Lawyers

Old Aug 31st 2009, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

Max the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really nice
Default Lawyers

Can anyone recomend a good lawyer. My company is owed rather a lot of money from a client and they are not paying up!!
Old Aug 31st 2009, 4:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Lawyers

Originally Posted by Max the Dog
Can anyone recomend a good lawyer. My company is owed rather a lot of money from a client and they are not paying up!!
There are plenty around if you can afford them! Also some debt collectors!

Good luck.
Old Aug 31st 2009, 5:38 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Forget the lawyer, it'll only add to the debt. imho.
Old Sep 1st 2009, 5:35 am
Forum Regular

andrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud of

Saw this recently http://www.building.co.uk/intl_story...de=3147508&c=1 - maybe of use.

I've never used them or indeed heard of them until this article...caveat emptor etc etc
Old Sep 1st 2009, 6:34 am
Forum Regular

Dubai to Dibba Daily has a brilliant futureDubai to Dibba Daily has a brilliant futureDubai to Dibba Daily has a brilliant futureDubai to Dibba Daily has a brilliant futureDubai to Dibba Daily has a brilliant futureDubai to Dibba Daily has a brilliant futureDubai to Dibba Daily has a brilliant future

Do it yourself.

Lawyers over here are generally useless. I have been dealing with one for the last few months as a 'friend' of mine was locked up and TBH if I had known how shitty and incompetant they were I would have gone about it all myself, as in the end I ended up doing most processes myself anyway. I was really lucky that I made friends with a kick ass local who works in the prosecution tho. Super top boy!

I am sure there are some good ones but I would say unless the amount of money is significant then don't bother, just make a complaint to the Police yourself and go from there. Just make sure the complaint is valid tho as making a false one is seen as a big deal.

As someone said, they are not cheap at all with a shitty one in Diera charging 10k per case and I wouldn't like to think how much the one I spoke to at DIFC charged.
Old Sep 1st 2009, 7:42 am
BE Enthusiast

spartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of light

I know of a company called Decol who do debt collection. Calum Mclure is the owner or GM I think. Not sure how good they are but most people who have used them have said decent things.

If you Pm me I can give you his contact details or just google them.

Cheers

Mike
Old Sep 1st 2009, 3:48 pm
Forum Regular

Max the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really nice

Many thanks Mike! I have found the site and will give them a try.
Old Nov 18th 2009, 6:07 am
Forum Regular

crw1979 is an unknown quantity at this point

As a lawyer (not one of the useless ones as noted elsewhere in this post!) then it is always important to undertake a cost benefit analysis in terms of weighing up the money owed against the cost and time in attempting to recover the debt. In addition in the current climate the the client who is in default may simply not have the funds available to pay and effectively any claim would be against a man of straw.

The additional problem here is that you may well be able to get a judgment against the defaulting party but actually enforcing the same is a real issue. In the UK the process in such circumstances is made simplier by having a proper set of insolvency rules so in the event of a debt not being paid you could go down the route of issuing a winding up proceeding against a corporate entity or in the event of the debt being owed by an individual at least seek an attachment of earnings order against them.

It would certainly be a step in the right direction if there was a small claims court (or equivalent) that could handle invoicing disputes and the like and for there to be a proper set of insolvency rules. Without the same then mediation and communication between the parties involved is the only way forward without the risk of incurring additional cost and lost management time.

Good luck.

Regards

Chris