Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Let's see how long it takes for THIS article to upset the locals.....

Let's see how long it takes for THIS article to upset the locals.....

Old Apr 25th 2012, 9:22 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Let's see how long it takes for THIS article to upset the locals.....

Originally Posted by Debowing
Oh yes---you are right...But I think he was 'acquitted' the religious fatwa was lifted? I don't recall the reasons though..
Not before being threatened for years and having to remain in hiding.

Nothing quite like a bit of religious tolerance...
Old Apr 25th 2012, 1:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paracletus will become famous soon enoughParacletus will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Let's see how long it takes for THIS article to upset the locals.....

Relax...it is just a book, to sell and make money for the author and publishers...Nobody will get upset...Besides what do they care about what some infidels write about...as long as it is not insulting like those cartoons in Denmark....
Matt Stone, Trey Parker..ring a bell? Creators of a cartoon were threatened for simply having a bear called 'mohammed' in their episode of their show.

Theo Van Gogh..murdered for making a film critical of Islam by a nutter, note attached stabbed to his body was 5 pages long.

Some Pakistani tech firm tried to start up a muslim friendly Facebook too sometime ago after the whole annual 'let's draw muhammed day' began to be celebrated online. They are a bit touchy when it comes to the sanctity of their religion.
Old Apr 26th 2012, 2:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Debowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really nice

Yes, but I think that the author is aware of the sensitivities and if an islamic scholar studies the book, it is carefully written in order not to offend...It may well of course offend many muslims, but for a fatwa-type threat, islamic scholars must issue the fatwa against the author. In any case, it is a risky business...If I were the author, I'd be looking around my shoulder all the time...
Old Apr 26th 2012, 3:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Paracletus will become famous soon enoughParacletus will become famous soon enough

Yes, but I think that the author is aware of the sensitivities and if an islamic scholar studies the book, it is carefully written in order not to offend...It may well of course offend many muslims, but for a fatwa-type threat, islamic scholars must issue the fatwa against the author. In any case, it is a risky business...If I were the author, I'd be looking around my shoulder all the time...
The author runs jihad watch..I'm sure he knows his territory. I moved from Bahrain to Norway..I have learned about the loveliness of Breivik..who is a big schooarl of his.

Last edited by Paracletus; Apr 26th 2012 at 3:23 am. Reason: word separation
Old Apr 26th 2012, 12:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

Any 1500 year-old religion is still a bit touchy. They kinda mellow out after they hit the 1800s but not completely.
Old May 11th 2012, 11:46 am
Just Joined

madkw is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by seven seas
Any 1500 year-old religion is still a bit touchy. They kinda mellow out after they hit the 1800s but not completely.
evey body have his own book that he opay to and if you keep you fath to your self and ur family nothing will happen to you
remember that you guys live in a mosslim land so religon in the hart and how to trait other's and not how many time you prey so do good to all
and you ll be save
God love us all
Old May 11th 2012, 6:10 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mentalist
But couldn't a historian write a similar piece asking whether Jesus was invented? Hardly an earth shattering revelation.
Um, already done. There are no contemporary accounts of a jesus figure. Also, quite strangely, no accounts of the 'miracles' which you'd have thought would be pretty big news at the time.