Moving to Jeddah

Old Jun 25th 2007, 12:10 pm
Forum Regular

saafar is just really nicesaafar is just really nicesaafar is just really nicesaafar is just really nicesaafar is just really nicesaafar is just really nicesaafar is just really nicesaafar is just really nice
Default Moving to Jeddah

Hi All,

My company just open up a rep office in Jeddah and i will be bringing my family ther soon.

I was made to understand that i need to get an iqama before i can bring the family. What is the process like and how long can my family move in once i got my iqama?

With iqama, can i travel with my family out of the country freely?

Another thing, i been looking around for compund area, is Kindi housing and Binzagr village ok for family with little kids to stay? Can my wife go out easily while im at work?

Can we hire part time maid to help my wife with house chores?

Appreciate your reply.
Old Jun 25th 2007, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

saafar is just really nicesaafar is just really nicesaafar is just really nicesaafar is just really nicesaafar is just really nicesaafar is just really nicesaafar is just really nicesaafar is just really nice
Default Re: Moving to Jeddah

Originally Posted by saafar
Hi All,

My company just open up a rep office in Jeddah and i will be bringing my family ther soon.

I was made to understand that i need to get an iqama before i can bring the family. What is the process like and how long can my family move in once i got my iqama?

With iqama, can i travel with my family out of the country freely?

Another thing, i been looking around for compund area, is Kindi housing and Binzagr village ok for family with little kids to stay? Can my wife go out easily while im at work?

Can we hire part time maid to help my wife with house chores?

Appreciate your reply.
I'm waiting for a reply
Old Jun 25th 2007, 4:01 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

I'm waiting for a reply
I can't help, I have never been

Try doing a search on Jeddah. Saudi isn't that popular with the folk on here who have been, put it that way.
Old Jun 26th 2007, 4:16 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

I'm waiting for a reply
Keep waiting....
Old Jun 26th 2007, 4:17 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

And waiting...
Old Jun 26th 2007, 4:17 am
Up in the air

Right...Iqama's....

nah.....not ready yet.........keep waiting
Old Jun 26th 2007, 4:19 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
Right...Iqama's....

nah.....not ready yet.........keep waiting
Do you do this to all the girls
Old Jun 26th 2007, 4:19 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

You get the service you pay for ......
Old Jun 26th 2007, 4:25 am
Up in the air

Iqama (Saudi ID card) will allow you to open bank accounts, get driving licences etc and get your family over, However you cannot travel out of the country on it.

I would make sure that the company your working for allows you to retain your passports. Firms used to typically keep their employees passports to stop them from absconding, however this practice is becoming less and less

Jeddah is alot more laid back than Riyadh and your wife will have no problems going out and about.
Be aware that the humidity in Jeddah is alot greater than Riyadh.
Jeddah also has a great selection of restaraunts to cater for all tastes, but does not have the big malls or franchises of Riyadh

Compounds i cannot help with as i always stay in hotels
Old Jun 26th 2007, 4:27 am
Up in the air

Originally Posted by Ray
You get the service you pay for ......
Indeed, i cant stand people who demand information.

You would have thought they were doing me the favour!
Old Jun 26th 2007, 4:40 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Manners have to be taught I suppose... glad he is going your way ..
and not mine ..
Old Jun 26th 2007, 6:58 am
Forum Regular

maranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to all

Im new here but thought it was a bit rude on his part. I mean he hardly gave it a few hours.

Good of you to respond still though, but I guess its cos you are used to dealing with the saudis!
Old Jun 26th 2007, 7:30 am
Up in the air

Originally Posted by maranelloman
Im new here but thought it was a bit rude on his part. I mean he hardly gave it a few hours.

Good of you to respond still though, but I guess its cos you are used to dealing with the saudis!
Tell me about it!!

If i was a Saudi, i would have done it tomorrow......Inshallah
Old Jun 26th 2007, 7:31 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by maranelloman

we get this alot, if people did searches through recent threads and checked out the wiki at the top we wouldnt have any issues then helping them with their queries. You often feel like you are a free relocation company!!! then to make matters worse you welcome them, the post ten times and you never see them again!!!
Old Jun 26th 2007, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

maranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to all

I post on fourms quite a lot. Mainly car related stuff rather than BE type sites and see this quite a lot. People should just have a bit of patience.

JD. When I was in saudi they told me about IBM
I=Inshallah
B=Bukran

Any idea what the M stands for?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.