Living unmarried.

Old Sep 21st 2009, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

Amnesia180 is just really niceAmnesia180 is just really niceAmnesia180 is just really niceAmnesia180 is just really niceAmnesia180 is just really niceAmnesia180 is just really niceAmnesia180 is just really niceAmnesia180 is just really niceAmnesia180 is just really nice
Default Living unmarried.

Hi all,

I've been reading through a thread today, which has made me think a little about living with someone who I'm not married too.

I.e: If I have my sister and her boyfriend over for a holiday, and they're caught living me, what are the rules for that?
If my girlfriend decides to come over for say 30 days (the length of her visa), again - serious consequences?

The reason I ask is because I've done a bit of research on the website and there seem to be some conflicting views. The general feedback I'm finding is that as long as you're respectful and discreet, you'll be fine. Other topics (from another forum that came up on a google search) said the police just entered their room and waited for them to arrive home together

I'm also assuming the rules are likely to be different in AD than Dubai (still unsure where I'll be living. They have offices at Dubai Investment Park and AD, so I'll probably live in Dubai and commute to AD if needed at that office).

On a side note - I mentioned I would be in the ME October 1st, there has been a delay and I'm due in January
Old Sep 21st 2009, 10:04 am
Confirmed grumpy old man

Victor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Living unmarried.

I know of many couples who are living together here.

As far as I'm aware, IF you get caught you are likely that both of you will be deported and possibly spend some time in jail prior to that.

You will then likely get a ban from visiting and/or working in the UAE (all of the Emirates, not just the one you were caught in)

All it takes is from someone to snitch on you and you're stuffed.
Old Sep 21st 2009, 11:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

How does that go for house shares? I'm meant to be looking at a room in a house share where I would be the only girl- 3 guys- what would happen in this instance? We are all europeans.
Old Sep 21st 2009, 12:06 pm
Confirmed grumpy old man

Victor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond repute

I have just checked with my other half who seems to think that would be OK, although if someone complains (neighbour/watchman/landlord) that could still create problems.
Old Sep 21st 2009, 3:36 pm
Forum Regular

Amnesia180 is just really niceAmnesia180 is just really niceAmnesia180 is just really niceAmnesia180 is just really niceAmnesia180 is just really niceAmnesia180 is just really niceAmnesia180 is just really niceAmnesia180 is just really niceAmnesia180 is just really nice

Thanks for the reply Victor.

Nice idea about the House Share, Kittycat! I'll also look into that for the short-term.

Cheers!
Old Sep 21st 2009, 3:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

the rules are that you are not allowed to share a house with opp gender it should only be family etc, you can only share if allowed by landlord and is on contract etc, quite often it will say 1 person per room etc, or no more than 10 per house etc, but they should all be same sex. if allowed by landlord then you can get away with it.
Old Sep 21st 2009, 7:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1
How does that go for house shares? I'm meant to be looking at a room in a house share where I would be the only girl- 3 guys- what would happen in this instance? We are all europeans.
Don't do this.
Old Sep 21st 2009, 7:34 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busybee2
the rules are that you are not allowed to share a house with opp gender it should only be family etc, you can only share if allowed by landlord and is on contract etc, quite often it will say 1 person per room etc, or no more than 10 per house etc, but they should all be same sex. if allowed by landlord then you can get away with it.

What ?? if the Landlord is Mohammed P.B.U.H then maybe....BBee2 please re-read what you have written there.

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
Don't do this.
KittyC, I'm not often serious on here but I agree totally with the Emirati breadmaker......don't do it.
Old Sep 21st 2009, 7:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva
[/B]

What ?? if the Landlord is Mohammed P.B.U.H then maybe....BBee2 please re-read what you have written there.

KittyC, I'm not often serious on here but I agree totally with the Emirati breadmaker......don't do it.
there are many landlords that allow companies to rent houses with clauses in contract saying no more than 10 or 1 per bedroom etc. these are for staff accommodation etc that is what i am meaning. contracts dont allow you to sublet etc but with landlords permission you can, also the same applies to sharing..... as long as with landlords permission.
Old Sep 21st 2009, 7:57 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

there are many landlords that allow companies to rent houses with clauses in contract saying no more than 10 or 1 per bedroom etc. these are for staff accommodation etc that is what i am meaning. contracts dont allow you to sublet etc but with landlords permission you can, also the same applies to sharing..... as long as with landlords permission.
I was referring more to the content of your post and the tenet of Sharia Law.....
Old Sep 21st 2009, 8:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

that under sharia law you are only allowed to share if part of same family group. but there are companies/landlords that share. a big local airline allow 1 cabin crew member per bedroom. other companies put 10 people in a 7 bed house etc that is what i am referring to.
Old Sep 21st 2009, 8:12 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

that under sharia law you are only allowed to share if part of same family group. but there are companies/landlords that share. a big local airline allow 1 cabin crew member per bedroom. other companies put 10 people in a 7 bed house etc that is what i am referring to.
Same sex cabin crew....?
Old Sep 21st 2009, 8:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Eva
Same sex cabin crew....?
yeh all girlies.
Old Sep 21st 2009, 8:16 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

yeh all girlies.
We got there in the end didn't we?
Old Sep 21st 2009, 8:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

yep multi tasking..... as i said same sex only not living together unmarried or anything like that.... not allowed under sharia law, people do it, but severe consequences if found out for whatever reason, car accident, prob with maid, liquor licence, loads of reasons etc. some people have their maids husbands living with them, well thats not allowed technically. only family members allowed under sharia law. clear as mud now?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.