Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Job Opportunity in Riyadh

Job Opportunity in Riyadh

Old Jun 27th 2007, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

safety has much to be proud ofsafety has much to be proud ofsafety has much to be proud ofsafety has much to be proud ofsafety has much to be proud ofsafety has much to be proud ofsafety has much to be proud ofsafety has much to be proud ofsafety has much to be proud ofsafety has much to be proud ofsafety has much to be proud of
Default Re: Job Opportunity in Riyadh

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I thought you got more?
hell no, i mean, HELL NO!!
Old Jun 27th 2007, 10:28 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by safety
hell no, i mean, HELL NO!!
but in the Gulf News there are top jobs for Arabs with good packages
Old Jun 27th 2007, 10:33 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

you know, basically my wife is vailed, (upon her choice of course, i myself am a social drinker, not much of an islam practicer) but on the other hand, she dose not like the idea of face cover, & i am not sure if that is compalsory or not, is it?! on the other hand, she's an outgoing perosn, loves social life & lots of friends & outings, i know that in order for me not to be frowned at, i have to keep her happy, & i dont know if i can do that in such conditions that i hear about, however, i have seen some bloggers who stated that life in riyadh, though have its cons, but it is also a nice place to be in, specially if you are living in a nice compound. so, i am trying to collect as much data bout life there.
you never said, is that you on yahoo answers?
No it is not
Old Jun 27th 2007, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

safety has much to be proud ofsafety has much to be proud ofsafety has much to be proud ofsafety has much to be proud ofsafety has much to be proud ofsafety has much to be proud ofsafety has much to be proud ofsafety has much to be proud ofsafety has much to be proud ofsafety has much to be proud ofsafety has much to be proud of

but in the Gulf News there are top jobs for Arabs with good packages
these are the leftovers hun, or positions that requires an arab native speaking that can not be replaced! otherwise, you get as doube as we get for the same position!! but anyway, whocares, right? as long as we are making a living then it is fine, it is just that i started worrying bout making something for my kids now, & i cant do that here, so.....hell we go
Old Jun 27th 2007, 10:38 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

you know, basically my wife is vailed, (upon her choice of course, i myself am a social drinker, not much of an islam practicer) but on the other hand, she dose not like the idea of face cover, & i am not sure if that is compalsory or not, is it?! on the other hand, she's an outgoing perosn, loves social life & lots of friends & outings, i know that in order for me not to be frowned at, i have to keep her happy, & i dont know if i can do that in such conditions that i hear about, however, i have seen some bloggers who stated that life in riyadh, though have its cons, but it is also a nice place to be in, specially if you are living in a nice compound. so, i am trying to collect as much data bout life there.
you never said, is that you on yahoo answers?
In the bigger malls at Kingdom and Faisalaih, you see many women without the face cover, and a few without a headscarf.
I even see alot more nationals (guys) with baseball caps or just funky spikey hairstyles.
The religious police occasionally do crack downs though, especially during Ramadan

As you are aware, there is NO drinking anywhere in Saudi...although im sure it happens.

Your wife will have no problems out in public, but obviously she cannot be out with a man unless it is a family relative.
Most compounds organise daily shopping trips to the malls so your wife can go out with the safety of other women and make new friends at the same time.
Old Jun 27th 2007, 10:41 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
No it is not
JD, just been told that Al Yamamah Compound is around SR100-150K p.a. is that a resonable figure or is a bit exagerated?
Old Jun 27th 2007, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

JD, just been told that Al Yamamah Compound is around SR100-150K p.a. is that a resonable figure or is a bit exagerated?
BC, the SR 150K that i am talking about & considering to pay for my accommodation is more than what i get here! TOTAL!!!
Old Jun 27th 2007, 11:00 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

BC, the SR 150K that i am talking about & considering to pay for my accommodation is more than what i get here! TOTAL!!!
oh dear, what about trying Oman or Bahrain or somewhere??
Old Jun 27th 2007, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

oh dear, what about trying Oman or Bahrain or somewhere??
well, that is an idea also, but i have really had enough of DUBAI, & just want to leave, so mostly....whatever comes first!!
Old Jun 27th 2007, 11:21 am
Concierge

well, that is an idea also, but i have really had enough of DUBAI, & just want to leave, so mostly....whatever comes first!!
I know how you feel
We are trying to get something in Al Ain or even RAK, the rents are lower and there is nowhere near the volume of traffic
Old Jun 27th 2007, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

I know how you feel
We are trying to get something in Al Ain or even RAK, the rents are lower and there is nowhere near the volume of traffic
wanna tell me about it? i work in dubai & live in the hell of Sharjah!!:curse:
Old Jun 27th 2007, 11:28 am
Concierge

wanna tell me about it? i work in dubai & live in the hell of Sharjah!!:curse:
JVR is in Sharjah and could do with company! why not try and get to RAK or Al Ain then?? what work do you do?
Old Jun 27th 2007, 11:34 am
Forum Regular

JVR is in Sharjah and could do with company! why not try and get to RAK or Al Ain then?? what work do you do?
i am in banking industry, corporate banking..& it takes about an hour & a half to two hours to get to work in a regular winter morning! so what about RAK then!! i dont know bout Al Ain, been here for 3 years, & i think i might be better off going to SA for a year or 2 then come back again. who's JVR anyway?
Old Jun 27th 2007, 12:42 pm
Concierge

i am in banking industry, corporate banking..& it takes about an hour & a half to two hours to get to work in a regular winter morning! so what about RAK then!! i dont know bout Al Ain, been here for 3 years, & i think i might be better off going to SA for a year or 2 then come back again. who's JVR anyway?
JVR20 is one of our newer members, came out from the UK a few months back and is in Sharjah.
Old Jun 27th 2007, 1:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute

I have spent a far bit of time in KSA and so will divulge what I know.

With regards to security, yes there are problems. There is always the chance you will be shot by some nutter. However you are more likely to be horrifically maimed on the roads then you are by some gun toting terrorist. I cannot reiterate enough the level of danger that driving in Riyadh represents.

Forget Dubai, that is polite and considerate when compared to the driving style in Riyadh. It truly does beggar belief.

Compound living is OK, but it can become a bit boring and tiresome. If it wasn't for the events in the Embassies and the various company compounds then there would be a lot fewer folks over there.

Prepare for your wife to be stared at and receive derogratory comments more than any other place in the world. Even if she is covered she will still get them.

This gives a pretty good insight from a non-Saudi muslim point of view.

Other than that I quite enjoyed KSA, and due to return for a short spell soon before I move to AD.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.