Living in Al Ain

Old Oct 20th 2008, 7:02 pm
Account Closed

larnie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Living in Al Ain

Originally Posted by pharmacyprofessor
Dear All,
Greetings!
I'm new to the forum and would like to know more about Al Ain. I'm an american of asian origin and offered a teaching position at AUST. I'm waiting for an official offer which i'm told will be given to me by Sunday. I've looked at their webbiest and came to know that they provide Dirhams 55,000 for the family accommodation. what do you guys say? How about the children schools? I came to know through this thread about 2 international schools providing HS education following american curriculum. It's my understanding that the AUST don't provide a reasonable children education allowance so in that case i will have to take some money out from my salary to pay for their school expenses.
What do you think about the salary and other benefits? I have a Phd and 16 years of teaching and research experience which includes 10 years in the US.

Any help/information will be highly appreciated!
I'm really impressed by the kind of support you folks provide to the prospective expats community.
Cheers,
55.000 for accommodation in Al Ain especially for a family is at the bottom end of the range for expats. Sorry! but you will need a lot more than that.
Old Oct 20th 2008, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

someone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to all

Dear All,
Greetings!
I'm new to the forum and would like to know more about Al Ain. I'm an american of asian origin and offered a teaching position at AUST. I'm waiting for an official offer which i'm told will be given to me by Sunday. I've looked at their webbiest and came to know that they provide Dirhams 55,000 for the family accommodation. what do you guys say? How about the children schools? I came to know through this thread about 2 international schools providing HS education following american curriculum. It's my understanding that the AUST don't provide a reasonable children education allowance so in that case i will have to take some money out from my salary to pay for their school expenses.
What do you think about the salary and other benefits? I have a Phd and 16 years of teaching and research experience which includes 10 years in the US.

I'm really impressed by the kind of support you folks provide to the prospective expats community.
Cheers,
may i know how much salary they offered you?
Old Oct 20th 2008, 7:30 pm
Account Closed

larnie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by someone in al ain
may i know how much salary they offered you?
I would surmise that is none of your business!!
Old Oct 20th 2008, 7:45 pm
Is not impressed...

Aikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really nice

I would check his other thread, "salary question" He states it there.
Old Oct 20th 2008, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

someone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Aikman7981
I would check his other thread, "salary question" He states it there.
Thanks Aikman
Old Oct 20th 2008, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

Dear All,
Greetings!

Cheers,
Hi ,

You could find 55000 with two bedroom and one living room , but not very large.

remember there is difference between al ain university of science and technology and united arab emirates.

Al Ain university is a private university , a 3 years old univ. , it has been lots of problems happens on it , but it seems doing OK , as the owner of it is very high and much more than VIP people in Al Ain And Abudhabi.

Note: feel free to ask about anything you like..will do our best here to help you
Old Oct 21st 2008, 5:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Amazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond repute

School fees are not cheap in Al Ain or elsewhere I suspect in the UAE for expat children. There is a new school opening shortly if it hasnt already which is taught in the US curriculum. My children are grown up but for more information about schooling in Al Ain may I suggest you ask on www.abudhabiwoman.com as there are a lot of Al Ain families on that site who will be able to answer your schooling questions. I must also agree that AED55,000 is very low for housing and asking someone their salary I am sad to say I find a bit offensive too, its not something expats ask as a rule.
Old Oct 21st 2008, 6:18 am
BE Enthusiast

hawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to all

I don't think it's offensive at all - how can anyone give good advice if they don't know the whole picture. We don't know the guy personally so I would say it's fine.
Old Oct 21st 2008, 6:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Amazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond repute

Thats your opinion and I have given mine
Old Oct 21st 2008, 6:34 am
BE Enthusiast

hawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to all

Correct - is that not what forums/fora are for???
Old Oct 21st 2008, 8:54 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hawkhead
Correct - is that not what forums/fora are for???
this forum in particular is very much like that, state package and get feedback. I think it is a good thing. We have saved many a poor soul from making the wrong move, and helped many a fortunate soul to make the right move
Old Oct 21st 2008, 8:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Exactly!!
Old Oct 21st 2008, 10:25 am
Forum Regular

happy man is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hawkhead
I don't think it's offensive at all - how can anyone give good advice if they don't know the whole picture. We don't know the guy personally so I would say it's fine.
Agreed especially that knowing the basic salary will be useful in case he needs to use part of it towards accommodation if the housing allowance is not enough
Old Oct 21st 2008, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

Old Nov 3rd 2008, 9:48 am
Just Joined

katrinalucas is an unknown quantity at this point

hello there. am finally making the move on thurs this week. I am after some advice for curtains - any recommendations for someone to come and measure windows, make and install. I would like to put up some shade cloth over our outdoor space so any tips would be welcome.. and also where do I buy outdoor plants ??? Many thanks in advance. Katrina. Oh and I will be looking for some help in the house 1-2 days a week, any advice ???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.