Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Maid/cleaning services

Maid/cleaning services

Old Apr 4th 2007, 7:52 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Maid/cleaning services

Originally Posted by Lexylou
ah your a posting whore and I love you for it. Me too... I just don't type as fast as you do...
I am ex NHS! clinics of over 100 every day, letters for all, a twat of a consultant who blabbed like shite but I loved him. when I came out here and went for a typing test I broke all the records for speed typing.
Old Apr 11th 2007, 5:47 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

ok,

Reading back on this thread, my most hypocritical post to date coming up:

Where can i get a trustworthy maid for about 3 days a week (2 hours ish per day)

Disclaimer:

1. My wife works long hours (10h+per day)
2. I work around the same
3. Our wee dog has black hair
4. Our tiles are white
5. I came home last night and spent 2 hours cleaning.
6. I am a lazy bugger
7. Kwality (with a capital K) husband and wife time should not be arguing over what floor in the villa to mop first. Although it has highlighted to me my wifes superb capability with a feather duster

this is a serious request. But i will talk to my maid and sometimes even allow her to help herself to water, but only between the hours of 12-2pm in the months of June/July and August. I shall engineer a straw mechanism that allows her to have 4 gulps per hour from the comfort of her cleaning cupboard
Old Apr 11th 2007, 5:52 am
Pog mo thoin

Miss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
ok,

Reading back on this thread, my most hypocritical post to date coming up:

Where can i get a trustworthy maid for about 3 days a week (2 hours ish per day)

Disclaimer:

1. My wife works long hours (10h+per day)
2. I work around the same
3. Our wee dog has black hair
4. Our tiles are white
5. I came home last night and spent 2 hours cleaning.
6. I am a lazy bugger
7. Kwality (with a capital K) husband and wife time should not be arguing over what floor in the villa to mop first. Although it has highlighted to me my wifes superb capability with a feather duster

this is a serious request. But i will talk to my maid and sometimes even allow her to help herself to water, but only between the hours of 12-2pm in the months of June/July and August. I shall engineer a straw mechanism that allows her to have 4 gulps per hour from the comfort of her cleaning cupboard
Excellent ... I think you deserve a maid.

Not sure where you would get one. The last one that I called would only do a min of 4 hrs per session - which really takes the pee. Hopefully someone one here can point you in the right direction.
Old Apr 11th 2007, 5:53 am
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

Best using one of the agencies or run the risk of picking up a huge fine for employing an illegal
Old Apr 11th 2007, 5:56 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fairydust
Best using one of the agencies or run the risk of picking up a huge fine for employing an illegal
thanks, i was thinking that, what are the best most reputable agencies thou??

Surely there are a load of maid utilisers on this forum??
Old Apr 11th 2007, 8:06 am
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

Do a search on expatwoman.com. We've got a live-in so can't help with names and numbers

http://www.expatwoman.com/vbulletin/...threadid=26505

Last edited by Fairydust; Apr 11th 2007 at 8:10 am.
Old Apr 11th 2007, 8:13 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
thanks, i was thinking that, what are the best most reputable agencies thou??

Surely there are a load of maid utilisers on this forum??
As mentioned before, we keep our house slave on a length of rope to ensure she does not escape and alert the authorities to her illegal status.

You can buy this from Ace hardware (or use a few tow-ropes linked together) and an dog collar can be bought from the pet store on SZR.

rgds
JD
Old Apr 11th 2007, 8:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Lexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
As mentioned before, we keep our house slave on a length of rope to ensure she does not escape and alert the authorities to her illegal status.

You can buy this from Ace hardware (or use a few tow-ropes linked together) and an dog collar can be bought from the pet store on SZR.

rgds
JD
Is the dog collar for you JD? I can just see you now being led around the room, barking on command. Woof
Old Apr 11th 2007, 8:21 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Is the dog collar for you JD? I can just see you now being led around the room, barking on command. Woof
Nope, but I have been dragged around Waxy O'conners in my underpants by a dog collar and lead before.............dont ask

Last edited by Jammy_Dodgers; Apr 11th 2007 at 8:21 am. Reason: spelin mistaik
Old Apr 11th 2007, 8:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Lexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond repute

Nope, but I have been dragged around Waxy O'conners in my underpants by a dog collar and lead before.............dont ask
the things people will do to get their kicks....! ( you can send the pictures to me if you like)
Old Apr 11th 2007, 8:26 am
Up in the air

the things people will do to get their kicks....! ( you can send the pictures to me if you like)
The things people do after a fair few sambuca's!

Pictures have been destroyed...sorry
Old Apr 11th 2007, 8:28 am
BE Forum Addict

The things people do after a fair few sambuca's!

Pictures have been destroyed...sorry
really? So who is that on the photo that has just been sent to me by another member then? Certainly looks like you?!!
Old Apr 11th 2007, 8:31 am
Up in the air

really? So who is that on the photo that has just been sent to me by another member then? Certainly looks like you?!!
It's my evil twin.....causes me nothing but hassle that guy!

Hows your sis getting on in Dubai???
Old Apr 11th 2007, 8:35 am
BE Forum Addict

It's my evil twin.....causes me nothing but hassle that guy!

Hows your sis getting on in Dubai???

She has not arrived yet. Arrives Thursday I think.... Am very jealous. I am desperate for a holiday...... am planning on coming over end of the summer with my daughter for a week or so but could do with it now.
Old Apr 11th 2007, 8:40 am
Up in the air

She has not arrived yet. Arrives Thursday I think.... Am very jealous. I am desperate for a holiday...... am planning on coming over end of the summer with my daughter for a week or so but could do with it now.
She is not on the Virgin flight tonight is she ?? (arriving Thurs 06:55)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.