Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

The Lakes Dubai advice.

The Lakes Dubai advice.

Old Nov 4th 2010, 9:05 am
Just Joined

Dubai Blue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The Lakes Dubai advice.

Thanks for the advice. Worth a look too.

I will have to come out for a look see in December I think.
Old Nov 4th 2010, 9:06 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dubai Blue
Thanks for the advice. Worth a look too.

I will have to come out for a look see in December I think.
that's the best idea, Springs 1 and 2 are ok, the rest are just a nightmare for accessability. You could get a good apartment for that price though
Old Nov 4th 2010, 9:05 pm
Just Joined

harrypic is an unknown quantity at this point

You'll struggle to get a 3 bed even on Springs for 100-110k - maybe a shabby type 3M but not much more.

Lakes and Meadows are still at 150-170k for a 3 bed.
Old Nov 20th 2010, 4:49 pm
Just Joined

cromptonenator is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't see how agents are leeches - it's in their best interest to persuade the landlord to lower his price, so that they get paid faster -think about it:

Say the real market price is 100,000 AED. If the property is listed from the agent at 110,000, it will take longer for the property to go. A deal of 110,000 AED would only make the agent around 2750 AED, whereas a deal of say, 95,000 AED would make the agent 2375.

Now, if I were given the choice to get 2750 AED in 1 month's time or 2375 AED today, what would I choose? Dubai is an expensive place, and as an agent, to cover costs you want to have as much cashflow as possible.

Add to that as well advertising property is very expensive business - like all services, you have to pay a premium, but it's not totally unreasonable.
Old Nov 20th 2010, 6:21 pm
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cromptonenator
I don't see how agents are leeches - it's in their best interest to persuade the landlord to lower his price, so that they get paid faster -think about it:

Say the real market price is 100,000 AED. If the property is listed from the agent at 110,000, it will take longer for the property to go. A deal of 110,000 AED would only make the agent around 2750 AED, whereas a deal of say, 95,000 AED would make the agent 2375.
They are a bit smarter than that...

Say the market price is 100,000. They take the 2.5% fee, so 2,500AED. But they rent for 110,000... and take home 12,500AED.

Have been told by a couple of pissed off agents about this, and after some hard negotiation with my current agent, agreed on a price to be told "that's what the landlord wanted anyway" - i.e. I was effectively negotiating over the agent's fee
Old Nov 20th 2010, 7:06 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by typical
They are a bit smarter than that...

Say the market price is 100,000. They take the 2.5% fee, so 2,500AED. But they rent for 110,000... and take home 12,500AED.

Have been told by a couple of pissed off agents about this, and after some hard negotiation with my current agent, agreed on a price to be told "that's what the landlord wanted anyway" - i.e. I was effectively negotiating over the agent's fee
True, that does often happen, although that's not always so -like in every business, there is unethical business everywhere. Also, it's harder to tack on extra commission nowadays due to some RERA procedures changing - you have to get an informal agreement from the landlord to do this now.

This is particularly done in the case of sales. However, in that I don't have a problem with it, if the Landlord is happy to take X amount for his property, and he agrees to let the agent have anything over that that the buyer pays, then I don't see a problem with that - if the landlord is a personal friend or a trusted contact, it's just like a a normal 3-way business deal.
Old Nov 21st 2010, 11:44 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

True, that does often happen, although that's not always so -like in every business, there is unethical business everywhere. Also, it's harder to tack on extra commission nowadays due to some RERA procedures changing - you have to get an informal agreement from the landlord to do this now.

This is particularly done in the case of sales. However, in that I don't have a problem with it, if the Landlord is happy to take X amount for his property, and he agrees to let the agent have anything over that that the buyer pays, then I don't see a problem with that - if the landlord is a personal friend or a trusted contact, it's just like a a normal 3-way business deal.
so can you get me a three bed on the Lakes, Zulal, lake view, 140k ?
Old Nov 21st 2010, 5:07 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
so can you get me a three bed on the Lakes, Zulal, lake view, 140k ?
Sent you a message.
Old Nov 21st 2010, 5:18 pm
Just Joined

Looking for the same although would like to beat 140k if possible.
Old Nov 21st 2010, 5:19 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Dubai Blue
Looking for the same although would like to beat 140k if possible.
You might find it a struggle - anything with a really nice view nowadays gets snapped up quite fast.
Old Nov 21st 2010, 6:14 pm
Just Joined

View not important for me.
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 7:04 am
Concierge

Sent you a message.
didn't get a message? we are moving in March either the Lakes or umm Sequim
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 7:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I thought you hated the Lakes/Springs etc

I viewed the Lakes and quite liked it. I doubt you will get a lake view for 140k though. Lake views are more than that in the Ranches.
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 7:34 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

What's wrong with Satwa, darling?

I'd be tempted to go for a fancy 3-bedroom apartment for 140K rather than a smaller villa. I've warmed up considerably to apartment living after several years in a villa. 140K should get you a 3-bedroom flat on a high floor with stunning sunset views in the Fairways/Links/Golf Towers in the Greens, or sea vew in the Marina.

Old Nov 22nd 2010, 7:36 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
I thought you hated the Lakes/Springs etc

I viewed the Lakes and quite liked it. I doubt you will get a lake view for 140k though. Lake views are more than that in the Ranches.
I like the Lakes, always have, especially the Deemas, good location. The floor plans are slightly different to the Springs and the Zulal's have an upstairs landing as well as a study. Would still prefer Umm Seqium for individuality.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.