Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

medical system UAE

medical system UAE

Old Sep 20th 2008, 2:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: medical system UAE

I'm currently at the paed ward in al noor. There is a really great SA consultant.

I would recommend
Old Sep 20th 2008, 5:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

oh not another mishap with the stairs i hope? and i suppose because its a private hospital you can obviously get internet there too.
Old Sep 20th 2008, 5:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Blackberry honey blackberry.
Old Sep 20th 2008, 6:00 pm
Forum Regular

alexalexa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by busybee2
no think its ok, but a lot of plans will have exclusions etc they are much the same.
do you know if i can go to any doctor or only to public ones?
Old Sep 21st 2008, 2:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

it depends on what it says in your health provider book, you can go anywhere if you are going to pay at any of the private places, government hospitals are different.
Old Sep 21st 2008, 5:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Squirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond repute

it depends on what it says in your health provider book, you can go anywhere if you are going to pay at any of the private places, government hospitals are different.

Some of the SKMC government primary care clinics are open to non-nationals and if you have Daman or a Govt health card you can use them - the SKMC clinics and hospital are managed by Cleveland Clinic from the US. (google them and you will probably find out which clinics you can use for GP services).

You may find that if you use a provider outside your insurance network that you will need to pay the doctor's fees and then claim the amount back - (receipts, signatures, etc very important). If you use a provider from your insurer's network you usually pay the basic fee as negotiated.

Apparently Dr Moopen's Group of clinics (you would need to google) is very good - he has clinics in Abu Dhabi, and Lifeline Hospital is also supposed to be good. My family and I use Sheikh Khalifa Medical City hospital (SKMC) for emergencies and Al Bateen and Al Khaleej Clinics which are part of Abu Dhabi Health Authority and the SKMC group, they are excellent. For obs and gynae The Corniche Hospital is excellent. Have to agree with Busy Bee that the French ortho consultant at Al Noor was excellent, I had back surgery and he looked after me very well. I didn't know he had passed away, how sad.

I hope all the advice you are getting is putting your mind at rest.
Old Sep 21st 2008, 5:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SQ must be working on academic years, just re-read my post and i put down about Serjourne passing last year, it was this year just before the summer.
Old Sep 21st 2008, 7:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Squirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond repute

SQ must be working on academic years, just re-read my post and i put down about Serjourne passing last year, it was this year just before the summer.
He was a lovely man, what a loss. He did a great job on my back and gave me lots of very good advice and guidance. I'm sure many of his former patients will remember him with appreciation for his excellent medical care. Wasn't his wife an obstetrician at Al Noor?
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 3:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

no she was at gdc, but obviously she has left the country here.
Old Sep 24th 2008, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

n1na is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by alexalexa
yes daman, international plan. is that bad?

Hi alexalexa..We also have Daman, just wondering do you have Al Noor or GDC on your list?
Old Sep 24th 2008, 10:41 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by n1na
Hi alexalexa..We also have Daman, just wondering do you have Al Noor or GDC on your list?
on which list? what is al noor and gdc? are you happy with daman? which health plan do you have? (global, international..)
Old Sep 24th 2008, 12:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

gdc is gulf diagnostic centre and al noor is private hospital they are the most popular places here but not the cheapest so some health cover will not necesarrily include it
Old Sep 24th 2008, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

gdc is gulf diagnostic centre and al noor is private hospital they are the most popular places here but not the cheapest so some health cover will not necesarrily include it
thanks for the info. i looked them up and they both seem to be in abu dhabi. are there any good medical centers in dubai?
Old Sep 24th 2008, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

n1na is an unknown quantity at this point

this is a list of hospital (which was together with his insurance card) which you can use. I think we have international insurance...but want my husband to check how to upgrade it so we can use al Noor and GDC (currently it is not on our list only Al Ahlia, Al salama and New medical centre)
Old Sep 24th 2008, 5:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

new medical centre is good

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.