Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Lookin for salsa places in jeddah

Lookin for salsa places in jeddah

Old Nov 20th 2008, 10:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Squirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lookin for salsa places in jeddah

Originally Posted by lionheart
Look at the top of the page where it says Wiki Links. You may be in for a horrid shock.
http://britishexpats.com/wiki/The_Ul...to_Saudi_Life_
Old Nov 20th 2008, 12:17 pm
Just Joined

gills-here is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you so much for the link......it is so nice when people will take their time in telling you about the place. I have done lots of research myself on life out there as a women but it is nice to hear from someone who is really living the life there. Thanks again and I am really looking forward to hopfully my new experince in Jeddah
Old Nov 22nd 2008, 5:09 am
Just Joined

Jeddahz Latin Soul is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nottmbantam
I've been here in Jeddah for just over two months now, and haven't heard or come across any salsa clubs, that are open to the public. The only ones I have seen are ones which are advertised to residents of compounds only, and so are 'internal' events - which then of course will be restricted , but once there, it should be a good mix of people.

I'm going to a night out at the British Consulate tonight, so will ask a few people if there is anything, and will report back my findings!

Apparently, ther are a few raves going off, which tend to arranged at the last minute and are done secretly, so that depends on getting 'in with the right crowd'.

Failing all of that - get your self down to the new Virgin shop ( Thalia St ) and buy some salsa music.
hey,
can you tell me which compounds are doing such activity?
i mean salsa and latin dancing?
Old Nov 22nd 2008, 7:32 am
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jeddahz Latin Soul
hey,
can you tell me which compounds are doing such activity?
i mean salsa and latin dancing?
Sorry, I think I was typing something different to what I was thinking. PArt of me being on the ASD scale somewhere....

What I meant to say, is that the Latin / salsa dance 'type of activity' would be something organised by compounds for its residents. My compound doesn't do it, but then my previous compound did have something like that ( albeit in Riyadh ). I'm sure there will be something around at one the compounds in Jeddah. If I come across anything, I'll let you know.