Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

The ME Good Food Guide

The ME Good Food Guide

Old Jul 25th 2005, 9:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The ME Good Food Guide

Originally Posted by Nieuwsgierig_aagje
Are you dead serious?
Or is this a joke?
Dead Serious.
Old Jul 25th 2005, 9:50 am
Just Joined

Nieuwsgierig_aagje has a brilliant futureNieuwsgierig_aagje has a brilliant futureNieuwsgierig_aagje has a brilliant futureNieuwsgierig_aagje has a brilliant futureNieuwsgierig_aagje has a brilliant futureNieuwsgierig_aagje has a brilliant futureNieuwsgierig_aagje has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by kelvynd
Dead Serious.
Old Jul 25th 2005, 9:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nieuwsgierig_aagje
I took one bite....then for some reason glanced at the burger and there he was...poor little blighter crawling on the lettuce and heading for the mayo!

At the end of the day - probably would have been healthier to eat it - caterpillar and all.

The staff were most apologetic.
Old Jul 25th 2005, 10:50 am
W10

Originally Posted by kelvynd
I took one bite....then for some reason glanced at the burger and there he was...poor little blighter crawling on the lettuce and heading for the mayo!

At the end of the day - probably would have been healthier to eat it - caterpillar and all.

The staff were most apologetic.
And the caterpillar? Did he/she express any remorse?

Only had one truly good meal out since I arrived. That was at Carnevale at JBH.

Helped by good company, a decent (but massively overpriced) chianti and the fact they had authentic prosciuto.

Old Jul 25th 2005, 11:11 am
W10

Ratings please.

Have heard good and bad things about it which makes me apprehensive. Especially as I have eaten a few times in the GR restaurant in Chelsea and it was the most mind blowing culinary experience of my short life.

Old Jul 25th 2005, 11:15 am
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute

Rich Bar Steward!!
Originally Posted by W10
I have eaten a few times in the GR restaurant in Chelsea and it was the most mind blowing culinary experience of my short life.
Old Jul 25th 2005, 11:19 am
W10

Originally Posted by MJC
Rich Bar Steward!!
Or as the case was

1x set lunch menu (75 quid a head)

2x Friends with corporate credit cards

Old Jul 25th 2005, 11:29 am
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, corporate creditcards, I used to love them!!
Originally Posted by W10
Or as the case was

1x set lunch menu (75 quid a head)

2x Friends with corporate credit cards
Old Jul 25th 2005, 11:44 am
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=W10]And the caterpillar? Did he/she express any remorse?

QUOTE]

No he/she did not. He/she simply told me to sod off and get my own burger.
Old Jul 28th 2005, 1:41 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Autonomy
It's 288 dhs per person for Friday Brunch (inc. bubbly though) :scared:
guess it depends on what u eat. lol

i was quite stuffed with my AED 85 appetiser and my AED 65 main course....

maybe you were over charged?
Old Jul 28th 2005, 1:45 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

[QUOTE=kelvynd]
Originally Posted by W10
And the caterpillar? Did he/she express any remorse?

QUOTE]

No he/she did not. He/she simply told me to sod off and get my own burger.
was that in english or arabic?
Old Jul 28th 2005, 2:07 pm
Restless soul

Happiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by shiva
OK folks saying as we all eat out too much, how about we put our expertise to good use.

The ME Good Food Guide.

Five stars is very good
One star is a straight case of Dehli Belly

How about we mark for:
Food quality
Value for Money
Service
Ambience

I'll add a couple of reviews tommorrow but feel free to get the ball rolling.
WAGAMAMAS:I know it's not Middle Eastern cuisine and they do have branches in London. But the food is amazing, fresh and organic. It's in the Crown Plaza SZR.

Food Quality: 5
Value for Money: 3.5
Service: 5
Ambience:5 (depending on your scene..I wouldn't recommend for a romantic date, but great with the mates)