Reload this Page >

Missing in Dubai - timmy maccoll, sailor

Wikiposts

Missing in Dubai - timmy maccoll, sailor

Old Jul 15th 2012, 9:26 pm
Just Joined

heliotropic1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Missing in Dubai - timmy maccoll, sailor

The police are so eager to make expats an example they would have used Timmy as one. He's not in jail. I do however believe from the families past holding back info they know more. They knew the driver had been found, they knew the gps route, they saw cctv, is that why Rachael couldn't be arsed to attend to attend the candle vigil on the beach that the public had arranged for her husband?
Old Jul 15th 2012, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

Sarab Sam is an unknown quantity at this point

They knew the taxi route but any Tom, Dick or Abdul could of been driving that night. Also who knows if he actually got out at the port, we only have the word of the person the police have spoken to for that.
Old Jul 15th 2012, 9:40 pm
Just Joined

heliotropic1 is an unknown quantity at this point

The taxi drivers also work 12 hour shifts, I expect one passenger is pretty much like any other.
Old Jul 15th 2012, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

One of the taxi drivers fell asleep at the wheel in the mid afternoon when I was last there. My daughter in the front seat gave him a wack to wake him up. He was then dozing off again and I had to shake him, we were bloody glad to get out in one piece.
Old Jul 15th 2012, 9:52 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

I am convinced Timmy's whereabouts is no longer a mystery to his nearest and dearest &guess we are just waiting for them to announce any update.
An expat forum of speculators,cynics and sympathisers won't be too high up their list of priorities however it is for them to make the announcement.

Let it go people.........

Unless of course Kix and Blue Cat want to tell me I am way wide of the mark.
Old Jul 15th 2012, 9:52 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Sarab Sam
One of the taxi drivers fell asleep at the wheel in the mid afternoon when I was last there. My daughter in the front seat gave him a wack to wake him up. He was then dozing off again and I had to shake him, we were bloody glad to get out in one piece.
Happens regularly
Old Jul 15th 2012, 10:02 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Is anyone familiar with the Al Khan Bay area in Sharjah?

I have driven through it - it's sort of behind Sharjah Expo Centre, but is there more industry there? Is there an active port there? Is there excess polution in the area? I really can't recall.
Old Jul 15th 2012, 10:07 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
Is anyone familiar with the Al Khan Bay area in Sharjah?

I have driven through it - it's sort of behind Sharjah Expo Centre, but is there more industry there? Is there an active port there? Is there excess polution in the area? I really can't recall.
Port Khalid...I work there sometimes..
Old Jul 15th 2012, 10:57 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

A taxi driver was interviewed however they aren't sure if the person he dropped off at the Port was actually Timmy. When the family came and visited the area where the taxi driver dropped of someone it was apparent that it couldn't have been Timmy because the entire area was safe, there was no way someone could have fallen into any water in that area. This information I think was made available in the press or on FB I can't remember.

The Navy Divers found nothing when they searched the entire area of the Dock.

He is still missing, the family do not have any other information that they are keeping secret, they are still waiting for information being gathered here via the Authorities.
Old Jul 15th 2012, 11:01 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
75% of this thread has been rumour, speculation, petty arguments, wild conjecture and posts irrelevant to the topic.

Are you just realising that now, or are you operating under the illusion that posting on this thread is somehow helping the search? If you want to genuinely help go search on the streets, instead of this faux outrage.
I doubt anyone on here though this thread was going to be of any real use, apart from to ensure that as many people as possible were aware of the missing man at outset. Public awareness could only have been a good thing at the beginning.

'Faux outrage'? That's an unpleasant accusation. I'm confident that every regular poster (I can't speak for others) was truly hoping he'd be found alive, but we are realists.

Seems to me that it is quite natural for people to talk and to idly speculate about what may have happened, especially if there are no hard facts to go on. That's human nature. It's not malicious and not meant to be harmful in any way.

I know that quite a few people in Dubai have helped where they can, but there's really not much to be done now.
Old Jul 15th 2012, 11:18 pm
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
'Faux outrage'? That's an unpleasant accusation. I'm confident that every regular poster (I can't speak for others) was truly hoping he'd be found alive, but we are realists.
The outrage accusation was directed at the the person I quoted not all the posters in the thread as I was pointing out to him exactly what you are repeating to me again.
Old Jul 15th 2012, 11:24 pm
Forum Regular

I have a tracker in my van for work and the information that it provides is quite frightening, to keep us on our toes they relay the TRACKER REPORT to us quite often.
It sounds like the GPS on the taxi's in Dubai don't have the same system.

Regarding the taxi driver not being the one their looking for, I read somewhere that he said Timmy's friends only gave him dhs25 instead of the dhs70 they claim.
Old Jul 15th 2012, 11:30 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

I have a tracker in my van for work and the information that it provides is quite frightening, to keep us on our toes they relay the TRACKER REPORT to us quite often.
It sounds like the GPS on the taxi's in Dubai don't have the same system.

Regarding the taxi driver not being the one their looking for, I read somewhere that he said Timmy's friends only gave him dhs25 instead of the dhs70 they claim.
25 would have got him back to the Port, it's just a short drive. Can you imagine how many taxi's went from Rock Bottom that evening carrying sailors?

Last edited by Blue Cat; Jul 15th 2012 at 11:35 pm.
Old Jul 15th 2012, 11:39 pm
Forum Regular

These trackers are to the second, they know what time he got into the taxi and the driver confirmed his friends gave him the fare but disputes the amount.
Old Jul 15th 2012, 11:41 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

These trackers are to the second, they know what time he got into the taxi and the driver confirmed his friends gave him the fare but disputes the amount.

If his friends were unfamiliar with local currency it would be quite easy to confuse the notes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.