Reload this Page >

Leahyd’s questions about KSA/Aramco

Leahyd’s questions about KSA/Aramco

Old Jan 3rd 2024, 10:39 am
Just Joined

leahyd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Leahyd’s questions about KSA/Aramco

Hi
Looking to resurrect this thread rather than start a new one.

I recently had an Saudi Aramco recruiter reach out to me. I work in the oil patch and have ~ 16 years experience.
I am married with 2 young kids, oldest will start primary school in 2025.
Before I even consider this I want to try and get as much information to make an informed decision.
Being in the oil patch I have heard that "Aramco are great payers" but that is always second or third hand or in passing. I am hoping you lovely people can help.

Reading through the forums seems to be a lot of additional things to think about taking a job in the KSA, medical, dental, education although it seems Aramco offer most of these benefits.
Family life, the restrictions my wife would be subject to do worry me.
For people who are doing it, how do you find it?
What would a good offer be?
What should it include?
What should I definitely ask for no matter what? i.e. extra holidays
Should I push for an Aramco compound so my wife can have some sort of social life?
Or with the recent liberalisation would living off compound be easier?
Obviously I understand these are loaded question's and its location dependent but anything would be helpful.
If it helps I suspect this role may be in Dhahran, might be totally wrong on that but thats my initial suspicion.

Old Jan 3rd 2024, 11:09 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Leahyd’s questions about KSA/Aramco

As the thread you posted in was 2.5 years old, I’ve moved your post in to a new thread.

HTH.