Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

KAUST .... Jeddah.. Anyone got any advice?

KAUST .... Jeddah.. Anyone got any advice?

Old Mar 8th 2010, 7:10 am
Just Joined

danny2034 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: KAUST .... Jeddah.. Anyone got any advice?

SR !

Don't know whether you got the PM?

Whats the score with the internet/newspaers/etc over there?

Do you generally feel safe but got naff all to do?
Old Mar 20th 2010, 3:55 pm
Just Joined

NireKat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: KAUST .... Jeddah.. Anyone got any advice?

Originally Posted by Super Reds
Been here for 5 months and the moment I find something different I am leaving!

Lifestyle is terrible! I got here and was told I wouldnt be living on campus which means every day I have an hours journey here and an hours journey back. Also nothing happens here!

This is not a place for bachelors thats all I can say. Extremely unpleasant and I will never return once I have left.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news! I honestly believe this place is bad for your health!
Hi Super Reds,

I've just applied to Kaust, am a single lady. I'm concerned about what the social life is out there. You said no place for bachleors, so I guess that would be no place for bachelorettes either! Is there any social life there at all for singletons? Do you feel isolated? Are there many more expats out there? Is it all work & no play? What about Jeddah? Because I hear that the social life is okay there with expats. Embassy do's, parties, scuba diving etc. Any way you can arrange to get into Jeddah at the weekends? or make contact with some expats over there? If it is better on the Kaust compound, can you ask to be moved there? Do you currently live on a compound or villa? What is your advice to a single lady who may bmoving there? Sorry for all the questions but I'd really appreciate if you could let me know more. Thanks so much.