Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Meeting new people in Dubai??

Meeting new people in Dubai??

Old Jul 17th 2009, 6:13 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Meeting new people in Dubai??

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
As if by magic...Time Out this week has this article:

http://www.timeoutdubai.com/communit...-circles-dubai
thought as much
Old Jul 17th 2009, 11:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Timmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Becci_Neil
Hi

Definitely recommend Time Out Dubai magazine. You'll find out loads of things going on each week.

Also happy hour 5 til 7 at the Harbour Hotel. Best view of the palm, great food and drink and fab place to meet people. I'm there every night haha

Hi. Is it really Happy Hour every night? What's the deal like?
Old Jul 17th 2009, 11:33 am
Forum Regular

Becci_Neil is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Timmy Molloy - London Boy
Hi. Is it really Happy Hour every night? What's the deal like?
Yep. Half price on drinks and food between 5 and 7 every day (really busy on a thurs obviously) nicer rest of the week when you can bag a fab window view). 52nd floor of harbour hotel - The Observatory. You can see the whole of the palm, down th coast to the burj, up towards the walk at jbr and the marina. And perfect to see the sun set. My hubby proposed to me up there.

Only selected drinks - cocktails, beer, wine - I LIVE for mojitos! usually 40 but 20Dhs happy hour. Food is platter style, tried them all, no complaints at all most expensive platter 60Dhs (usually 120) and it fed 4 of us. Only snack like, not sit down meal - better tho for all the drink (although there is a restaurant - think they do a good brunch) - i sound like a sales man! haha. I should ask for commisson! Lovely staff too, never need to move from your seat. TV showing the sport but not on loud. I heard in TOD it was one of the best happy hours. of course all above, my opinion. But i defo reccommend a visit. you can always leave after one.

Dont think i've ever walked out of there sober haha. Lovely walk around the marina afterwards all the way up to marina mall. Love it!!! gona miss that living in Al Ain.
Old Jul 17th 2009, 11:35 am
Forum Regular

Yep. Half price on drinks and food between 5 and 7 every day (really busy on a thurs obviously) nicer rest of the week when you can bag a fab window view). 52nd floor of harbour hotel - The Observatory. You can see the whole of the palm, down th coast to the burj, up towards the walk at jbr and the marina. And perfect to see the sun set. My hubby proposed to me up there.

Only selected drinks - cocktails, beer, wine - I LIVE for mojitos! usually 40 but 20Dhs happy hour. Food is platter style, tried them all, no complaints at all most expensive platter 60Dhs (usually 120) and it fed 4 of us. Only snack like, not sit down meal - better tho for all the drink (although there is a restaurant - think they do a good brunch) - i sound like a sales man! haha. I should ask for commisson! Lovely staff too, never need to move from your seat. TV showing the sport but not on loud. I heard in TOD it was one of the best happy hours. of course all above, my opinion. But i defo reccommend a visit. you can always leave after one.

Dont think i've ever walked out of there sober haha. Lovely walk around the marina afterwards all the way up to marina mall. Love it!!! gona miss that living in Al Ain.
eee my god, sorry - i do babble dont i!! I should write reviews! ha

Enjoy
Old Jul 17th 2009, 11:36 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

eee my god, sorry - i do babble dont i!! I should write reviews! ha

Enjoy
you a Geordie?
Old Jul 17th 2009, 11:46 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
you a Geordie?
LOL. No, semi geordie. Moved to Newc 7 years ago for uni and ended up staying. my accents all over the place (i think eeeeeeee is my worst habbit)
Old Jul 17th 2009, 2:11 pm
Concierge

LOL. No, semi geordie. Moved to Newc 7 years ago for uni and ended up staying. my accents all over the place (i think eeeeeeee is my worst habbit)
aye
Old Jul 17th 2009, 2:31 pm
Forum Regular

aye
lol, Aye, thats another one.

are you a geordie?? do you live in Al Ain?? i'l be moving next month.
Old Jul 17th 2009, 2:37 pm
Concierge

lol, Aye, thats another one.

are you a geordie?? do you live in Al Ain?? i'l be moving next month.
yeah I am from South Shields, I am in Dubai though. Al Ain is great you will love it.
Old Jul 18th 2009, 5:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Timmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to all

wow, thanks for that..., I'm a short walk away from Harbour and never thought to go in there.
Old Jul 18th 2009, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

wow, thanks for that..., I'm a short walk away from Harbour and never thought to go in there.
No probs, hope you enjoy it.

My dad lives in MAG214 jumeira lakes towers. Not far either once that metro bridge gets opened. So much hassel getting a taxi to just take you over SZR lol.

Have fun
Old Jul 18th 2009, 9:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

No probs, hope you enjoy it.

My dad lives in MAG214 jumeira lakes towers. Not far either once that metro bridge gets opened. So much hassel getting a taxi to just take you over SZR lol.

Have fun

Ahh, does that mean you can walk from the Montgomery to Dubai Mall?
Old Jul 19th 2009, 9:02 am
Forum Regular

Ahh, does that mean you can walk from the Montgomery to Dubai Mall?
Dont know what the Montgomery is! lol

But you can walk from harbour hotel all the way around to marina mall - and once the metro walk over finished you can get over the the lakes towers.
Old Jul 19th 2009, 1:45 pm
Concierge

Dont know what the Montgomery is! lol

But you can walk from harbour hotel all the way around to marina mall - and once the metro walk over finished you can get over the the lakes towers.
it's a golf club
Old Jul 19th 2009, 2:46 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

it's a golf club
What, like a sand wedge?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.