Lego in Riyadh

Old Aug 31st 2013, 9:19 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Lego in Riyadh

When I was in the UK over the summer my kids got into Lego in a big way . Came back to Riyadh a week ago and I've been looking around for some here . There is a lot of imitation stuff such as Emco and Megablocks but the quality isn't quite as good and they don't fit together so well . Tried Carrefour , Toys R Us and Panda etc but can't find any . The only place I can think of is Hamley's in Panorama Mall but it's a bit of a way to go on the off chance . E-bay is a no-no because of the crap postal service . Anyone got any ideas ? Need to build !
Old Aug 31st 2013, 10:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lego in Riyadh

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
When I was in the UK over the summer my kids got into Lego in a big way . Came back to Riyadh a week ago and I've been looking around for some here . There is a lot of imitation stuff such as Emco and Megablocks but the quality isn't quite as good and they don't fit together so well . Tried Carrefour , Toys R Us and Panda etc but can't find any . The only place I can think of is Hamley's in Panorama Mall but it's a bit of a way to go on the off chance . E-bay is a no-no because of the crap postal service . Anyone got any ideas ? Need to build !
Shop n Ship - if there is such a thing. Lego is so cheap in the UK and so expensive in the region, it almost pays to courier it here.
Old Sep 1st 2013, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

dragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nice

As the mother of 2 Lego fanatics - we never found it in Jeddah when we were there - go with Millhouse's suggestion - open a shop n ship (Aramex) account and order direct from the UK.
Old Sep 1st 2013, 6:28 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

I've since found out that Hamleys in Panorama Mall is the place to go for it . It can't work out cheaper to ship it than buy it surely ? It's not that cheap in the UK really .
Old Sep 1st 2013, 6:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
I've since found out that Hamleys in Panorama Mall is the place to go for it . It can't work out cheaper to ship it than buy it surely ? It's not that cheap in the UK really .
It is very cheap in the UK! Check Amazon, or Tesco. If you can get a friend to post it without the box even better.
Old Sep 2nd 2013, 7:31 am
Just Joined

youmeandtheboys is an unknown quantity at this point

I was at Hamleys getting Lego with my son last week, didn't think the price was that much different from uk
Old Sep 2nd 2013, 7:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Mogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to all

Originally Posted by youmeandtheboys
I was at Hamleys getting Lego with my son last week, didn't think the price was that much different from uk
We looked at one of the Hobbit box sets of Lego in Hamleys - around AED 700+

Same thing in UK was GBP 49.99 - half the price
Old Sep 2nd 2013, 7:36 am

Guess I'm going to have to go down to Hamleys at Panorama and have a look . I remember the prices from the UK and I've had a look at Hamleys website ,e-bay etc but still need to check out the local prices in Saudi to see what the difference is .
Old Sep 2nd 2013, 1:50 pm
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Aramex shop & ship

also look at Markavip - they sometimes have Lego available