Mobily internet

Old Aug 9th 2013, 4:05 am
Just Joined

riyadhroy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Mobily internet

Hello - I live in KSA, and just got the Mobily Connect 4G internet package, which was on special offer during Ramadan. I used to have compound-provided internet, which was good but it was a ripoff (350 SAR a month) so I went for this one.

I got the supposedly fastest package, which is also supposedly unlimited. However, in the couple of days since I've set it up, it's been a bit of a mare. When I put on the V.P.N, the connection is far too slow to watch British TV, resulting in buffering every few seconds (and sometimes even a message "You do not have sufficient bandwidth...."). And when I try to download something via utorrent, there's no movement at all on the download, and meanwhile the rest of the internet seizes up, and won't load a single page!

Does anyone else have this package? Do you have the same problems? Does Mobily deliberately block V.P.Ns and torrents? I only have two out of five blue bars on the signal strength indicator on the router - is this normal?

I'm not a big techie, so if there are any experts who know their stuff and could give me some pointers, I'd be most grateful. All assistance appreciated (the shop's closed till after Ramadan!)
Old Aug 9th 2013, 6:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Mobily internet

A service reliant on mobile phone masts, with a ping of 42ms and a download speed varying from half dialup speed a week or two ago to 6megs. Fun, isn't it