Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Majduleen Gardens & Alfardan 3

Majduleen Gardens & Alfardan 3

Old May 13th 2013, 8:28 am
Just Joined

Bromleyboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Majduleen Gardens & Alfardan 3

Have any of you guys lived in either of these compounds?

If so, how did you find it? Do they maintain it well? Does it have a good atmosphere/ feeling? Good points/ bad points? Or anything else you think is relevant....

As you can probably tell, I'm property hunting and being shown around a compound for 15 minutes doesn't really give me much of an idea of what its actually like to live there- I'd really appreciate any first hand advise on these places...

Thanks
Graham
Old May 13th 2013, 9:19 am
Living the dream

abbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to all
Default Re: Majduleen Gardens & Alfardan 3

I am in Alfardan 3.
Its a good compund and maintenance is well up to standard.
Villas are well presented and maintained but overall its a good few years old now. Nice pool and gym and the people are generally friendly.
Its centrally located in Abu Hamour with the new Dar Al Salam mall very close and loads of fast food and a small supermarket at the petrol station next door. I would recommend it
Old May 14th 2013, 9:03 am
BE Enthusiast

MaserMan is an unknown quantity at this point

One word of warning is that any time I have been in that area the traffic has been horrendous. I know somebody who lives on Diamond compound and they are moving because of the traffic problems in the morning and night.
Old May 14th 2013, 10:27 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MaserMan
One word of warning is that any time I have been in that area the traffic has been horrendous. I know somebody who lives on Diamond compound and they are moving because of the traffic problems in the morning and night.
There's traffic all over Doha mate , you can't escape it . The traffic is part and parcel of everywhere you live when you're in a city that's undertaking massive infrastructure works in The Gulf.

Dubai was ten times as worse than Doha will ever be with traffic . Once that intersection is finished at Qatar Decoration it will be miles better . Abu Hammour is a good location as you can pick up the D road out to West Bay plus you're 10mins from The Villagio and you''re 20 mins from the airport .

I live 10 mins from there and it was pot luck when i took my villa but i wouldn't move now from the Al Waab / Abu Hammour area , well only if someone doubled my housing allowance that is.

Traffic will only get worse over the next 5 years , if it's not dug up yet there's a good chance it will be soon .
Old May 14th 2013, 11:29 am
BE Enthusiast

MaserMan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by co durham boy
There's traffic all over Doha mate , you can't escape it . The traffic is part and parcel of everywhere you live when you're in a city that's undertaking massive infrastructure works in The Gulf.

Dubai was ten times as worse than Doha will ever be with traffic . Once that intersection is finished at Qatar Decoration it will be miles better . Abu Hammour is a good location as you can pick up the D road out to West Bay plus you're 10mins from The Villagio and you''re 20 mins from the airport .

I live 10 mins from there and it was pot luck when i took my villa but i wouldn't move now from the Al Waab / Abu Hammour area , well only if someone doubled my housing allowance that is.

Traffic will only get worse over the next 5 years , if it's not dug up yet there's a good chance it will be soon .
Very true about the traffic, it just seemed to be really bad when I have been there. Did look at a couple of places in the Abu Hammour area, but too many roundabouts