Multi-Race Family

Old Nov 18th 2007, 5:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

jvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Multi-Race Family

Originally Posted by Confucius
See no evil,hear no evil was on tv today...
yup that's the one.
Old Nov 18th 2007, 6:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jvr20
yup that's the one.
Lovely...
Old Nov 18th 2007, 6:01 pm
Dan Marsden

Muqawim is a name known to allMuqawim is a name known to allMuqawim is a name known to allMuqawim is a name known to allMuqawim is a name known to allMuqawim is a name known to allMuqawim is a name known to allMuqawim is a name known to allMuqawim is a name known to allMuqawim is a name known to allMuqawim is a name known to all

Originally Posted by W10
Try walking around as an Asian with a Lebanese girl on your arm...thats a fun experience.
Yeah, I bet. The Missus is actually Lebanese...
Old Nov 18th 2007, 6:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Muqawim
Yeah, I bet. The Missus is actually Lebanese...
You chose wisely...
Old Nov 18th 2007, 9:34 pm
Dan Marsden

Muqawim is a name known to allMuqawim is a name known to allMuqawim is a name known to allMuqawim is a name known to allMuqawim is a name known to allMuqawim is a name known to allMuqawim is a name known to allMuqawim is a name known to allMuqawim is a name known to allMuqawim is a name known to allMuqawim is a name known to all

You chose wisely...
Old Nov 18th 2007, 9:59 pm
Forum Regular

Concern1 will become famous soon enoughConcern1 will become famous soon enough

As long as you're not 'Indian' or look like one. You will be fine. They can tell the difference between nationalities a lot better than folks here in the UK.
Having said that, In Dubai, even more so than here, its not who you are, but what you have that matters, how you look like, and how you dress.
The more money you have and being British, they'll assume you have enough, it should be enough to hold you well.
Old Nov 19th 2007, 4:05 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Concern1
As long as you're not 'Indian' or look like one. You will be fine. They can tell the difference between nationalities a lot better than folks here in the UK.
Having said that, In Dubai, even more so than here, its not who you are, but what you have that matters, how you look like, and how you dress.
The more money you have and being British, they'll assume you have enough, it should be enough to hold you well.
Yes but the point here is that for a multi-racial family, if the white man/woman is not present, its not easy to guess the nationality...dress style certainly helps, but not always.
Old Nov 19th 2007, 5:25 am
W10

Let me hold your arm instead of the girl and we'll be minor celebrities...
You had me at hello

Old Nov 19th 2007, 2:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

expat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond repute

second that.
Old Nov 19th 2007, 2:55 pm
Just Joined

PTME is a jewel in the roughPTME is a jewel in the roughPTME is a jewel in the roughPTME is a jewel in the roughPTME is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie
Great! And if you need help finding friends & settling in, many of the bunch of misfits that post on here meet up with alarming regularity. If you get desparate, you know...

Lol, thanks for that - will certainly keep that in mind! We're still working out a good deal but if we are coming out it won't be much before Mar '08....
Old Nov 19th 2007, 3:02 pm
Just Joined

PTME is a jewel in the roughPTME is a jewel in the roughPTME is a jewel in the roughPTME is a jewel in the roughPTME is a jewel in the rough

Well I'm definitely not Indian looking, I've got a fab scottish accent AND I clean up quite nicely as well...so looks like I just might be able to get by!
Old Nov 19th 2007, 3:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PTME
Well I'm definitely not Indian looking,
You have my sympathies
Old Nov 19th 2007, 3:13 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by lionheart
Yes but the point here is that for a multi-racial family, if the white man/woman is not present, its not easy to guess the nationality...dress style certainly helps, but not always.
When our son was just a few months old we were living in the Caribbean at the time and once while at the supermarket I was also mistaken for the maid, and though it was a bit irritating at the time I found it more amusing than anything else. My concern isn't really for myself I'm sure I will be able to cope. I just needed to make sure that racism isn't something my children will be subjected to on a daily/regular basis.
Old Nov 19th 2007, 3:14 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by IndieGirl
You have my sympathies

I'm sure I will survive
Old Nov 20th 2007, 4:08 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie
Well.... I can personally confirm that Irish/Asian people exist. I'm sure that there must be Irish/Africans somewhere on the planet...
We have Irish/Jamaicans in my family...although admittedly more Irish than Jamaican!

N.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.