British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Moving to AL AIN in December (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/moving-al-ain-december-574382/)

Suzxx Nov 21st 2008 7:24 am

Moving to AL AIN in December

Hi, im moving to Al Ain with my Husband and daughter who is 2 , we will initially be staying at the Hilton Hotel in Al Ain, my hubby will be working at the Hospital so will be on my own with my two year old, just wondered if there was any other mums out there in the same position? Also whats it like at the Hilton? Are the facilities good for entertaining a 2 year old? Any info would be appreciated.Thanks Sue

NedKelly63 Nov 21st 2008 7:26 am

Re: Moving to AL AIN in December

Have a look on the Hilton website - they should have the facilities for Al Ain listed there.

Good Luck

Blue Cat Nov 21st 2008 7:35 am

Originally Posted by Suzxx (Post 6995395)
Hi, im moving to Al Ain with my Husband and daughter who is 2 , we will initially be staying at the Hilton Hotel in Al Ain, my hubby will be working at the Hospital so will be on my own with my two year old, just wondered if there was any other mums out there in the same position? Also whats it like at the Hilton? Are the facilities good for entertaining a 2 year old? Any info would be appreciated.Thanks Sue

Amazing Grace also lives at the Hotel, she will see this and make contact :thumbup:

Suzxx Nov 24th 2008 6:52 am

Thanks for the replys!

Aussieoverseas Nov 24th 2008 8:04 am

Check the Living in Al Ain thread - lots of info on there and lots of people living in Al Ain.

Amazing Grace Nov 24th 2008 1:02 pm

Hi Suzxx

Yes I live at the Hilton and it is just so lovely and quiet and laid back with beautiful gardens with lots of green grass. Two pools one for playing in and one for swimming lengths so quite deep. There is a Mums and Toddlers group every Thursday morning outside in the wintertime by the climbing frame and swing park. I dont think you will be too lonely here for long with a little one so I would suggest take yourself along to the Mums Group. I am going back to UK on Thursday but will be back in January. Which hospital is hubby going to work at. Keep in touch and I can give you some names of people if it is the same hospital as my hubby who have little ones the same age.

Grace :wub:

As Ausieoverseas says have a look at the Living In Al Ain thread it is massive and was begun by a very dear friend of both of us and is packed with lots of information.

Suzxx Nov 24th 2008 8:52 pm

Thanks for the info!!! My hubby will be working at Al Ain Hospital ( which used to be Jimi Hospital) I think:confused_smile: Suzxx

Amazing Grace Nov 25th 2008 2:15 am

Yes the official name is Al Ain Hospital but is known locally and affectionately as Jimi Hospital. Just being nosey is he going to be working on the medical side or admin side. My hubby is engineering. There are some lovely families with little ones so will introduce you to some when you are here but most people will be away over Christmas I think but there is loads to do with great festivities in the hotel during the whole of December in the run up to the big day where there is going to be a Christmas Market with lovely food to eat so apart from the gorgeous weather it will be just like home.

Would advise you get Skype downloaded before you arrive here and also get an international driving licence which will make life easier. Where are you coming from in the world. Any questions please feel free to PM me and I will help wherever possible.

Grace:)

Suzxx Nov 25th 2008 6:21 am

Hi, Thanks for that, Im from the UK, but have been living in Australia for the past 18 months, my hubby is australian so thats why we moved there, he is going to be working on the IT side at the hospital.

What sort of food is over there? How hard is it to find rental accommodation? Is there anything else that I need to know??? lol

Thanks Again

Suzxx