Moving flats

Old Jul 17th 2018, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

Taz786 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving flats

Hi,

I'm moving flats within the same building. I've hired help to move the furniture along with handyman to re-connect the washing machine, etc.

It's the first time i'm moving within Dubai. I will get DEWA and Etisalat to make the transfer. Is there anything else I need to consider?

Thanks
Old Jul 17th 2018, 10:51 am
BE Enthusiast

reddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving flats

Originally Posted by Taz786
Hi,

I'm moving flats within the same building. I've hired help to move the furniture along with handyman to re-connect the washing machine, etc.

It's the first time i'm moving within Dubai. I will get DEWA and Etisalat to make the transfer. Is there anything else I need to consider?

Thanks
Ejari for DEWA that's it
Old Jul 19th 2018, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

Thanks. There's an issue with moving to another flat within the same building so going to look at new places this weekend
Old Jul 23rd 2018, 10:07 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Thanks. There's an issue with moving to another flat within the same building so going to look at new places this weekend
why?

I did it a few years ago.
Old Jul 23rd 2018, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

They have an internal issue which requires a new contract, how the payments will move to the new flat, etc. Plus they know if its a new contract, I'm going to negotiate the rent further down.

Still waiting for final confirmation from the agency.
Old Jul 23rd 2018, 10:30 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

They have an internal issue which requires a new contract, how the payments will move to the new flat, etc. Plus they know if its a new contract, I'm going to negotiate the rent further down.

Still waiting for final confirmation from the agency.
Ah, is it a one-owner building?

In fairness, ours was to a new landlord and in a new name. They demanded permits for removal (exiting) and removal (entering) the building for the guys who came to help. Was a ****ing nightmare, so make sure you check what permits you need for the security guards at each place.
Old Jul 23rd 2018, 10:50 am
Banned

Raniyah is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, I heard the same case before, you need a new contract even when you are changing the apartment within the same building.
Old Jul 24th 2018, 5:18 am
Forum Regular

Scamp - Yes one building owner. Thanks for the advice on the permits - will consider once I'm definitely moving.

Raniyah - You're right. The agency GM wants to meet me. Let's see what he has to offer.
Old Nov 5th 2018, 8:25 am
Forum Regular

Hi Lex31,

My building is not available on your website to review. It seems you only have certain areas and haven't incorporated sections off Dubai thus far.
Old Nov 5th 2018, 10:37 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Lex31,

My building is not available on your website to review. It seems you only have certain areas and haven't incorporated sections off Dubai thus far.
Lex31 has left the building, apologies that they spammed you via PM. For future ref, you can report PM's just as you would report a post, and then the mods can take a look.

Thx.
Old Nov 6th 2018, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

I didn't view the PM but thanks for the warning. Will ignore it.