Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Learning Arabic - Modern Standard Arabic

Learning Arabic - Modern Standard Arabic

Old Dec 13th 2022, 6:57 am
Just Joined

ballak is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Learning Arabic - Modern Standard Arabic

I have recently moved to Saudi Arabia (AlUla) and looking for an arabic tutor or course. The more intense the better as I want to pick the language up in a year. I look forward to your comments with any good tutors you know or any courses you are aware of.
Thanks in advance.
Old Dec 13th 2022, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

AAABritishExpat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Learning Arabic - Modern Standard Arabic

Did you consider the apps available today such as the Rosetta Stone app? I am a native Arabic and one idea that I want to experiment with in Neom when I join is some free Arabic Language basics. Did you check if your employer has anything to support ex-pats?
Old Dec 13th 2022, 10:25 am
Just Joined

i have tried apps before but they are no good for when you have a question.
I was told there is a language college offering classes locally, however when i visited it, they told me the course has been stopped due to restructuring.
Old Dec 13th 2022, 10:25 am
Just Joined

i have tried apps before but they are no good for when you have a question.
I was told there is a language college offering classes locally, however when i visited it, they told me the course has been stopped due to restructuring.
Old Dec 13th 2022, 2:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paracletus will become famous soon enoughParacletus will become famous soon enough

I've seen people advertise small classes on meetup, so albeit virtual, you should be able to query the tutors. A couple of my colleagues have found dedicated tutors offering lessons 5 day a week, I can ask around for details and pm you if interested.
Old Dec 13th 2022, 3:15 pm
Just Joined

@paracletus yes please have a word and look around. Ideally looking for something intense. 3-5 days a week. I am based in AlUla so if they are near that will be an added bonus if not the online thing is just as fine.
thanks
Old Dec 13th 2022, 3:15 pm
Just Joined

@paracletus yes please have a word and look around. Ideally looking for something intense. 3-5 days a week. I am based in AlUla so if they are near that will be an added bonus if not the online thing is just as fine.
thanks
Old Dec 21st 2022, 9:22 am
Just Joined

TigBhinker is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ballak
I have recently moved to Saudi Arabia (AlUla) and looking for an arabic tutor or course. The more intense the better as I want to pick the language up in a year. I look forward to your comments with any good tutors you know or any courses you are aware of.
Thanks in advance.
i am learning Arabic via YouTube and still at the very early stages. Had to check the books as well to aid my learning. Also, a few of my Saudi colleagues have told me they would gladly help as long as I help them with their English.
Old Dec 24th 2022, 4:56 am
Forum Regular

Traveler20 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ballak
Thanks in advance.
My parents are professional Arabic as a second language instructors including conversational Arabic. They have taught US & British ambassadors in the ME, US marines, embassy staff and organizations such as WHO for 30+ years. They currently provide classes through Zoom and might be able to take you in.

Send me a private message if you’re serious and we can discuss further. This goes to anyone else in the forum that might be interested as well.

Cheers