Moving to Dubai

Old Jul 20th 2004, 11:54 am
Just Joined

byronlindi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Dubai

Hi All, First time on this site.

We are interested in moving to Dubai, just started looking into it. Finding information on jobs and the job market is very difficult. I'm a buyer and my husband it a lang surveyor. Any information advise from you experts out there will help

Hope to chat soon !
Old Jul 21st 2004, 8:43 am
Just Joined

Sools is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Also new to this site!

All depends on what type of industry you are looking to work for

You could start looking on these websites to get an idea of what is available

www.clarendonparker.com
www.bayt.com
www.gulfjobsites.com/jobs/United_Arab_Emirates

also have a look at the local papers Gulf News and Kkaleej Times
www.gulfnews.com
www.khaleejtimes.com

Let me know if there is anything in particular and I will try and help with an answer for you!

All the best
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 11:21 am
Just Joined

Default Thanks

Thanks for your reply !

I would be looking for a job as a buyer, I'm currently working in the manufacturing business. My husband is the land surveyor and would work in any industry that requires the service. We've been working and living in the UK for almost 4 years - therefore we have great experience.

From reading the chats and looking at websites, it's not easy to get into Dubai. Am I correct by saying that the main problem is work, or is it a matter of time to find the right thing?

In what industry do you work in? And how long have you been in Dubai ?

Looking forward to the chat.

Originally posted by Sools
Hi

Also new to this site!

www.clarendonparker.com
www.bayt.com

www.gulfnews.com
www.khaleejtimes.com

Let me know if there is anything in particular and I will try and help with an answer for you!

All the best
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 11:37 am
Balushi

Originally posted by Sools
Hi

Also new to this site!

www.clarendonparker.com
www.bayt.com

www.gulfnews.com
www.khaleejtimes.com

All the best

Wat abt u expatmum.com??

Old Jul 24th 2004, 5:14 am
Just Joined

Sools is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi byronlindi

you may be in luck in manufacturing or services as Dubai is booming at the moment. The problem is with finding work out here is that cos there is such a high percentage of low wage workers, you may find the salary advertised very low compared to what you are used to getting in the UK. Westerners do seem to get a better deal with salary.

The work is out here but it's just being in the right place at the right time. Here's another website for you http://jobs.theemiratesnetwork.com/

May be worth your while researching the companies out here then seeing if they have a UK based office who may be hiring to post a position in Dubai.

Sorry, I can't help with your husbands position as I don't know enough about that industry.

I am a buyer in the IT industry and have been out here for 20 months now.

All the best
Old Jul 29th 2004, 6:53 am
Just Joined

Hi,

Thanks for the info Sools, much appreciated.

If you don't mind can I ask a few more questions ?

I will be starting my CIPS qualification in the next few weeks, do you think this will be an advantage for me when moving to Dubai ? Do they specify this as a requirement when advertising jobs ?

I will take your advise and start researching companies in the UK/ Dubai.

We are only thinking of moving to Dubai in +- 1 1/2 years, when do you think we should start looking for work? We are thinking of visiting Dubai next year, do you recommend visiting some companies ?

Thanks again for your help.
Old Jul 29th 2004, 9:49 am
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

My wife and I are going out to Dubai next week from the UK for the first time and have set up some meetings with recruitment companies and contacts we've made ourselves.

We're aiming to move out in Oct. this year (!).

Will try to let you know what we find and give you some hints / tips / advice etc when we get back....

Cheers.
Old Jul 31st 2004, 3:54 pm
Just Joined

ALESSANDRAB is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Autonomy
Hi,

My wife and I are going out to Dubai next week from the UK for the first time and have set up some meetings with recruitment companies and contacts we've made ourselves.

We're aiming to move out in Oct. this year (!).

Will try to let you know what we find and give you some hints / tips / advice etc when we get back....

Cheers.
====================

Hi, I am very interested in knowing how your talks with the recruitment companies go... some of the web sites look so fake for the headhunters... Also, if you recommend any headhunter companies, not just job websites, I´m interested, (education/training/new media/media - preferably management or senior level, or slightly less).

good luck,
Alessandra
Old Aug 15th 2004, 6:33 pm
sahmed

sahmed is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving to Dubai

first of all u people r mostly welcome to uae, 2 nd finding job is so easy that there are special companies deal and look for the kind of jobs u people r looking for hape u got my point .............any help im ready feel free to contact me
Old Aug 19th 2004, 12:04 am
Just Joined

clisbys is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sahmed
first of all u people r mostly welcome to uae, 2 nd finding job is so easy that there are special companies deal and look for the kind of jobs u people r looking for hape u got my point .............any help im ready feel free to contact me
i am also new to this web site. my & my partner are looking to relocate... we dont know where yet (europe, australia.... dubai). all depends...
would you recommend any agencies?
Old Aug 19th 2004, 12:13 am
Just Joined

clisbys is an unknown quantity at this point

as i already mentioned me & my partnet would love to relocate... dubai seems to be a lovely place, however it seems to be a hard work to find usefull websites online.
& from the web site we did find, well there`s not much info available

if there are more sites worth to look into... let us know...
Old Aug 19th 2004, 8:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Calgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really nice

Originally Posted by sahmed
Hi,
I am new to this forum . U mentioned finding job is easy in dubai and there are special agencies? can you tell me their website if possible so I can contect them , I am a computer programmer here in canada and very much intrested in moving to dubai. So any help would be approciated.

Muhammad
Old Aug 31st 2004, 12:08 pm
Just Joined

kbman is an unknown quantity at this point

Another site worth looking at is SaSkills. They mainly focus on the South-African expats, but they help relocate from all over the world. The vacancies on the site also kept up to date, so go have a look.

Jobs in Dubai - SaSkills

Hope this helps
Ciao
Old Aug 31st 2004, 12:39 pm
The 5th Amendment

joseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nice

Hi

I have bee nsearching for Graphic Design and Advertising Recruitment agencies and have found only one called MBR Worldwide. All the other guys such as the HR recruitment firms with the exception of JobsinDubai do not cater for my industry.

Looked at GMR Online and their job section is no online yet so does anybody have any other names of Recruit agencies in my field for DXB?

cheers

J
Old Sep 18th 2004, 7:32 pm

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: Moving to Dubai

Originally Posted by joseph.creative
Hi

I have bee nsearching for Graphic Design and Advertising Recruitment agencies and have found only one called MBR Worldwide. All the other guys such as the HR recruitment firms with the exception of JobsinDubai do not cater for my industry.

Looked at GMR Online and their job section is no online yet so does anybody have any other names of Recruit agencies in my field for DXB?

cheers

J
It may be ofhelp to you Im not quite sure but most recruitment agencies rely on potentail employers to spot a vacany in the paper.
You could try [email protected]
However before youleap and sign a contract be sure its the job you want as in the uae there is a cunning law that aims to stop certain ppl from job hopping , if you resign you can potentially recieve 6 months, max two years ban on working in the uae and also banned from entering the country for 6 months.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.