used to know someone who was cabin crew, and on certain flights from further east, they ALWAYS had complaints from passengers.

Some of them would stand on the seat and s#it all over the place, wash there feet in the hand basin or spray water all over the floor to wash there feet.

Alot of the time they did not know how to close or lock the door so they would climb up and squat in full view of everyone and "curl one out"

filthy ********
Old Feb 6th 2007, 11:45 am
Up in the air

Originally Posted by elmtree
A sign won't stop 'em.

I can understand why the signs have been put up, most of the time the toilets look like a bl00dy crimescene!!
Old Feb 6th 2007, 11:54 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Are you working in Riyadh this week
Old Feb 6th 2007, 12:44 pm
Up in the air

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
LOL....no this was in an Emirates/Mercator building in Dubai!!!!!!

Was supposed to be in Eygpt this week, but that got put back (not sure if you are still there or not ???)

Got Riyadh in 2 weeks....luckily fly in...host a meeting..fly out....phew....
Old Feb 6th 2007, 12:47 pm
Pog mo thoin

Miss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
Most of the toilets in malls are disgusting - Ibn Battuta being particularly bad. I cannot believe women leave them in such a mess. Sometimes I wonder if it was bloke that was in there before me and sprayed everywhere!
Old Feb 6th 2007, 1:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Washing feet in the office wash basin is very common here people do it before they pray. I was quite horrified when I first saw people hoist their legs into the basin - didn't know it was a ritual here!

Wonder why none of the architects design special wash rooms and locate it next to the prayer rooms in offices - where these folks can wash their arms and feet conveniently - especially since this is an Islamic country

Last edited by IndieG; Feb 6th 2007 at 2:07 pm. Reason: Spelling......too many nit pickers
Old Feb 6th 2007, 2:06 pm
Up in the air

Originally Posted by IndieGirl
Washing feet in the office wash basin is very common here people do it before they pray. I was quite horrified when I first saw people hoist their legs into the basin - didn't know it was a ritual here!

Wonder why none of the architects design special wash rooms and locate it next to the prayer rooms in offices - where these folks can wash their arms and feet conviniently - especially since this is an Islamic country
I have no problem with people doing there ablutions, but taking off your shoes and socks, and climbing up onto the toilet seat to "drop the brown bomb" is something else!!

i could get a bum verruca or athletes arse!!!
Old Feb 6th 2007, 2:07 pm
Pog mo thoin

Miss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IndieGirl

Wonder why none of the architects design special wash rooms and locate it next to the prayer rooms in offices - where these folks can wash their arms and feet conveniently - especially since this is an Islamic country

My DH has designed these in the prayer rooms on the first floor at the Dusit. They are great. Wish all prayer rooms had them as it is much cleaner.
Old Feb 6th 2007, 2:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

I find it disgusting - I can't stand water around the wash basins.

Luckily the toilets in my office are exceptionally clean!
Old Feb 6th 2007, 2:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Miss Eck
My DH has designed these in the prayer rooms on the first floor at the Dusit. They are great. Wish all prayer rooms had them as it is much cleaner.
Wish your husband had designed these buildings
Old Feb 6th 2007, 3:25 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Then there's the practice of taking up the middle of 3 urinals when they go for a slash, and stand there with legs wide apart. I ALWAYS go for either end if I'm first up. Try as I might, I just can't put my British anally retentive sensitivities behind me and stand next to someone unless there is no other choice.

The bogs at our office are pretty bad. It drives our boss wild. I tend to go to the other end of the building where there aren't as many men and they are usually passable.

Thing is, we have to remember that these people come from different civilisations, often little villages with nothing more than a hole in the ground to poop into. Still, I find myself calling them uncivilised wretches in my head. I keep getting told this place will turn me into a racist.
Old Feb 6th 2007, 4:23 pm
Pog mo thoin

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
I keep getting told this place will turn me into a racist.
You're not being mislead either!

This makes the women's toilets sound clean
Old Feb 6th 2007, 5:15 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

I'm glad someone brought this up actually...been here nearly seven years and it still digusts me when you go to a toilet and it's covered in water/crap/goodness knows what!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.