Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Lack of Clothes - again

Wikiposts

Lack of Clothes - again

Old Jun 24th 2012, 12:14 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lack of Clothes - again

Originally Posted by Mullet
It's unfortunate to see this thread heading into anti-religion territory, especially when some of the posts have made really interesting reading.
I don't believe we are heading into anti-religion, by definition atheists don't believe in religion and we're not proselytising, only those afflicted with religion can do that
Old Jun 24th 2012, 1:15 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jun 24th 2012, 1:40 am
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
I think Gervais' the Invention of Lying is a great example how silly *some* aspects of *some* religions are.
Old Jun 24th 2012, 2:40 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by auzdafluff
I think Gervais' the Invention of Lying is a great example how silly *some* aspects of *some* religions are.
Old Jun 24th 2012, 2:41 am
Account Closed

Old Jun 24th 2012, 3:03 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by desert_dwellers
Wonderful.. you took the bait, I was longing for some one to comment on my english because I have some telling things to say.
Prince Albert, the husband of Queen Victoria was pure German who spoke very basic English, conversing mainly in German with his wife. It was also rumoured (although it was all HUSH HUSH in the royal circles) that Queen Victoria's first language was not English but German because her mother was pure German who spoke very little English and it is a known fact that a mother passes her first language to her children. Added to all that the influence of the German-speaking (half) aunt and maids who were prominent in Victoria's early years, baring also in mind that English didn't have its current prestige in the 1830s.
We are not talking here about 'bloody foreigners coming to our country', we are talking about Royals whom the people of the UK then would lower their gaze and bow their heads when they went to meet them.
So I really suggest to flush the english language card down the toilet and lets face the music.

I could well imagine a setting of a banquet of dignitaries where Prince Albert is standing to give the after-dinner speech, he goes... "me hope nice you time have", then the attendees would give him a round of applause while giggling, then after he goes ... "Danke schön, .......oops.... me mean thank you"

It was rather a big embarrassment for the royals to have so much foreign blood in the family particularly of German type, therefore a decision was made not to repeat that mistake again and probably it was the reason why the late princes Diana who was pregnant by Dudi at the time met her tragic fate. Could you imagine the half brother of the heir to the thrown, not German this time, but bloody Arab!!!
blah blah blah....sorry buddy I can't read all that irrelevant drivel.

by the way my comment was perfectly fair, it was not clear by any means what you meant. it's not my fault if english is not your first language and you sometimes have trouble expressing yourself. it's not my first language either by the way, but i'm sure you couldn't give a toss about that since you're in the 'victim' corner....
Old Jun 24th 2012, 3:08 am
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute

Wonderful.. you took the bait, I was longing for some one to comment on my english because I have some telling things to say.
Prince Albert, the husband of Queen Victoria was pure German who spoke very basic English, conversing mainly in German with his wife. It was also rumoured (although it was all HUSH HUSH in the royal circles) that Queen Victoria's first language was not English but German because her mother was pure German who spoke very little English and it is a known fact that a mother passes her first language to her children. Added to all that the influence of the German-speaking (half) aunt and maids who were prominent in Victoria's early years, baring also in mind that English didn't have its current prestige in the 1830s.
We are not talking here about 'bloody foreigners coming to our country', we are talking about Royals whom the people of the UK then would lower their gaze and bow their heads when they went to meet them.
So I really suggest to flush the english language card down the toilet and lets face the music.

I could well imagine a setting of a banquet of dignitaries where Prince Albert is standing to give the after-dinner speech, he goes... "me hope nice you time have", then the attendees would give him a round of applause while giggling, then after he goes ... "Danke schön, .......oops.... me mean thank you"

It was rather a big embarrassment for the royals to have so much foreign blood in the family particularly of German type, therefore a decision was made not to repeat that mistake again and probably it was the reason why the late princes Diana who was pregnant by Dudi at the time met her tragic fate. Could you imagine the half brother of the heir to the thrown, not German this time, but bloody Arab!!!
So Dudi did the dirti deed............
Old Jun 24th 2012, 5:24 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by britexpat76
Spot on. I subscribe to no religion, and without opening a can of worms with my views on the subject, Wars, atrocities, control of the common masses etc I think that being the best human being possible for friends, family and people in need doesn't make me a bad chap.
Strangely enough you're not the first person to think along those lines:

Old Jun 24th 2012, 8:57 am
Banned

desert_dwellers is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mikewot
Strangely enough you're not the first person to think along those lines:

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...al_atheism.jpg
"but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by"
A few centuries ago people's conscious seemed quite comfortable with the practice of slavery, so what has this kind of God got to say about that?????
Old Jun 24th 2012, 9:00 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

A few centuries ago people's conscious seemed quite comfortable with the practice of slavery, so what has this kind of God got to say about that?????
Its still practiced in the middle east you idiot.
Old Jun 24th 2012, 9:35 am
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute

Funnily enough, the same as many of them would say today. They're godless heathens.
Old Jun 24th 2012, 9:56 am
Banned

desert_dwellers is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by britexpat76
Its still practiced in the middle east you idiot.
Is that why tens of thousands (if not millions) of people around the world aspire to go to the Middle east?..... to be enslaved???... Gosh... how difficult its dealing with cotton headed individuals
Old Jun 24th 2012, 10:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Saff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to behold

Is this really a religion debate?
Old Jun 24th 2012, 10:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Saff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by mathematist
Some fairly decent posts on this page. If anybody states that Western society or specifically the UK is 'bad,' I'd disagree. There are many good things such as human rights for all (most of the time), the right to appeal for things and you could say a sense of justice to name a few.

Of course, there are other pressing issues in the UAE that also require urgent attention but due to people, in particular the (influential) locals who turn a blind eye not wanting to upset or step on the wrong toes of anyone. Even they are acutely aware of being 'flagged' up if you get my drift and that's what I think anyway in this...

Also, I'd probably suggest avoiding links to youtube as it may weaken any argument for both sides and somebody else posts a counter link and going round in circles...

Furthermore, I'd be the first to say Muslims score many 'own-goals' in all walks of life and really do set a bad examples to guests from the UK and elsewhere who may well be experiencing life in an Islamic based country for the first time.

But but but, coming back from the park and heading towards the car today, a British family, brummies by their accents, of 3, parents and possibly a grown up daughter were coming in at sunset. I was busy packing the stuff in the back of my car and I heard 3 year old next to my car saying to his pops "dad, why isn't that lady wearing a shirt?" How odd, unless he is a reader of this thread, he even knows what is acceptable or not so to say it's mainly tourists who violate the code here is inaccurate. Probably 50-50 I'd say

Sense!

As for the own-goals thing... I completely agree. I'm Muslim (and English) and score a few own-goals here and there unfortunately.
Old Jun 24th 2012, 10:51 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Is that why tens of thousands (if not millions) of people around the world aspire to go to the Middle east?..... to be enslaved???... Gosh... how difficult its dealing with cotton headed individuals
You make yourself sound more and more stupid with every post, do you really think the maids and labour are really well informed before coming here??

They are sold a dream as some expats are and believe they can help their families where as most are an expendable abused commodity. Do you actually have any valid points to make as I now just find you tedious

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.