Living in Al Ain

Old Sep 4th 2007, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

Aussieoverseas has a brilliant futureAussieoverseas has a brilliant futureAussieoverseas has a brilliant futureAussieoverseas has a brilliant futureAussieoverseas has a brilliant futureAussieoverseas has a brilliant future
Default Re: Living in Al Ain

Hi there all

Wow you guys are really on the ball. I am afraid our apartments are pretty basic and certainly don't have things like a pool and a gym. Also the company has rented all of them and they are full now (except for 2 and we are waiting on people to come for them). We have quite a little community and that is really nice. The agent has been terrific and I can probably get a number for you if you would like Grace. Maybe check out the other leads and get back to me based on your success with them.

Looking forward to Thursday - I have been cruising the shops so much lately I have probably seen you in the supermarket or the home stores - and would never know! it will be nice to be able to run into some familiar faces.......

Apparently the Intercont has a networking meeting on tomorrow night at their health club (4-9pm). I think it is probably a marketing exercise to sign up new members but we thought we might go along. We have been there for a swim a couple of times after hubbie has finished work.

I am loving the shopping and spending quite a lot of time browsing the shops outside the malls.....very interesting!
Old Sep 5th 2007, 2:53 pm
Just Joined

changeringer is an unknown quantity at this point

Another mover and shaker in property is Dass Real Estate 03-7669950

They found an apartment for my American colleague. They are situated on first floor of the Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank Building, by the Clock crossroads. There's another accommodation company in the same building but can't think of it's name, and I think Homefinders may be there too.
Old Sep 9th 2007, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

Aussieoverseas has a brilliant futureAussieoverseas has a brilliant futureAussieoverseas has a brilliant futureAussieoverseas has a brilliant futureAussieoverseas has a brilliant futureAussieoverseas has a brilliant future

Well we have met up - Lucky13, Larnie and Aussieoverseas and I understand there is another to join our merry little crew tomorrow - we are off to the big smoke for the day. Thanks for your input everyone I am feeling very welcome and comfortable here and I know I have some lovely people to call on when the doldrums set in and I need a shot of American coffee and a wander round the shops!
Old Oct 17th 2007, 5:28 pm
Just Joined

PatrickG is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello, I am not quite an expat yet....but hoping to join Al-Ain Hospital (nursing) in January 2008. I've read this site with interest as it seems to provide lots of information that I haven't been able to find out elsewhere...so 'thank you'. It would be nice to know if there are any other hospital staff on this forum. Thanks, Patrick
Old Oct 18th 2007, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

fizzy is just really nicefizzy is just really nicefizzy is just really nicefizzy is just really nicefizzy is just really nicefizzy is just really nicefizzy is just really nicefizzy is just really nice

Hi everyone My hubby has been out in Al ain since the 1st August - Ive visited once for 2 weeks and due to come back around the 2nd November... pls keep me updated for coffee mornings would love to meet you all thanks x
Old Oct 21st 2007, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

Hello Patrick G and Fizzy
I have been here a short while - about 8 weeks now - and have connected up with Larnie and Lucky 13. I believe Amazing Garce is now in town or at least close to being here. Perhaps we can organise a coffee date soon?
I am being familiarised with the town and I must admit Lucky 13 has been a great help in getting to know the place and local customs etc.
I am happy to be contacted for a coffee date. In fact I have found a gorgeous little cafe at the First Safeer in Al Jimi area and it would be a great place for introductions - better than meeting at the Malls!
Cheers
Aussieoverseas
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 12:30 pm
Just Joined

Jenny Wren is an unknown quantity at this point

I arrived in Al Ain during Ramadan so not a lot happening during the day. I have met some great people in the bar but they all seem to be working. Any chance of joining your group? I'm the wife of changeringer.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

Hello there and welcome to Al Ain.

I am meeting with a few people at the Le Louvre cafe in the First Safeer at 10.30 on Thursday. You are very welcome to join us.

In fact this can be a general invitation to anyone who would like to come along and meet other people living in Al Ain.

To get to Le Louvre - starting at Al Jimi Mall, which I think everyone knows how to get to - and certainly every cabbie does. Go out of Al Jimi and turn right (no choice about that it is one way!) go to the roundabout and turn left. The First Safeer is on your left across the road. So you do U turn at the next roundabout and then turn into the Safeer centre. The cafe is behind the supermarket to the left of the building as you face it from the road.

Happy to see you there
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 1:08 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

I have told Amazing Grace, yes she arrived nearly two weeks back. I wish my husband had a job in Al Ain then I could join you all
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 1:51 pm
Just Joined

Jenny Wren is an unknown quantity at this point

Should be able to make it and looking forward to it. I have met Amazing Grace, briefly. Don't know the restaurant but do know the Safeer centre. I'm another senior member .
Old Oct 24th 2007, 3:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Amazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PatrickG
Hello, I am not quite an expat yet....but hoping to join Al-Ain Hospital (nursing) in January 2008. I've read this site with interest as it seems to provide lots of information that I haven't been able to find out elsewhere...so 'thank you'. It would be nice to know if there are any other hospital staff on this forum. Thanks, Patrick
Hi Patrick, my husband is working at Al Ain Hospital but on the non medical side. It is very nice here not like the other Emirates with the big construction sites going on everywhere. There is a very new sports complex just recently opened with an Equestrian centre, golf club and rugby club. I am sure you will be fine when you arrive in January. HAve you worked overseas anywhere else. Please let me know if I can help in anyway. We both worked in a hospital in Saudi Arabia.

Looking forward to coffee on Thursday Aussieoverseas I am sure the taxi people will know where it is from The Hilton.
Old Oct 24th 2007, 5:16 am
Account Closed

larnie is an unknown quantity at this point

Looking forward to coffee on Thursday Aussieoverseas I am sure the taxi people will know where it is from The Hilton.[/quote]

Grace

I can pick ypu up on my way if you like!!
Old Oct 24th 2007, 6:00 am
Forum Regular

Looks like we have a gathering happening - I am looking forward to it.
Old Oct 24th 2007, 7:24 am
Forum Regular

fizzy is just really nicefizzy is just really nicefizzy is just really nicefizzy is just really nicefizzy is just really nicefizzy is just really nicefizzy is just really nicefizzy is just really nice

Im not back until the 3rd November would love to meet up with you all that week sometime x
Old Oct 24th 2007, 9:31 am
Account Closed

larnie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Aussieoverseas
Looks like we have a gathering happening - I am looking forward to it.
There is an Oktoberfest Poolside at the Intercon on Monday 29th. It is Dhs95 per head for food plus pay for drink. There will be live entertainment, traditional Greman cuisine etc. It could be a good night out and a chance to include husbands iif anyone is interested but we will need to book a table. Think about it and may be let me know tomorrow then I could book.

Larni

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.