Reload this Page >

Living and Working in Bahrain

Living and Working in Bahrain

Old Jun 8th 2013, 6:21 pm
Just Joined

olaz75 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Living and Working in Bahrain

Hi,

I have couple of questions about living and working in Bahrain.

I gather from a cab man earlier that British Expats tend to live in Manama as its pretty central - is this the best place for British expats?

If so,

What is the average rate for a 2 bed apartment?
What is the average rate for a 3 bed apartment?

Are the rates inclusive of bills or exclusive?

Appreciate your response or details of a british expat agent that could help?

Olaz
Old Jun 8th 2013, 6:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

sicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Living and Working in Bahrain

try some of these ads http://www.expatriates.com/classifie...singavailable/
Old Jun 8th 2013, 7:42 pm
Just Joined

olaz75 is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks
Old Jun 9th 2013, 4:54 am
UK

RJB123 is an unknown quantity at this point

British expats live in various areas. If you are out here on your own then my recommendation would be Adliya or Mahooz as both give you easy access to good licenced restaurants. If you have family then you might want to consider a villa on a compound but need to keep away from the problem areas. Somewhere like Hamala would be good. Amwaj is also worth a look as it offers it's own unique lifestyle and is a long way away from any problems.

In general if you rent an apartment electricity and municipality bills are included within the rent. For villas then the norm is for them to be on top of the rent but you can find exceptions to this.

Good luck.
Old Jun 10th 2013, 5:57 am
Forum Regular

boroboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Bahrain is a small island so you are never too far away from work, saying that traffic can be quite bad so it can take a long time at certain times. I live in Juffair and pay 800 bds for a fully furnished three bedroom apartment. Juffair is like marmite you either love it or hate it. Most young people like Juffair as there are bars and nightclubs. Close to there is Adilya, Mahooz and Um al Hassan. They have more villas and are nice areas. If you want to pretend you are not really in Bahrain then most people move to Amwaj Islands. Personally I hate it and Tala Island is like a posh council estate. I would say in a nice area you can find a 2 bedroom fully furnished appartemnt from 500 bds and a three bedroom one for 800Bds. The best website to give you a rough idea is http://www.bahrainpropertyworld.com/ you can also amuse yourself at had bad some of the property photos on this website are.
Old Jun 10th 2013, 11:24 pm
Forum Regular

Work Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really nice

Have you any information regarding living on Reef Island (formerly known as Lulu Island)?

Is it a popular option for western expats? How long before it's completed?

We were considering compound living near the causeway but now rethinking and considering apartment living. My husband seems to think I'd be happier nearer the shopping malls. Our children will not be living with us but will visit.

How does the social life in a complex as large as Reef Island compare to that of a compound villa?