Living in Al Ain

Old Jan 25th 2009, 7:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Amazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Living in Al Ain

Originally Posted by Al Ain
of course, because there are many new projects ^_^
Where for example
Old Jan 25th 2009, 7:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Amazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shah Shah A Go Go
Hi folks,

I am new to this forum and would like to hear from anyone working at Horizon Flight Academy to discuss how they went about finding accommodation in Al Ain or Buraimi as I may be offered a job there soon. Also, does anyone here know what a decent two bedroom apartment or villa would cost to rent?

Many thanks!
Wouldnt recommend Buraimi as you may have trouble with the border crossing traffic which is an absolute nightmare but there are a few people on here who may live by the airport and I pressume the academy is somewhere close by but dont worry someone will be along shortly who can help
Old Jan 25th 2009, 8:05 am
Account Closed

larnie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Shah Shah A Go Go
Hi folks,

I am new to this forum and would like to hear from anyone working at Horizon Flight Academy to discuss how they went about finding accommodation in Al Ain or Buraimi as I may be offered a job there soon. Also, does anyone here know what a decent two bedroom apartment or villa would cost to rent?

Many thanks!
Buraimi is not part of the UAE it is part of Oman so I don't think living there is an option for you!!
Old Jan 25th 2009, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

buddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nice

The border at Buraimi is now open. Depending on what nationality you are, you can cross daily with no hassle. It has just been reopened, was closed for several years.

Going about finding accomodation as you would anywhere. Get an agent, or look for to rent signs, or look on bulletin boards for adverts.
Old Jan 25th 2009, 8:23 am
BE Enthusiast

The Buraimi border crossing behind the Hilton is avoid at all times if possible. Wouldnt even consider it an option to find accomodation there.
Old Jan 25th 2009, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

sassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Amazing Grace
Not any more you just told the world
Well we just met with the owner and it came down to nothing but extortion. He showed up here saying he needed more money and we would need to sign a new contract increasing the rent 30k more. We advised him we knew our rights and he tried to tell us we couldn't live here with other pilots " visiting " there is nothing in the contract that states that. He called the police dept on both us and our neighbors. he is currently trying to get more money out of them as well. He said if we aren't going to pay more, we have to move, well we know we don't, but we do want to get another villa so we don't have to deal with this idiot any longer. Anthony, I will try to call you to get the numbers again from you and if anyone has any other numbers, please pass them on. We want to get as close to abu dhabi as we can since my new job will have an office there as well as me working here. Thanks !
Old Jan 25th 2009, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

sassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Aikman7981
Baggiesmom,
I just moved into a villa in Zakher and wouldn't be surprised if you looked at the house next to mine. If you are having trouble finding a place use as many agents as it takes. I went through three or four. If you want my landlord's # I can provide it as the villa next door is unoccupied. I don't know if he will rent it for less than 170 but at least there won't be a 7% fee. It has been vacant for a while so maybe you can strike a bargain! One positive is that my landlord has been super responsive to our maintenance issues. We had some things go wrong our first two days in the house and he came by every few hours to ensure that they were being fixed.

Europcar might be the best bet in Al Ain, or Al Ghazell.

All of my furniture came from Homes R Us. They seem the cheapest and the quality is decent.

Good luck!
Anthony, we definitely want your LL's number.. We are willing and ready to strike a deal ! Please let us know PS.what size is the villa ? where in zackher ?

Melanie
Old Jan 25th 2009, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

buddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nice

There are currently 2 villas advertised on the bulletin board in Abelas market. There is a villa directly across from them with a to let sign.

For all of those looking to move to Al Ain, if you want to pay an agent, fine.
I got out and about, and looked on bulletin boards, drove around, and called numbers on to let signs. They are out there if you just look.
Old Jan 25th 2009, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

Technically Sassy, you cant live in a house with men who are not your relatives. Sharia law states that.
It is done, surely,.. albeit discretely, though.
Your LL is right about that. It doesnt matter what is in the lease, they are not really worth any more than a nose tissue around these parts
Old Jan 25th 2009, 10:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sassypilotswife
Well we just met with the owner and it came down to nothing but extortion. He showed up here saying he needed more money and we would need to sign a new contract increasing the rent 30k more. We advised him we knew our rights and he tried to tell us we couldn't live here with other pilots " visiting " there is nothing in the contract that states that. He called the police dept on both us and our neighbors. he is currently trying to get more money out of them as well. He said if we aren't going to pay more, we have to move, well we know we don't, but we do want to get another villa so we don't have to deal with this idiot any longer. Anthony, I will try to call you to get the numbers again from you and if anyone has any other numbers, please pass them on. We want to get as close to abu dhabi as we can since my new job will have an office there as well as me working here. Thanks !
sorry but if you have more than one family living together its illegal (yes they say that they are not implementing the rule in some cases) but the rental law says that you are not allowed to sublet without landlords permission. unfortunately this happens an awful lot.
Old Jan 25th 2009, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by buddymom
Technically Sassy, you cant live in a house with men who are not your relatives. Sharia law states that.
It is done, surely,.. albeit discretely, though.
Your LL is right about that. It doesnt matter what is in the lease, they are not really worth any more than a nose tissue around these parts
That is true. and that is why they agreed to let us live here. Rich is my cousin and they just happen to both be pilots for the same airline and they are telling us we can't have other pilots come in town to visit.. we said ummm yeah we can, there is no stipulation to having any visitors nor a length of time here (within reason) We do have pilots who are in town come and visit and stay a few days occasionally. They didn't care how many people were here, they were simply trying to extort more money. The owner called since my last message i typed in here. He was trying to " negotiate" because he doesn't want us to move, lol i think he figured out we aren't stupid and it wasn't going to work. We are going to continue looking for another villa to see our options and depending on what is available and the cost, we will weigh if paying more is worth the move or if we should just stick it out here for the remainder of this lease because he can't throw us out unless we were to go thru the legal process here. The police dept confirmed that this morning and they also said the rental authority and the PD are growing tired of LL's doing this crap to people and that if he shows back up on the property even though it is owned by him, we can have him charged with harrassment. Also i assure you, he will cash the check on the first of the month ( #2 of 3 checks) that he has and when he does, he will have no leg to stand on if he tries to do anything then. We told him if he cashes that check, that is confirmation that there are no longer any issues here with us as tenants and the repairs need to be finished. I asked him today when he came scrounging for more money, where are all the cars if there are others living here ? He wouldn't answer, he just kept saying he didn't want the matter to have to go any further than just us, and if we simply pay another 30k a year, he won't have to call the authorities LOL we told him he had already done that and was told it was NOT a police dept issue. he would need to take it up with housing and rental authorities.
Old Jan 25th 2009, 11:33 am
Forum Regular

Hey Anthony, I found the number for Mr Khalid. and he just called me back. Very nice gentleman and we may go look at the villa near you however we need more that 4 bed rooms because of friends fly in and visit us all the time and keep a room ready and available for when my kids fly in to visit and stay as they are going to be here during the summer. He said he has many villas we can go look at. Thank you for the number previously. A very nice man on the phone !
Old Jan 25th 2009, 11:43 am
Just Joined

baggiesmom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Aikman7981
Baggiesmom,
I just moved into a villa in Zakher and wouldn't be surprised if you looked at the house next to mine. If you are having trouble finding a place use as many agents as it takes. I went through three or four. If you want my landlord's # I can provide it as the villa next door is unoccupied. I don't know if he will rent it for less than 170 but at least there won't be a 7% fee. It has been vacant for a while so maybe you can strike a bargain! One positive is that my landlord has been super responsive to our maintenance issues. We had some things go wrong our first two days in the house and he came by every few hours to ensure that they were being fixed.

Europcar might be the best bet in Al Ain, or Al Ghazell.

All of my furniture came from Homes R Us. They seem the cheapest and the quality is decent.

Good luck!
Hi Aikman,

My husband phoned your landlord and arranged to meet at his house. It was only then that they realised they had already seen the villa, and he was trying to negotiate ! Unfortunately we aren't able to move until the 4th March, as that's when the furniture arrives....and he wouldn't accept the time delay. How bizarre that it was the villa you were talking about...he did say it was fantastic though. 170,000 AED ! I'm hoping that we've now secured another villa in Zakher....150,000 AED, but 3 years old. At least we shouldn't have any teething problems !!!

How did you find staying at the intercon ? My husband has been there for a month, and apart from missing me and the kids, has felt very comfortable there. I am so excited ! Only 10 days to go !!!
Old Jan 25th 2009, 11:47 am
Just Joined

baggiesmom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sassypilotswife
Hey Anthony, I found the number for Mr Khalid. and he just called me back. Very nice gentleman and we may go look at the villa near you however we need more that 4 bed rooms because of friends fly in and visit us all the time and keep a room ready and available for when my kids fly in to visit and stay as they are going to be here during the summer. He said he has many villas we can go look at. Thank you for the number previously. A very nice man on the phone !
HI Mel,

You gave me your e-mail address, while you were at home at Christmas, and I just wanted to apologise for not getting in touch, but thank you for all your kindness and support. I'm sorry to hear you're having so much trouble, and fair play to you for standing up to the guy ! I really can't believe that I've only got 10 more days in the UK, and will be seeing my hubbie again on Friday, after 1 whole month without him ! Can't wait to meet you all, and say hi face to face xx
Old Jan 25th 2009, 3:47 pm
Just Joined

Shah Shah A Go Go is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi again,

Thanks to those who replied.. do I take it that living across the boarder in Buraimi is gonna be roughing it a bit? lol A friend of mine is currently staying at the Hilton looking for accommodation and suggested Buraimi may be worth a punt as it's cheaper than Al Ain and open to us once UAE residency status is issued... but is it a doghole?

Cheers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.