British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   The "Ladies" Of Dubai (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/ladies-dubai-441913/)

Pino Apr 13th 2007 1:35 pm

The "Ladies" Of Dubai

I've now been here for around 6 weeks and I thought I'd like to share with you my thoughts about "Lifestyles of the Pseudo Riche & Infamous".

So, as some of you know, I'm a Corporate Lawyer based in DIFC, and having moved from London for the new challenge (after a not much fun divorce) I am quite amazed at what I 've observed here.

It appears to me, and it may be that I go to the "wrong" places, eg Agency, Bar44, Barasti, 360, ShoCho etc. that the women are desperate men hungry beings that ask immediately what you do, when I tell them (I'm not going to lie) they're all over me and my male colleagues like a shot. That's just the ones wearing wedding rings, the single ones are a bit shyer.

So why is this? Are the women here just totally obsessed by the fact you've got a Porsche and a decent apartment, or is it that they love the Black Corporate Amex?

I find it all so fake, where do you folks recommend a normal guy like me should go, I mean I'm sick of making conversation about Chloe bags, Jimmy's shoes and how they totally rely on their maids - but don't work, to women who only appear to want a bit on the side. And don't even start me on the Air Hostesses!

Just somewhere where we can chat and have a laugh, nothing more, not yet anyway.

Just a cry for help, but I thought that if any group could help me it would be you people.

Thanks in advance

Pino

W10 Apr 13th 2007 1:37 pm

Re: The "Ladies" Of Dubai

Basically - you're screwed. TID...

You could try the Blue Bar, it plays jazz so you won't find many of the illiterati there.

Having a Porsche is like a ticket to getting laid here.

MataHari Apr 13th 2007 1:37 pm

yawn....

Blue Cat Apr 13th 2007 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by Pino (Post 4636950)
I've now been here for around 6 weeks and I thought I'd like to share with you my thoughts about "Lifestyles of the Pseudo Riche & Infamous".

So, as some of you know, I'm a Corporate Lawyer based in DIFC, and having moved from London for the new challenge (after a not much fun divorce) I am quite amazed at what I 've observed here.

It appears to me, and it may be that I go to the "wrong" places, eg Agency, Bar44, Barasti, 360, ShoCho etc. that the women are desperate men hungry beings that ask immediately what you do, when I tell them (I'm not going to lie) they're all over me and my male colleagues like a shot. That's just the ones wearing wedding rings, the single ones are a bit shyer.

So why is this? Are the women here just totally obsessed by the fact you've got a Porsche and a decent apartment, or is it that they love the Black Corporate Amex?

I find it all so fake, where do you folks recommend a normal guy like me should go, I mean I'm sick of making conversation about Chloe bags, Jimmy's shoes and how they totally rely on their maids - but don't work, to women who only appear to want a bit on the side. And don't even start me on the Air Hostesses!

Just somewhere where we can chat and have a laugh, nothing more, not yet anyway.

Just a cry for help, but I thought that if any group could help me it would be you people.

Thanks in advance

Pino

come to the chippy and I will get you a pino colada!! that might help!!! welcome to dubai !

Lexylou Apr 13th 2007 1:41 pm

Thanks in advance

Pino

is it really that bad??? I am still thinking of making the move over to Dubai with my hubby and baby. Maybe its something in the food? The water? These woman must be VERY unhappy with their hubbies....I work with lawyers every day. No amount of money would make me want to throw myself at one !!! (only joking )

arbroath_abroad Apr 13th 2007 1:42 pm

let me just kindly inform you that i am a corporate lawyer, drive a porsche and have a nice apartment

http://i17.tinypic.com/30m5ma1.jpg

only kiddin mate, there are a lot of nice honest women here, just not in the places you mention.

W10 Apr 13th 2007 1:43 pm

I've lost count of the number of times I've been hit on by married women, sometimes while I'm with my better half. It's the same with a lot of the men too.

I think people think they are on permenant vacation and that gives them the licence to act like assholes.

For me I think its my accent, they assume I'm rich because I talk proper innit...suckers!

Blue Cat Apr 13th 2007 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad (Post 4636979)
let me just kindly inform you that i am a corporate lawyer, drive a porsche and have a nice apartment

http://i17.tinypic.com/30m5ma1.jpg

only kiddin mate, there are a lot of nice honest women here, just not in the places you mention.

I hope that aint pino, that could be his problem!!!!

Confucius Apr 13th 2007 1:49 pm

Thanks in advance

Pino

The guy is getting good attention form the femmes and he's complaining...I sense a great disturbance in the Force...

arbroath_abroad Apr 13th 2007 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by Confucius (Post 4637002)
The guy is getting good attention form the femmes and he's complaining...I sense a great disturbance in the Force...

was thinking the same myself. I could do with some of the attention

MataHari Apr 13th 2007 1:51 pm

what's a black corporate Amex by the way?

Blue Cat Apr 13th 2007 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 4637015)

company credit card for expenses, have to earn mega bucks to get one, you fancy a drink one night Pino????

LOL!!!

Confucius Apr 13th 2007 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad (Post 4637009)
was thinking the same myself. I could do with some of the attention

You need a melon over your head and then you will get the desired results...

Confucius Apr 13th 2007 1:53 pm

An African-American Fat Cat...

W10 Apr 13th 2007 1:53 pm

I've never been to a city where it is easier to get laid (other than proper ibiza style holiday resorts).

MataHari Apr 13th 2007 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 4637017)
company credit card for expenses, have to earn mega bucks to get one, you fancy a drink one night Pino????

LOL!!!

I must be thick...

Lexylou Apr 13th 2007 1:53 pm

Thanks in advance

Pino

Just a thought but if you are so bothered by these ladies. ... then lie. When they ask what you do say you are a builder or a aircraft cleaner. I am sure you will soon get rid of them. Another point, dont tell them what you drive and that you have a good apartment.... AND DONT flash the black amex. Seems fairly simple to me.

MataHari Apr 13th 2007 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by Lexylou (Post 4637028)
Just a thought but if you are so bothered by these ladies. ... then lie. When they ask what you do say you are a builder or a aircraft cleaner. I am sure you will soon get rid of them. Another point, dont tell them what you drive and that you have a good apartment.... AND DONT flash the black amex. Seems fairly simple to me.

now why didn't I think of that, excellent advise...

Mellie66 Apr 13th 2007 1:55 pm

So you have come out of a divorce and complaining about totty throwing themselves at you...

have you considered therapy?

W10 Apr 13th 2007 1:55 pm

Actually - although our friend is showing off a little, it is easy as snapping your fingers.

I managed to score a date once while driving down SRZ in a 20 year old convertible (although I am devastatingly handsome)

sassy Apr 13th 2007 1:55 pm

Excuse me........ but I think were ever you go there are far more men to women and whereever you go married MEN are hitting on anything with a pulse and lipstick.....:sneaky:

Lexylou Apr 13th 2007 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by W10 (Post 4637039)
although I am devastatingly handsome)

of course... that goes without saying.

Mellie66 Apr 13th 2007 1:56 pm

do they even need the lipstick or the pulse?

MataHari Apr 13th 2007 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by sassy (Post 4637043)
Excuse me........ but I think were ever you go there are far more men to women and whereever you go married MEN are hitting on anything with a pulse and lipstick.....:sneaky:

you're excused....and you're right...

Pino Apr 13th 2007 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by W10 (Post 4636984)
I've lost count of the number of times I've been hit on by married women, sometimes while I'm with my better half. It's the same with a lot of the men too.

You get hit on by the men too.

Now that is a worry!

And no, that pics nothing like me..

Blue Cat Apr 13th 2007 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by Mellie66 (Post 4637051)
do they even need the lipstick or the pulse?

not according to jammy

W10 Apr 13th 2007 1:57 pm

I think its pick one from two with regards to the men.

Pulse - no
Lipstick - yes

Ok lets hit on her...

W10 Apr 13th 2007 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by Pino (Post 4637060)
You get hit on by the men too.

Now that is a worry!

And no, that pics nothing like me..

haha - I mean my gf gets hit on by men while we are standing chatting. It's unbelievable

Lexylou Apr 13th 2007 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 4637065)
not according to jammy

hahahaha:rofl: :rofl:

Confucius Apr 13th 2007 2:02 pm

Must have one of those Military General type jackets,showing all his merits on his chest...

Pino Apr 13th 2007 2:04 pm

OK, OK, i understand what you mean, but I am part of a group of 6-10 of us, and someone has to pay.

Those minxs, they're better at spying than Meerkats!

Madam Medusa Apr 13th 2007 2:05 pm

by invitation only...I had one in the UK, it's a load of bollocks tbh.

MM, xx

Lexylou Apr 13th 2007 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by Pino (Post 4637103)
OK, OK, i understand what you mean, but I am part of a group of 6-10 of us, and someone has to pay.

Those minxs, they're better at spying than Meerkats!

Plenty of girls like that in London too though isn't there?

W10 Apr 13th 2007 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by Lexylou (Post 4637136)
Plenty of girls like that in London too though isn't there?

Plenty but not overwhelming ala Dubai.

Now I ain't saying she a gold-digga...

Miss Eck Apr 13th 2007 3:33 pm

So do you have the porsche parked up at the bar next to you??? Just wondering how they know you drive one.

I drive my DH's Mustang sometimes and it is so funny looking at women the way they check it out and stand around posing. You should see their faces when they see a woman get out of it or realise it is a woman driving it!!!!

Blue Cat Apr 13th 2007 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by Miss Eck (Post 4637507)
So do you have the porsche parked up at the bar next to you??? Just wondering how they know you drive one.

I drive my DH's Mustang sometimes and it is so funny looking at women the way they check it out and stand around posing. You should see their faces when they see a woman get out of it or realise it is a woman driving it!!!!

and scratching it !!!

W10 Apr 13th 2007 3:41 pm

I love the Dubai automotive demographic.

Take one car (take your pick from the retro muscle car generation), which costs USD20,000 in the states

Ensure car is cheaply made, utilises prehistoric suspension and shoehorn enormous engine into it.

Import it to Dubai, convince public it is prestige, charge USD35,000 plus and
sell thousands.

Miss Eck Apr 13th 2007 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 4637539)
and scratching it !!!

Have another drink and you will not even remember that scratch!

arbroath_abroad Apr 13th 2007 5:34 pm

yes but what is beneath all the above

pino would YOU be interested in a normal girl ?

MJC Apr 13th 2007 6:06 pm

I think all the avbove comments just shows how Dubai is.

FALSE!