Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

mail forwarding service

mail forwarding service

Old Jul 31st 2008, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

n1na is an unknown quantity at this point
Default mail forwarding service

did someone use this service? We are moving to AD and want to keep our mail in UK (not to be sent to UAE). We dont have relatives (and dont want to bother our friends) in UK. So, those companies give you adress in UK where you will get your mail and then send it to you anywhere in the world. The quiestion is how reliable is it???
Old Jul 31st 2008, 9:04 am
It's what the eye see's..

Dutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud of
Default Re: mail forwarding service

Originally Posted by n1na
did someone use this service? We are moving to AD and want to keep our mail in UK (not to be sent to UAE). We dont have relatives (and dont want to bother our friends) in UK. So, those companies give you adress in UK where you will get your mail and then send it to you anywhere in the world. The quiestion is how reliable is it???
Hi,

I'm not a UK national, but I have for business purposes a P.O.Box number in London. I pay for the forwarding services if needed, depends on where they have to forward it to on planet earth. I can't complain about the service they offer me, it's discretely handled . I'm charged on my credit card account once every three months. But don't know if all P.O.Box offices offer that service to be honest.

Dutchie
Old Jul 31st 2008, 12:45 pm

still.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to behold

try these folks... www.britishmonomarks.co.uk

i use them currently and they do a quick and efficient job.
Old Jul 31st 2008, 1:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Border Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond repute

You could try Aramex "shop and ship" and "Ushopweship". The trouble with the former is you have to be in to accept (and pay for delivery) but I've tried it and it is quite efficient. The latter you can pay for delivery with a credit card so you don't need to be in- I haven't tried them.
Old Jul 31st 2008, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dutchie
Hi,

I'm not a UK national, but I have for business purposes a P.O.Box number in London. I pay for the forwarding services if needed, depends on where they have to forward it to on planet earth. I can't complain about the service they offer me, it's discretely handled . I'm charged on my credit card account once every three months. But don't know if all P.O.Box offices offer that service to be honest.

Dutchie

Thanks for the info....Do you pay for the forwarding service to the post office?
Old Jul 31st 2008, 8:26 pm
Forum Regular

How those companies handel "special delivery" mail, are they able to take it and then send it to me?
Old Aug 1st 2008, 4:47 am

Dutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by n1na
Thanks for the info....Do you pay for the forwarding service to the post office?
Hi,

Yes, I'm invoiced by London P.O.Box services directly, but invoiced for it by them every three months. They charge it to my credit card directly. Or if there's a lot of mail to be forwarded once a month. There's a maximum amount that then triggers the invoicing. Mine is 20 Pounds UK.

Dutchie
Old Aug 1st 2008, 6:28 am

Originally Posted by Dutchie
Hi,

Dutchie
P.S. And I can specify the forwarding delay time. 24/48/72 or even longer. Forwarding within 24 hours is the most expensive. I opted for forwarding after 48 hours as most is business related correspondence.