Reload this Page >

Kuwait Driving Licence

Kuwait Driving Licence

Old Aug 18th 2022, 5:25 pm
Just Joined

BE123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Kuwait Driving Licence

Hi all,

I've recently moved to Kuwait and would like to get a driving licence here. I have a valid UK driving licence, but this has not been legalised. I understand that I may be able to get my UK driving licence legalised & attested in the UK and simply get a Kuwait driving licence with that, but that is likely to be time consuming and costly. The alternative would be to get a Kuwait driving licence in the traditional way - i.e., get a learner's licence and then do theory and practical tests.

Does anyone have recent experience of getting a driving licence in Kuwait? How long does it take? What do I need? Would appreciate any thoughts, insights and recommendations!

Cheers
Old Aug 21st 2022, 1:52 am
Just Joined

roddie2k is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Kuwait Driving Licence

I too will be arriving to Kuwait shortly. My institution's HR team informed me to simply bring the original drivers license ( US in this case) and they will take care of the rest.

Probably best to check with your HR contact.
Old Aug 21st 2022, 7:28 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by roddie2k
I too will be arriving to Kuwait shortly. My institution's HR team informed me to simply bring the original drivers license ( US in this case) and they will take care of the rest.

Probably best to check with your HR contact.
Welcome to Kuwait! Thanks - I have and am waiting for their response. Will be interesting to know how your procedure goes once you get here. My understanding is that to convert your foreign driving licence, it needs to be attested in your home country and then again in Kuwait, which is a long process, but perhaps there is a way around that.
Old Aug 22nd 2022, 1:32 am
Forum Regular

Charl01 has a reputation beyond reputeCharl01 has a reputation beyond reputeCharl01 has a reputation beyond reputeCharl01 has a reputation beyond reputeCharl01 has a reputation beyond reputeCharl01 has a reputation beyond reputeCharl01 has a reputation beyond reputeCharl01 has a reputation beyond reputeCharl01 has a reputation beyond reputeCharl01 has a reputation beyond reputeCharl01 has a reputation beyond repute

Unless you have some WASTA getting a drivers license in Kuwait is not that simple, it comes with a big list of requirements. One is that you should be living in Kuwait for 2 years...... the others are an attested Degree and a minimum salary.

But as I said if you have some Wasta you should be able to get it rather soon and bypass the 2 year requirement...
Old Aug 22nd 2022, 8:00 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Charl01
Unless you have some WASTA getting a drivers license in Kuwait is not that simple, it comes with a big list of requirements. One is that you should be living in Kuwait for 2 years...... the others are an attested Degree and a minimum salary.

But as I said if you have some Wasta you should be able to get it rather soon and bypass the 2 year requirement...
Thanks Charl01 - I meet the criteria and exemption requirement for the 2-year residence. If you do have 'wasta' to share, please let me know (privately).
Old Aug 23rd 2022, 10:57 am
Just Joined

Any expats who have converted their UK driving licence into a Kuwait licence in the last few years?

Thanks