Living in Al Ain

Old Sep 15th 2009, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

Holking is just really niceHolking is just really niceHolking is just really niceHolking is just really niceHolking is just really niceHolking is just really niceHolking is just really niceHolking is just really nice
Default Re: Living in Al Ain

Originally Posted by valeboy
Hi Everone, Just arrived in Al Ain and am living in a villa in Towayya, just wondered if anyone fancied meeting up over the weekend or Eid break.

Would also love to have a game of golf if anyone is interested in playing.
Hi,

would be happy to meet up after Eid but going away Friday till Tues. Let me know if you want to meet for a coffe any time after that.
Old Sep 15th 2009, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

sassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Ms Piggy,

Hey ! I just now read my PM from you so i edited this reply.. I wondered if you guys made the move. I am so excited ! Mike asked about ya'll a couple times and we thought maybe hubby changed his mind.. Ahem.. you have to be free Thursday morning.. Not only will I take you to Buraimi with me, but taking 2 of my friends over to get their hair done by my hair dresser. We have alot to catch up on! That way you can see the area for yourself. Not only that, you will get to meet the wife of one of your hubby's co workers. They were waiting on your arrival as well

Last edited by sassypilotswife; Sep 15th 2009 at 2:46 pm.
Old Sep 15th 2009, 3:53 pm
Just Joined

Ms Piggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shammy
See if you can meet up with one or two of them, and follow them home at the time you would normally be going - see what the timings are, and get as much info as you can about life there, have found that many of the western expats will tell all to stop others making the same mistakes. When there look at all the amenities you have, etc. Ask about security - the only times myself or friends have had cars broken into is in Oman, near the border. Things like buying alcohol here and taking it across can be a big problem. You will probably need to do most of your grocery shopping here. At the end of the day you need to weigh up the size and quality of the house you will get there with the practical side of having a life while living there. Also thoroughly investigate having a UAE visa, and renting in Oman - any lease needs a company letter to go with it, so they will know where you are working, you may need a residence visa in Oman as well. Good Luck!!
Thanks Shammy for your input, it's all about knowing what questions to ask and you brought up quite a few!!!
Old Sep 16th 2009, 5:35 am
Forum Regular

shammy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everone, Just arrived in Al Ain and am living in a villa in Towayya, just wondered if anyone fancied meeting up over the weekend or Eid break.

Would also love to have a game of golf if anyone is interested in playing.
Pop into the Rugby Club on Friday evening, we have a home game on, and the Pub is always a good place to start meeting people!
Old Sep 16th 2009, 12:37 pm
Just Joined

valeboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shammy
Pop into the Rugby Club on Friday evening, we have a home game on, and the Pub is always a good place to start meeting people!
Hey Shammy,

That's great news, I will look forward to it A bit past my best on the playing stakes but still enjoy watching a game.

What time is kick off?
Old Sep 16th 2009, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

aberdeensiregirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Shammy,

That's great news, I will look forward to it A bit past my best on the playing stakes but still enjoy watching a game.

What time is kick off?
Kick off 5pm
Old Sep 16th 2009, 12:47 pm
Just Joined

valeboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by aberdeensiregirl
Kick off 5pm
Thanks a lot, looking forward to it already.
Old Sep 18th 2009, 9:52 am
Just Joined

minisumo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi to those of you who are living in Al Ain. I hope you can help me with something. It may seem a bit bonkers posting this here but I couldn't think where else to start.

I run a business in Dubai which offers mystery shopping across various industries, and one of my clients has a retail outlet in a mall in Al Ain which needs to be mystery shopped over Eid and in the few days afterwards. Needless to say I'm having trouble finding people to go there for me as most of my mystery shoppers are based in Dubai.

Would any of you be interested in helping me out with this? You don't have to buy anything and you get paid for completing the report!

NB: if you have links to the retail and/or business consultancy industries then I'm afraid you can't participate!
Old Sep 18th 2009, 10:25 am
Just Joined

kmann is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by minisumo
Hi to those of you who are living in Al Ain. I hope you can help me with something. It may seem a bit bonkers posting this here but I couldn't think where else to start.

I run a business in Dubai which offers mystery shopping across various industries, and one of my clients has a retail outlet in a mall in Al Ain which needs to be mystery shopped over Eid and in the few days afterwards. Needless to say I'm having trouble finding people to go there for me as most of my mystery shoppers are based in Dubai.

Would any of you be interested in helping me out with this? You don't have to buy anything and you get paid for completing the report!

NB: if you have links to the retail and/or business consultancy industries then I'm afraid you can't participate!
Hi Minisumo, yes I'm interested, can you pm me with further details? Thanks.
Old Sep 18th 2009, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

shammy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by minisumo

Hi, Have PM'd you
Shammy
Old Sep 18th 2009, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

meseta has a spectacular aura aboutmeseta has a spectacular aura aboutmeseta has a spectacular aura about

British Newspapers - where are there regular supplies of British Newspapers in Al AIn ?
Old Sep 18th 2009, 11:25 am
Just Joined

minisumo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kmann
Hi Minisumo, yes I'm interested, can you pm me with further details? Thanks.
Will do. Just have to achieve my quota of posts in order to be able to use PM!
Old Sep 18th 2009, 2:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Amazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meseta
British Newspapers - where are there regular supplies of British Newspapers in Al AIn ?
British newspapers available in the shop adjacent to the Palm Court Coffee Shop in the Hilton Hotel obviously a day or so later than published but still good to read.
Old Sep 20th 2009, 3:19 pm
Forum Regular

zoukla will become famous soon enough

Now working in al Ain and doing the commute from Ab Dabs.

Looking to find a 2-3 bedroom accomodation in al ain. Will be willing to sshare a villa with its own facilities.

Please pm me with any contacts.
Old Sep 24th 2009, 1:15 am
Forum Regular

Aussieoverseas has a brilliant futureAussieoverseas has a brilliant futureAussieoverseas has a brilliant futureAussieoverseas has a brilliant futureAussieoverseas has a brilliant futureAussieoverseas has a brilliant future

Hi there back in Al Ain

I hope you guys are all fabulous and that the weather has started to cool down for you!

Well we have made it to China and settled into our new home in Nanjing. This place is fascinating and I just love it.

Haven't been able to find a job yet so I am writing for publication on the internet. I am not making a fortune but I am having fun and life is good. Have a look at my profile at http://www.triond.com/users/Cheryl+Malloy to see the articles I have written and the photos I have put up. There are a few there from Al Ain. Feel free to use them.

I spent my birthday this week in a Chinese Military hospital! You will see the story on the site.

Amazing Grace this is a great site for you to exhibit your creative writing talent. The day just disappears as you think up the next article to write.

Anyway I am still on BE ocassionally so don't forget to drop me a line and say hello.

I am jealous that Larnie will be back in the UAE soon but so happy that she will once again be a Bond girl.

All the best everyone
Aussie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.