Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Migrating to Dubai

Migrating to Dubai

Old May 22nd 2004, 9:16 am
Just Joined

Taylorz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Migrating to Dubai

I am a British Citizen living in Switzerland and wanting to move to Dubai. Is it easy to move there or do I need a job etc.?

Don't need info on it being a muslim country. I know all the rules and regulations in that respect

Greatful for any hot tips or info or GOOD links
Old May 23rd 2004, 10:41 am
Forum Regular

CarolFraser is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Migrating to Dubai

Originally posted by Taylorz
I am a British Citizen living in Switzerland and wanting to move to Dubai. Is it easy to move there or do I need a job etc.?

Don't need info on it being a muslim country. I know all the rules and regulations in that respect

Greatful for any hot tips or info or GOOD links
You only have a certain length of time you can stay in Dubai without a redidency visa. As a British citizen you automatically get a free visit visa on arrival that lasts for 60 days. Best to get a job lined up before you go as job hunting can be a lengthy process & 60 days isn't likely to be long enough.

It's certainly not the hardship posting it used to be so demand for jobs is huge and the packages aren't what they used to be either. Judging by some of the other posts in this forum recently, don't expect things to happen quickly. Don't let that put you off coming though - it really is a fabulous place to live.

Good luck.