British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Maids Visa renewal - Dubai (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/maids-visa-renewal-dubai-678825/)

dewsbury_lad Jul 28th 2010 7:24 pm

Maids Visa renewal - Dubai

My maid's Visa is due for renewal in the next week or so. The renewal process doesn't sound too taxing according to the Govt website.

Does anybody know of any potential pitfalls I should look out for? She's already being sponsored by me so I just need to renew for one more year.

Also, does anybody know, if we were to leave Dubai before her next Visa expires do/can we attain a refund on the money paid? What happens when transferring a Visa to a different sponsor when it hasn't expired?

Jim Smith Jul 28th 2010 10:13 pm

Re: Maids Visa renewal - Dubai

Originally Posted by dewsbury_lad (Post 8736872)
My maid's Visa is due for renewal in the next week or so. The renewal process doesn't sound too taxing according to the Govt website.

Does anybody know of any potential pitfalls I should look out for? She's already being sponsored by me so I just need to renew for one more year.

Also, does anybody know, if we were to leave Dubai before her next Visa expires do/can we attain a refund on the money paid? What happens when transferring a Visa to a different sponsor when it hasn't expired?

It used to be a piece of cake, but haven't had one for 7 years!!!!!

Don't be silly!!!! No one refunds anything especially Govt. That is gone!

Millsyisland Jul 28th 2010 11:12 pm

My maid's visa is up for renewal next month which I was hoping to then renew (in Abu Dhabi).

However, some idiot's offered her more money to work for them so she wants to transfer (they'll soon realise that whilst she's good with kids, her cleaning quality and general proactivity are pretty poor).

Anyone know what to do about the visa? Ideally I don't want a trip to Immigration, particularly as it's likely to be during Ramadan, but I expect I'll need to go there at some point.

Oh, and I agree with the initial response to the OP - there's a cat in hell's chance you'll get any sort of refund on any unexpired visa period. In terms of renewal, I suspect it's similar to getting the visa in the first place - medical, insurance card, typing shop, Immigration.

Good luck!

commander Jul 28th 2010 11:44 pm

get your wife to ask on expat Woman...they will have all the answers to slaves..

dewsbury_lad Jul 28th 2010 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by commander (Post 8737399)
get your wife to ask on expat Woman...they will have all the answers to slaves..

Thanks Commander - blunt but true.............

commander Jul 29th 2010 12:06 am

Originally Posted by dewsbury_lad (Post 8737407)
Thanks Commander - blunt but true.............

yup, but i guarentee the witches of EW'ick will have the answer..

Patsy Stoned Jul 29th 2010 3:04 am

Originally Posted by dewsbury_lad (Post 8736872)

renewing is easy. get your maid to go to the typing office, get the forms, get her to go for the medical, get her to do all the running around,give her about 5500dhs to pay for everything, then take her to immigration with..... a copy of and her actual passport, copy of your passport, your tenancy agreement, copy of your passport with visa page, a stamped salary certificate from your sponsor and some more money......sit and wait for about 20mins and it is done.,, word of advise....go to the immigration office at the back of the DNATA building on SZR..no Q's, nice people and tea and chocolates in the waiting area LOl

Millhouse Jul 29th 2010 7:37 am

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned (Post 8737933)
renewing is easy. get your maid to go to the typing office, get the forms, get her to go for the medical, get her to do all the running around,give her about 5500dhs to pay for everything, then take her to immigration with..... a copy of and her actual passport, copy of your passport, your tenancy agreement, copy of your passport with visa page, a stamped salary certificate from your sponsor and some more money......sit and wait for about 20mins and it is done.,, word of advise....go to the immigration office at the back of the DNATA building on SZR..no Q's, nice people and tea and chocolates in the waiting area LOl

Did you manage to ask your mate about my problem? :eek: