Living in Al Ain

Old Nov 25th 2009, 2:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Amazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Living in Al Ain

Hey Deb, sounds like you have had a busy time. Sadly I left Al Ain a week ago to come to Bangkok but look in now and again at Living in Al Ain. If you get yourself to Al Jimi Mall on a Tuesday morning there is a group of ladies who meet at Cosi upstairs for a coffee and a chat. I am in the same boat again here now being the new girl in town but I have met some lovely ladies yesterday and today I am off to learn how to play Majong. Say hi to the ladies from me if you go.
Old Nov 25th 2009, 3:34 am
Just Joined

Deb from norfolk is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, i'll head to Jimi mall after the Eid holidays and National day, enjoy Bangkok
Old Nov 25th 2009, 6:07 am
Just Joined

cymrolass is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Deb from norfolk
Hi,
I live in Al Ain with my husband in Markhaniya, after having visitors constantly for 9 months, for the first time i find myself alone in a big villa with time on my hands. I moved from Norwich where i worked as a Manager for Sainsburys. Is anyone out there in a similar situation and would like to meet for a coffee .
Always up for a coffee - staying at the Intercontinental at moment so if you fancy meeting in Mall sometime?
Old Nov 25th 2009, 9:44 am
Just Joined

gerra is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile It was nice meeting you have a great time in Bangkok

Originally Posted by Amazing Grace
Just wanted to say goodbye/Au revoir/Arrivi derci/Caio/See you soon to everyone on Living in Al Ain thread especially to the originator who, I met on here when she first started the thread over two years ago and now is one of my closest friends I have met in UAE, thank you Larnie.

For all of you who have become expats for the first time make it your experience, take in all the advice given and sift from it what you need for yourselves. There will be people who love to give you just negative thoughts but there is an abundance of great thoughts also.

My DH and I are flying out to Bangkok tomorrow morning where he is heading up a very exciting new project for his company and it may be a long lengthy one but we are ready for this as the Far East is one of our most favourite parts of the world and I have to start house hunting on Wednesday so am sure will find somewhere gorgeous, no more 2 years living in a hotel although today is very difficult saying goodbye to all the Al Ain Hilton family.

Enjoy Al Ain and what it has to offer and trips to AD and Dubai and enjoy your experience and time here
Old Nov 25th 2009, 9:52 am
Just Joined

gerra is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile

Hi
I am fairly new myself to this forum. I moved here in September and enjoying it so far. Like Grace said they have coffee in Jimi Mall on Tuesday morning at cosi at 10 o'clock (this week it was near the new Lulu). I asked them if they could put it on some forum so people would know when they change. As far as I know it will be in Jimi Mall again after the holidays. If I hear different I will let you know through this forum otherwise see you there.

Originally Posted by Deb from norfolk
Hi,
I live in Al Ain with my husband in Markhaniya, after having visitors constantly for 9 months, for the first time i find myself alone in a big villa with time on my hands. I moved from Norwich where i worked as a Manager for Sainsburys. Is anyone out there in a similar situation and would like to meet for a coffee .
Old Nov 25th 2009, 1:55 pm
Just Joined

picca7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello.... anybody! a little help for an Italian poor expat?! I need some advice for a house or I will never be able to bring my wife with me. I'll stay in single room for a while but I won't last long.......
Old Nov 26th 2009, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

zoukla will become famous soon enough

Is there a charity/thrift shop in al ain where i can donate some items. Using the break to o a clear out after which would like to have a pedicure but where?

Any links would be appreciated
Old Nov 26th 2009, 3:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really nice

Hi, thought I would tell you all that I went down to Al Yahar today, mainly to look for a rental villa, but also did some shopping whilst there. You see some shops from the main Abu Dhabi to Al Ain main road, these are just the tip of the iceberg - it's a bit like downtown Al Ain, except it is really easy to get parked, I thought the prices were a bit cheaper too. Well worth a look! (But no fabric shops I could see, but loads of curtain and furniture manufacturing places).
Old Nov 26th 2009, 4:04 pm
Just Joined

kmann is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Aikman7981
We looked into doing this so but didn't have to. It should cost you about 200 dhs to get export tags in Dubai. Then you drive the car here and register it within 3 days which should cost about 400 dhs.

So it's like registering twice, not too bad I guess but I didn't do it.

Hi, thanks for your info but we didn't do it either in the end! Bought a new car instead - much easier for someone who knows nothing about cars!
Old Nov 26th 2009, 4:37 pm
Forum Regular

shammy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by zoukla
Is there a charity/thrift shop in al ain where i can donate some items. Using the break to o a clear out after which would like to have a pedicure but where?

Any links would be appreciated
No idea ref a thrift shop - two options, try the red crescent, or advertise a yard sale and sell cheap! Try the Radiance spa for the pedicure, and everything else. They are at the Jabel r/a opposite the Homes r us, and near the Pizza Hut. Really lovely girls, and very professional!
Old Nov 26th 2009, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Amazing Grace
Hey Deb, sounds like you have had a busy time. Sadly I left Al Ain a week ago to come to Bangkok but look in now and again at Living in Al Ain. If you get yourself to Al Jimi Mall on a Tuesday morning there is a group of ladies who meet at Cosi upstairs for a coffee and a chat. I am in the same boat again here now being the new girl in town but I have met some lovely ladies yesterday and today I am off to learn how to play Majong. Say hi to the ladies from me if you go.
Best of luck to you AG, have a ball!!
Old Nov 26th 2009, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kmann
Hi, thanks for your info but we didn't do it either in the end! Bought a new car instead - much easier for someone who knows nothing about cars!
Jut in the Paper today - they are bringing in a Federal UAE wide riving test and registration system! Hooray!
Old Nov 27th 2009, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

zoukla will become famous soon enough

Whats on in AL Ain for national day?
Old Nov 30th 2009, 7:40 am
Forum Regular

meseta has a spectacular aura aboutmeseta has a spectacular aura aboutmeseta has a spectacular aura about

that was a good question ! Stumped everyone !

I'd like to know too.

Any info ??

anybody ??

you all can't be in the maldives, surely ??
Old Nov 30th 2009, 8:22 am
Just Joined

cymrolass is an unknown quantity at this point

Any one know if ladies are meeting in Cosi for coffee tomorrow?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.