Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Moving to AL AIN in December

Moving to AL AIN in December

Old Nov 21st 2008, 7:24 am
Just Joined

Suzxx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to AL AIN in December

Hi, im moving to Al Ain with my Husband and daughter who is 2 , we will initially be staying at the Hilton Hotel in Al Ain, my hubby will be working at the Hospital so will be on my own with my two year old, just wondered if there was any other mums out there in the same position? Also whats it like at the Hilton? Are the facilities good for entertaining a 2 year old? Any info would be appreciated.Thanks Sue
Old Nov 21st 2008, 7:26 am
Now 15% less offensive

NedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Moving to AL AIN in December

Have a look on the Hilton website - they should have the facilities for Al Ain listed there.

Good Luck
Old Nov 21st 2008, 7:35 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Suzxx
Hi, im moving to Al Ain with my Husband and daughter who is 2 , we will initially be staying at the Hilton Hotel in Al Ain, my hubby will be working at the Hospital so will be on my own with my two year old, just wondered if there was any other mums out there in the same position? Also whats it like at the Hilton? Are the facilities good for entertaining a 2 year old? Any info would be appreciated.Thanks Sue
Amazing Grace also lives at the Hotel, she will see this and make contact
Old Nov 24th 2008, 6:52 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the replys!
Old Nov 24th 2008, 8:04 am
Forum Regular

Aussieoverseas has a brilliant futureAussieoverseas has a brilliant futureAussieoverseas has a brilliant futureAussieoverseas has a brilliant futureAussieoverseas has a brilliant futureAussieoverseas has a brilliant future

Check the Living in Al Ain thread - lots of info on there and lots of people living in Al Ain.
Old Nov 24th 2008, 1:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Amazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Suzxx

Yes I live at the Hilton and it is just so lovely and quiet and laid back with beautiful gardens with lots of green grass. Two pools one for playing in and one for swimming lengths so quite deep. There is a Mums and Toddlers group every Thursday morning outside in the wintertime by the climbing frame and swing park. I dont think you will be too lonely here for long with a little one so I would suggest take yourself along to the Mums Group. I am going back to UK on Thursday but will be back in January. Which hospital is hubby going to work at. Keep in touch and I can give you some names of people if it is the same hospital as my hubby who have little ones the same age.

Grace

As Ausieoverseas says have a look at the Living In Al Ain thread it is massive and was begun by a very dear friend of both of us and is packed with lots of information.
Old Nov 24th 2008, 8:52 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the info!!! My hubby will be working at Al Ain Hospital ( which used to be Jimi Hospital) I think Suzxx
Old Nov 25th 2008, 2:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Amazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond repute

Yes the official name is Al Ain Hospital but is known locally and affectionately as Jimi Hospital. Just being nosey is he going to be working on the medical side or admin side. My hubby is engineering. There are some lovely families with little ones so will introduce you to some when you are here but most people will be away over Christmas I think but there is loads to do with great festivities in the hotel during the whole of December in the run up to the big day where there is going to be a Christmas Market with lovely food to eat so apart from the gorgeous weather it will be just like home.

Would advise you get Skype downloaded before you arrive here and also get an international driving licence which will make life easier. Where are you coming from in the world. Any questions please feel free to PM me and I will help wherever possible.

Grace
Old Nov 25th 2008, 6:21 am
Just Joined

Hi, Thanks for that, Im from the UK, but have been living in Australia for the past 18 months, my hubby is australian so thats why we moved there, he is going to be working on the IT side at the hospital.

What sort of food is over there? How hard is it to find rental accommodation? Is there anything else that I need to know??? lol

Thanks Again

Suzxx