British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   mail forwarding service (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/mail-forwarding-service-552342/)

n1na Jul 31st 2008 8:57 am

mail forwarding service

did someone use this service? We are moving to AD and want to keep our mail in UK (not to be sent to UAE). We dont have relatives (and dont want to bother our friends) in UK. So, those companies give you adress in UK where you will get your mail and then send it to you anywhere in the world. The quiestion is how reliable is it???

Dutchie Jul 31st 2008 9:04 am

Re: mail forwarding service

Originally Posted by n1na (Post 6631116)
did someone use this service? We are moving to AD and want to keep our mail in UK (not to be sent to UAE). We dont have relatives (and dont want to bother our friends) in UK. So, those companies give you adress in UK where you will get your mail and then send it to you anywhere in the world. The quiestion is how reliable is it???

Hi,

I'm not a UK national, but I have for business purposes a P.O.Box number in London. I pay for the forwarding services if needed, depends on where they have to forward it to on planet earth. I can't complain about the service they offer me, it's discretely handled . I'm charged on my credit card account once every three months. But don't know if all P.O.Box offices offer that service to be honest.

Dutchie

still.unsure Jul 31st 2008 12:45 pm

try these folks... www.britishmonomarks.co.uk

i use them currently and they do a quick and efficient job.

Border Reiver Jul 31st 2008 1:02 pm

You could try Aramex "shop and ship" and "Ushopweship". The trouble with the former is you have to be in to accept (and pay for delivery) but I've tried it and it is quite efficient. The latter you can pay for delivery with a credit card so you don't need to be in- I haven't tried them.

n1na Jul 31st 2008 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by Dutchie (Post 6631130)
Hi,

I'm not a UK national, but I have for business purposes a P.O.Box number in London. I pay for the forwarding services if needed, depends on where they have to forward it to on planet earth. I can't complain about the service they offer me, it's discretely handled . I'm charged on my credit card account once every three months. But don't know if all P.O.Box offices offer that service to be honest.

Dutchie

Thanks for the info....Do you pay for the forwarding service to the post office?

n1na Jul 31st 2008 8:26 pm

How those companies handel "special delivery" mail, are they able to take it and then send it to me?

Dutchie Aug 1st 2008 4:47 am

Originally Posted by n1na (Post 6633185)
Thanks for the info....Do you pay for the forwarding service to the post office?

Hi,

Yes, I'm invoiced by London P.O.Box services directly, but invoiced for it by them every three months. They charge it to my credit card directly. Or if there's a lot of mail to be forwarded once a month. There's a maximum amount that then triggers the invoicing. Mine is 20 Pounds UK.

Dutchie

Dutchie Aug 1st 2008 6:28 am

Originally Posted by Dutchie (Post 6631130)
Hi,

Dutchie

P.S. And I can specify the forwarding delay time. 24/48/72 or even longer. Forwarding within 24 hours is the most expensive. I opted for forwarding after 48 hours as most is business related correspondence.