Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Married abroad and getting your certificate Attested!

Married abroad and getting your certificate Attested!

Old Apr 29th 2008, 9:45 am
BE Enthusiast

MrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond repute
Default Married abroad and getting your certificate Attested!

Im having a nightmare and i am seriously close to tears!!

I got married in Cyprus last year, i need the certificate attested! Obviously the British Embassy wont sign off on it so i contact the Cypriot Consulate who told me i need to send my Marriage Certificate to Cyprus for them to write a fricken letter to say it is real!!!! THEN send it back to them and they will legalise it.... surely they can access the fricken Ministry of justice and public order who will tell them it is a real fricken certificate!

I leave in 4 weeks and dont physically have the time to get all this done before i go!
Old Apr 29th 2008, 10:03 am
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Married abroad and getting your certificate Attested!

Yes pretty sure this is correct. Can you not Fed Ex the documents and agree to pay for it to be Fed Ex'd back - that might speed things up a bit - or other option is to fly to Cyprus and have it done.
Old Apr 29th 2008, 10:23 am
BE Enthusiast

MrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fairydust
Yes pretty sure this is correct. Can you not Fed Ex the documents and agree to pay for it to be Fed Ex'd back - that might speed things up a bit - or other option is to fly to Cyprus and have it done.
But surely this was all done at the time of getting married! We went to the court/town hall, we had everything signed off to enable us to get married!

Fed ex was what i was thinking about but after contacting the ministry they said the fed-ex guy would have to wait for it to be stamped and then return it!

Im sick at sh!t!
Old Apr 29th 2008, 10:26 am
Account Closed

Emerald_Eyes is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MrsHaps
But surely this was all done at the time of getting married! We went to the court/town hall, we had everything signed off to enable us to get married!

Fed ex was what i was thinking about but after contacting the ministry they said the fed-ex guy would have to wait for it to be stamped and then return it!

Im sick at sh!t!
That shouldn't be a problem right? It's just a standard "wait and return" courier job. Fedex should be able to organise it without any problems. Good luck!
Old Apr 29th 2008, 10:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Im sick at sh!t!
you could always just get a budget flight to Cyprus once you are over here.
Old Apr 29th 2008, 10:39 am
BE Forum Addict

jvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
funnily enough i've just been looking at those... around AED 2k on Jazeera.
Old Apr 29th 2008, 10:39 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
The delay shouldn't affect your travel/moving plans as they will let you into Dubai anyway, so no need to worry...just sort it out when you get here. If it helps I have a business colleague who lives in Paphos and is flying to Dubai end of May.
Old Apr 29th 2008, 10:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lionheart
The delay shouldn't affect your travel/moving plans as they will let you into Dubai anyway, so no need to worry...just sort it out when you get here. If it helps I have a business colleague who lives in Paphos and is flying to Dubai end of May.
Thanks for all your replys, i am starting to chill out a bit more now! I have managed to get this arranged and it should all be sorted next week!

God i cant wait to get over there!
Old Apr 29th 2008, 11:26 am
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

God i cant wait to get over there!
Thats when the real headaches will begin