moving to Riyadh

Old Mar 17th 2012, 5:54 pm
Just Joined

robsmissus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default moving to Riyadh

Hi everyone.

My husband has been offered a job in Riyadh. In his offer is a housing allowance of 65 Sara. What kind of compound would this get for us as a family? Also how quickly would it be for me and the kids to get over to him?

I have many questions, but obviously getting a house sorted is our main priority.

Any advice would be greatly received.

Thank you
Old Mar 17th 2012, 7:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: moving to Riyadh

Originally Posted by robsmissus
Hi everyone.

My husband has been offered a job in Riyadh. In his offer is a housing allowance of 65 Sara. What kind of compound would this get for us as a family? Also how quickly would it be for me and the kids to get over to him?

I have many questions, but obviously getting a house sorted is our main priority.

Any advice would be greatly received.

Thank you
What is 65 Sara?
And all good compounds have long waiting lists. If your company does not have houses on those, your chance of getting one is practically 0.
And it should take about a month for him to sort out the Iqama.

There are many threads on this on BE, do a search and you should find all relevant info.
Old Mar 17th 2012, 7:47 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Alexa
What is 65 Sara?
And all good compounds have long waiting lists. If your company does not have houses on those, your chance of getting one is practically 0.
And it should take about a month for him to sort out the Iqama.

There are many threads on this on BE, do a search and you should find all relevant info.
I meant 65 sars. predictive text on my phone. grr!!
Old Mar 17th 2012, 8:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

I meant 65 sars. predictive text on my phone. grr!!
Ok, do you mean 65 Saudi Riyals??
That would not even get you a space in a tent in the desert...
Old Mar 17th 2012, 8:13 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Alexa
Ok, do you mean 65 Saudi Riyals??
That would not even get you a space in a tent in the desert...
Thanks for that x
Old Mar 17th 2012, 8:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks for that x
Robsmissus, are you seriously saying they offered 65 Saudi Riyals for housing?
65 Saudi Riyals are about 11 Pounds...
Old Mar 17th 2012, 8:24 pm
Just Joined

My bad again!

He's been offered 80k SAR

So what will that get, a better class of tent?
Old Mar 18th 2012, 6:24 am
BE Enthusiast

spartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of light

80K will not get you a compound Villa for sure. They are taking the piss
Old Mar 18th 2012, 7:24 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

My bad again!

80k to 100k SAR will get you maybe a one bed studio/apartment on a compound. but like everyone else says they are not readily available, long waiting lists.
insist on the company finding the apartment.
Old Mar 18th 2012, 11:31 am
Just Joined

Wigan171 is an unknown quantity at this point

My bad again!

Rent a villa in a compound would be minumum 4000 SR / month , it can be more or less based on how many bed rooms, how near to the city centre, facilites available and security. My advice is to let your hubby contact the recruitment manager in that company and ask how much the average monthly rent in the nearest compound to the company to have a clue. When I was working there, I asked the company after I got the offer if they can book a villa for me in advance that match my housing allowance and they did so. Basically new comers to Riyadh will be living in a hotel for week or two which is paid by the employer up to time they sort out your house. bear in mind that any employee in an exective role level, the employer would be keen to facilitate his life from day one. so don't worry, even inside the compound you still can move to another better villa once there is a vacant.
Old Mar 18th 2012, 12:48 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Wigan171
Rent a villa in a compound would be minumum 4000 SR / month , it can be more or less based on how many bed rooms, how near to the city centre, facilites available and security. My advice is to let your hubby contact the recruitment manager in that company and ask how much the average monthly rent in the nearest compound to the company to have a clue. When I was working there, I asked the company after I got the offer if they can book a villa for me in advance that match my housing allowance and they did so. Basically new comers to Riyadh will be living in a hotel for week or two which is paid by the employer up to time they sort out your house. bear in mind that any employee in an exective role level, the employer would be keen to facilitate his life from day one. so don't worry, even inside the compound you still can move to another better villa once there is a vacant.
Thank you for that advice. There is so much to take in. Think my brain might explode!!

X
Old Mar 18th 2012, 12:51 pm
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for that advice. There is so much to take in. Think my brain might explode!!

X
By the way I am assuming that poster got the figures wrong not 4000 per month for a villa, 20-30,000SAR per month for a villa would be more accurate.
Old Mar 18th 2012, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

Jackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to all

Rent a villa in a compound would be minumum 4000 SR / month , it can be more or less based on how many bed rooms, how near to the city centre, facilites available and security.
So it would be 4K / month (48K /annum) minimum for a compound villa but it could be more or less?!

Apart from being conflicting advise, and even though I know nothing about Saudi, 48K / annum sounds totally unrealistic.
Old Mar 18th 2012, 10:43 pm
Just Joined

Wigan171 is an unknown quantity at this point

X
May be my information regarding the rent is not up to date but the rent will be vary depends if the Villa is furnished or unfurnished, are there satellite tv, internet and appliances included. The most popular compounds among Westerners are Arizona Golf Resort (5 stars), Cordoba (5 stars), Granada, Fal, Arabian Homes (4 stars).

So the best thing is that your hubby can contact the recruitment manager to get more information about average rent in near by compounds, or you can contact few compounds by email or phone to get detailed information.

Al-Hamra Oasis Village Compound
Tel: 2490440 Email: [email protected]

Cordoba Oasis Village Compound
Location: Exit 8 from City Centre, Airport Rd., Opp. Al Imam University
Tel: 2483471 Email: [email protected]

Arizona Golf Resort
Location: Airport Rd., After Exit 8, Local Traffic Rd., After Fal compound
Tel: 2484444 Email: [email protected]

Arabian Homes Co. Ltd.
Tel: 4541888 Email: [email protected]

Fal Compound
Tel: 2485847 Email: [email protected]

Last edited by Wigan171; Mar 18th 2012 at 11:35 pm.
Old Mar 18th 2012, 10:51 pm
Just Joined

I meant 14k SR not 4k, I am sorry I was typing on my mobile. The rent will be vary depends if the Villa is furnished or unfurnished, are there satellite tv, internet and appliances included. The most popular compounds among Westerners include Arizona Golf Resort (5 stars), Cordoba (5 stars), Granada, Fal, Arabian Homes (4 stars).

So the best thing is that your hubby can contact the recruitment manager to get more information about average rent in near by compounds, or you can contact few compounds by email or phone to get detailed information.

Al-Hamra Oasis Village Compound
Tel: 2490440 Email: [email protected]

Cordoba Oasis Village Compound
Location: Exit 8 from City Centre, Airport Rd., Opp. Al Imam University
Tel: 2483471 Email: [email protected]

Arizona Golf Resort
Location: Airport Rd., After Exit 8, Local Traffic Rd., After Fal compound
Tel: 2484444 Email: [email protected]

Arabian Homes Co. Ltd.
Tel: 4541888 Email: [email protected]

Fal Compound
Tel: 2485847 Email: [email protected]
Thank you so much. X

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.