Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Meeting new mates in Doha, anyone?

Meeting new mates in Doha, anyone?

Old Apr 27th 2013, 10:48 am
Just Joined

Bromleyboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Meeting new mates in Doha, anyone?

Landed in Doha a month ago to work for a few years and I'm finding it a little bit tricky to meet people outside of work...

I know this forum isn't specifically for meeting people but I'm bored, so here goes... !

About me... I love travel and have done loads of back packing in the past, try and get to the gym a few times a week, like going tithe movies and hanging out beside the pool of whatever hotel I can sneak in to. In to photography. Used to do a fair bit scuba diving and hopefully I can get that going again soon. Enjoy and going out for drinks and having a few jars. Im From just outside London, easy going and i get a long with a broad ranges of ages....

Looking for like minded people to hang out with... Strictly platonic... Give a me a shout (private message) if you're up for meeting.

Cheers
Graham

Last edited by Bromleyboy; Apr 27th 2013 at 11:08 am.
Old Apr 27th 2013, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

boyfrombangor has a brilliant futureboyfrombangor has a brilliant futureboyfrombangor has a brilliant futureboyfrombangor has a brilliant futureboyfrombangor has a brilliant futureboyfrombangor has a brilliant future
Default Re: Meeting new mates in Doha, anyone?

Snap, I'm languishing in Ezdan Hotel at the moment between commutes to the Industrial Area. If you even want someone to grab (lateish) dinner with, I'm in.

But the rules of this forum are you have to show us a pic of yourself first, to let us see what a stand up guy you are. Here's mine: http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ll...pkeuo1_500.png
Old Apr 27th 2013, 4:07 pm
Just Joined

Bromleyboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Just Sent you a PM...
Old Apr 28th 2013, 2:50 pm
Just Joined

TravellerInAction is an unknown quantity at this point

That's what too much time in the sun does to your skin!

It has been a couple of years since I left Doha, so things may have changed, but there were always lots of expats at the Irish Harp in the Sheraton and also the Sports Bar at the Ramada on Thursday nights. They should be a good starting point for you.
Old Apr 30th 2013, 8:11 am
BE Enthusiast

DOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this point

Rugby club is the best place to meet other expats. Its full of them at the weekends
Old Apr 30th 2013, 8:17 am
BE Enthusiast

MaserMan is an unknown quantity at this point

A lot of cabin crew hang out in the Harp
Old Apr 30th 2013, 1:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

dubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by MaserMan
A lot of cabin crew hang out in the Harp
No they don't. Unless "cabin crew" is a modern euphemism for knackered old Chinese hookers, that is?
Old Apr 30th 2013, 1:24 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dubaiguy2011
No they don't. Unless "cabin crew" is a modern euphemism for knackered old Chinese hookers, that is?
That's upstairs mate where you stick to the carpet.
Old Apr 30th 2013, 1:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

dubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of light

Every time we've been in the Harp it's been utterly dreadful.
Old Apr 30th 2013, 1:30 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dubaiguy2011
Every time we've been in the Harp it's been utterly dreadful.
Didn't deny that, though we don't really like any drinking establishments in Doha......
Old Apr 30th 2013, 1:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by britexpat76
Didn't deny that, though we don't really like any drinking establishments in Doha......
Old May 9th 2013, 5:31 am
BE Enthusiast

DOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this point

Cabin crew all seem to hang out in crowne plaza now
Old May 9th 2013, 7:57 am
BE Enthusiast

MaserMan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RyanC
Cabin crew all seem to hang out in crowne plaza now
How is your Korean?
Old May 9th 2013, 9:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MaserMan
How is your Korean?
Not as good as my malaysian
Old May 9th 2013, 4:52 pm
Just Joined

lindabindega is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Im in for meeting since Im new in Doha, too and getting a bit bored sitting around by myself. Unfortunately due to funny rules here Im not able to sent a private message. Maybe you are!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.