Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Maids Visa renewal - Dubai

Maids Visa renewal - Dubai

Old Jul 29th 2010, 7:24 am
Just Joined

dewsbury_lad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Maids Visa renewal - Dubai

My maid's Visa is due for renewal in the next week or so. The renewal process doesn't sound too taxing according to the Govt website.

Does anybody know of any potential pitfalls I should look out for? She's already being sponsored by me so I just need to renew for one more year.

Also, does anybody know, if we were to leave Dubai before her next Visa expires do/can we attain a refund on the money paid? What happens when transferring a Visa to a different sponsor when it hasn't expired?
Old Jul 29th 2010, 10:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Maids Visa renewal - Dubai

Originally Posted by dewsbury_lad
My maid's Visa is due for renewal in the next week or so. The renewal process doesn't sound too taxing according to the Govt website.

Does anybody know of any potential pitfalls I should look out for? She's already being sponsored by me so I just need to renew for one more year.

Also, does anybody know, if we were to leave Dubai before her next Visa expires do/can we attain a refund on the money paid? What happens when transferring a Visa to a different sponsor when it hasn't expired?

It used to be a piece of cake, but haven't had one for 7 years!!!!!

Don't be silly!!!! No one refunds anything especially Govt. That is gone!
Old Jul 29th 2010, 11:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Millsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond repute

My maid's visa is up for renewal next month which I was hoping to then renew (in Abu Dhabi).

However, some idiot's offered her more money to work for them so she wants to transfer (they'll soon realise that whilst she's good with kids, her cleaning quality and general proactivity are pretty poor).

Anyone know what to do about the visa? Ideally I don't want a trip to Immigration, particularly as it's likely to be during Ramadan, but I expect I'll need to go there at some point.

Oh, and I agree with the initial response to the OP - there's a cat in hell's chance you'll get any sort of refund on any unexpired visa period. In terms of renewal, I suspect it's similar to getting the visa in the first place - medical, insurance card, typing shop, Immigration.

Good luck!
Old Jul 29th 2010, 11:44 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

get your wife to ask on expat Woman...they will have all the answers to slaves..
Old Jul 29th 2010, 11:46 am
Just Joined

dewsbury_lad is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by commander
get your wife to ask on expat Woman...they will have all the answers to slaves..
Thanks Commander - blunt but true.............
Old Jul 29th 2010, 12:06 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Commander - blunt but true.............
yup, but i guarentee the witches of EW'ick will have the answer..
Old Jul 29th 2010, 3:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

renewing is easy. get your maid to go to the typing office, get the forms, get her to go for the medical, get her to do all the running around,give her about 5500dhs to pay for everything, then take her to immigration with..... a copy of and her actual passport, copy of your passport, your tenancy agreement, copy of your passport with visa page, a stamped salary certificate from your sponsor and some more money......sit and wait for about 20mins and it is done.,, word of advise....go to the immigration office at the back of the DNATA building on SZR..no Q's, nice people and tea and chocolates in the waiting area LOl
Old Jul 29th 2010, 7:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
renewing is easy. get your maid to go to the typing office, get the forms, get her to go for the medical, get her to do all the running around,give her about 5500dhs to pay for everything, then take her to immigration with..... a copy of and her actual passport, copy of your passport, your tenancy agreement, copy of your passport with visa page, a stamped salary certificate from your sponsor and some more money......sit and wait for about 20mins and it is done.,, word of advise....go to the immigration office at the back of the DNATA building on SZR..no Q's, nice people and tea and chocolates in the waiting area LOl
Did you manage to ask your mate about my problem?