British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   The "Ladies" Of Dubai (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/ladies-dubai-441913/)

Pino Apr 13th 2007 1:35 pm

The "Ladies" Of Dubai
 
I've now been here for around 6 weeks and I thought I'd like to share with you my thoughts about "Lifestyles of the Pseudo Riche & Infamous".

So, as some of you know, I'm a Corporate Lawyer based in DIFC, and having moved from London for the new challenge (after a not much fun divorce) I am quite amazed at what I 've observed here.

It appears to me, and it may be that I go to the "wrong" places, eg Agency, Bar44, Barasti, 360, ShoCho etc. that the women are desperate men hungry beings that ask immediately what you do, when I tell them (I'm not going to lie) they're all over me and my male colleagues like a shot. That's just the ones wearing wedding rings, the single ones are a bit shyer.

So why is this? Are the women here just totally obsessed by the fact you've got a Porsche and a decent apartment, or is it that they love the Black Corporate Amex?

I find it all so fake, where do you folks recommend a normal guy like me should go, I mean I'm sick of making conversation about Chloe bags, Jimmy's shoes and how they totally rely on their maids - but don't work, to women who only appear to want a bit on the side. And don't even start me on the Air Hostesses!

Just somewhere where we can chat and have a laugh, nothing more, not yet anyway.

Just a cry for help, but I thought that if any group could help me it would be you people.

Thanks in advance

Pino

W10 Apr 13th 2007 1:37 pm

Re: The "Ladies" Of Dubai
 
Basically - you're screwed. TID...

You could try the Blue Bar, it plays jazz so you won't find many of the illiterati there.

Having a Porsche is like a ticket to getting laid here.

MataHari Apr 13th 2007 1:37 pm

Re: The "Ladies" Of Dubai
 
yawn....

Blue Cat Apr 13th 2007 1:40 pm

Re: The "Ladies" Of Dubai
 

Originally Posted by Pino (Post 4636950)
I've now been here for around 6 weeks and I thought I'd like to share with you my thoughts about "Lifestyles of the Pseudo Riche & Infamous".

So, as some of you know, I'm a Corporate Lawyer based in DIFC, and having moved from London for the new challenge (after a not much fun divorce) I am quite amazed at what I 've observed here.

It appears to me, and it may be that I go to the "wrong" places, eg Agency, Bar44, Barasti, 360, ShoCho etc. that the women are desperate men hungry beings that ask immediately what you do, when I tell them (I'm not going to lie) they're all over me and my male colleagues like a shot. That's just the ones wearing wedding rings, the single ones are a bit shyer.

So why is this? Are the women here just totally obsessed by the fact you've got a Porsche and a decent apartment, or is it that they love the Black Corporate Amex?

I find it all so fake, where do you folks recommend a normal guy like me should go, I mean I'm sick of making conversation about Chloe bags, Jimmy's shoes and how they totally rely on their maids - but don't work, to women who only appear to want a bit on the side. And don't even start me on the Air Hostesses!

Just somewhere where we can chat and have a laugh, nothing more, not yet anyway.

Just a cry for help, but I thought that if any group could help me it would be you people.

Thanks in advance

Pino

come to the chippy and I will get you a pino colada!! that might help!!! welcome to dubai !

Lexylou Apr 13th 2007 1:41 pm

Re: The "Ladies" Of Dubai
 

Originally Posted by Pino (Post 4636950)
I've now been here for around 6 weeks and I thought I'd like to share with you my thoughts about "Lifestyles of the Pseudo Riche & Infamous".

So, as some of you know, I'm a Corporate Lawyer based in DIFC, and having moved from London for the new challenge (after a not much fun divorce) I am quite amazed at what I 've observed here.

It appears to me, and it may be that I go to the "wrong" places, eg Agency, Bar44, Barasti, 360, ShoCho etc. that the women are desperate men hungry beings that ask immediately what you do, when I tell them (I'm not going to lie) they're all over me and my male colleagues like a shot. That's just the ones wearing wedding rings, the single ones are a bit shyer.

So why is this? Are the women here just totally obsessed by the fact you've got a Porsche and a decent apartment, or is it that they love the Black Corporate Amex?

I find it all so fake, where do you folks recommend a normal guy like me should go, I mean I'm sick of making conversation about Chloe bags, Jimmy's shoes and how they totally rely on their maids - but don't work, to women who only appear to want a bit on the side. And don't even start me on the Air Hostesses!

Just somewhere where we can chat and have a laugh, nothing more, not yet anyway.

Just a cry for help, but I thought that if any group could help me it would be you people.

Thanks in advance

Pino



is it really that bad??? I am still thinking of making the move over to Dubai with my hubby and baby. Maybe its something in the food? The water? These woman must be VERY unhappy with their hubbies....I work with lawyers every day. No amount of money would make me want to throw myself at one !!! (only joking )

arbroath_abroad Apr 13th 2007 1:42 pm

Re: The "Ladies" Of Dubai
 
let me just kindly inform you that i am a corporate lawyer, drive a porsche and have a nice apartment

http://i17.tinypic.com/30m5ma1.jpg

only kiddin mate, there are a lot of nice honest women here, just not in the places you mention.

W10 Apr 13th 2007 1:43 pm

Re: The "Ladies" Of Dubai
 
I've lost count of the number of times I've been hit on by married women, sometimes while I'm with my better half. It's the same with a lot of the men too.

I think people think they are on permenant vacation and that gives them the licence to act like assholes.

For me I think its my accent, they assume I'm rich because I talk proper innit...suckers!

Blue Cat Apr 13th 2007 1:43 pm

Re: The "Ladies" Of Dubai
 

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad (Post 4636979)
let me just kindly inform you that i am a corporate lawyer, drive a porsche and have a nice apartment

http://i17.tinypic.com/30m5ma1.jpg

only kiddin mate, there are a lot of nice honest women here, just not in the places you mention.

I hope that aint pino, that could be his problem!!!!

Confucius Apr 13th 2007 1:49 pm

Re: The "Ladies" Of Dubai
 

Originally Posted by Pino (Post 4636950)
I've now been here for around 6 weeks and I thought I'd like to share with you my thoughts about "Lifestyles of the Pseudo Riche & Infamous".

So, as some of you know, I'm a Corporate Lawyer based in DIFC, and having moved from London for the new challenge (after a not much fun divorce) I am quite amazed at what I 've observed here.

It appears to me, and it may be that I go to the "wrong" places, eg Agency, Bar44, Barasti, 360, ShoCho etc. that the women are desperate men hungry beings that ask immediately what you do, when I tell them (I'm not going to lie) they're all over me and my male colleagues like a shot. That's just the ones wearing wedding rings, the single ones are a bit shyer.

So why is this? Are the women here just totally obsessed by the fact you've got a Porsche and a decent apartment, or is it that they love the Black Corporate Amex?

I find it all so fake, where do you folks recommend a normal guy like me should go, I mean I'm sick of making conversation about Chloe bags, Jimmy's shoes and how they totally rely on their maids - but don't work, to women who only appear to want a bit on the side. And don't even start me on the Air Hostesses!

Just somewhere where we can chat and have a laugh, nothing more, not yet anyway.

Just a cry for help, but I thought that if any group could help me it would be you people.

Thanks in advance

Pino

The guy is getting good attention form the femmes and he's complaining...I sense a great disturbance in the Force...

arbroath_abroad Apr 13th 2007 1:50 pm

Re: The "Ladies" Of Dubai
 

Originally Posted by Confucius (Post 4637002)
The guy is getting good attention form the femmes and he's complaining...I sense a great disturbance in the Force...

was thinking the same myself. I could do with some of the attention

MataHari Apr 13th 2007 1:51 pm

Re: The "Ladies" Of Dubai
 
what's a black corporate Amex by the way?

Blue Cat Apr 13th 2007 1:52 pm

Re: The "Ladies" Of Dubai
 

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 4637015)
what's a black corporate Amex by the way?

company credit card for expenses, have to earn mega bucks to get one, you fancy a drink one night Pino????

LOL!!!

Confucius Apr 13th 2007 1:52 pm

Re: The "Ladies" Of Dubai
 

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad (Post 4637009)
was thinking the same myself. I could do with some of the attention

You need a melon over your head and then you will get the desired results...

Confucius Apr 13th 2007 1:53 pm

Re: The "Ladies" Of Dubai
 

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 4637015)
what's a black corporate Amex by the way?

An African-American Fat Cat...

W10 Apr 13th 2007 1:53 pm

Re: The "Ladies" Of Dubai
 
I've never been to a city where it is easier to get laid (other than proper ibiza style holiday resorts).


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:12 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.