British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Moving flats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/moving-flats-915002/)

Taz786 Jul 17th 2018 8:53 am

Moving flats

Hi,

I'm moving flats within the same building. I've hired help to move the furniture along with handyman to re-connect the washing machine, etc.

It's the first time i'm moving within Dubai. I will get DEWA and Etisalat to make the transfer. Is there anything else I need to consider?

Thanks

reddiva Jul 17th 2018 10:51 am

Re: Moving flats

Originally Posted by Taz786 (Post 12534133)
Hi,

I'm moving flats within the same building. I've hired help to move the furniture along with handyman to re-connect the washing machine, etc.

It's the first time i'm moving within Dubai. I will get DEWA and Etisalat to make the transfer. Is there anything else I need to consider?

Thanks

Ejari for DEWA that's it

Taz786 Jul 19th 2018 11:32 am

Thanks. There's an issue with moving to another flat within the same building so going to look at new places this weekend :(

scrubbedexpat141 Jul 23rd 2018 10:07 am

Originally Posted by Taz786 (Post 12535495)
Thanks. There's an issue with moving to another flat within the same building so going to look at new places this weekend :(

why?

I did it a few years ago.

Taz786 Jul 23rd 2018 10:20 am

They have an internal issue which requires a new contract, how the payments will move to the new flat, etc. Plus they know if its a new contract, I'm going to negotiate the rent further down.

Still waiting for final confirmation from the agency.

scrubbedexpat141 Jul 23rd 2018 10:30 am

Originally Posted by Taz786 (Post 12537142)
They have an internal issue which requires a new contract, how the payments will move to the new flat, etc. Plus they know if its a new contract, I'm going to negotiate the rent further down.

Still waiting for final confirmation from the agency.

Ah, is it a one-owner building?

In fairness, ours was to a new landlord and in a new name. They demanded permits for removal (exiting) and removal (entering) the building for the guys who came to help. Was a ****ing nightmare, so make sure you check what permits you need for the security guards at each place.

Raniyah Jul 23rd 2018 10:50 am

Yeah, I heard the same case before, you need a new contract even when you are changing the apartment within the same building.

Taz786 Jul 24th 2018 5:18 am

Scamp - Yes one building owner. Thanks for the advice on the permits - will consider once I'm definitely moving.

Raniyah - You're right. The agency GM wants to meet me. Let's see what he has to offer.

Taz786 Nov 5th 2018 8:25 am

Hi Lex31,

My building is not available on your website to review. It seems you only have certain areas and haven't incorporated sections off Dubai thus far.

christmasoompa Nov 5th 2018 10:37 am

Originally Posted by Taz786 (Post 12588116)
Hi Lex31,

My building is not available on your website to review. It seems you only have certain areas and haven't incorporated sections off Dubai thus far.

Lex31 has left the building, apologies that they spammed you via PM. For future ref, you can report PM's just as you would report a post, and then the mods can take a look.

Thx.

Taz786 Nov 6th 2018 8:14 am

I didn't view the PM but thanks for the warning. Will ignore it.