Reload this Page >

Job offered in Riyadh - a few questions

Job offered in Riyadh - a few questions

Old Nov 1st 2011, 8:58 pm
Just Joined

Rappers is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Job offered in Riyadh - a few questions

Hi Homer,

I am in a similar position having just been offered a job based in Riyadh paying $6,000 per month, plus accomodation allowance, flights etc. It is a big move and I have not yet accpeted the role.

So many questions to ask, probably better to read other posts as the responses are all very interesting and informative.

Do you play golf?

Ray
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

homersthirdnipple is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rappers
Hi Homer,

I am in a similar position having just been offered a job based in Riyadh paying $6,000 per month, plus accomodation allowance, flights etc. It is a big move and I have not yet accpeted the role.

So many questions to ask, probably better to read other posts as the responses are all very interesting and informative.

Do you play golf?

Ray
Golf aint my thing, never played before, plan to brush up on my guitar playing though, got me x box packed and need to make full use of the gym.Agree that there are so many questions which will probably not be answered until we get out there.
I am a little bit further on than you and about to accept, Dissapointed with the money a bit but there are pros and cons in everything and for me the pros win.
Old Nov 5th 2011, 12:40 pm
Sand pit since May 2010

Geo79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by homersthirdnipple
beats paying a third of my wages out in tax an NI.
That thought might change once you get here.

Whether it's a good package or not depends on what your currently being paid back home and not based on what everyone else gets paid. Remember that companies here are trying to take advantage of bad economic times in the rest of the world and therefore contracts a few years ago in Saudi were a lot better than the ones on offer today.

Good luck.
Old Nov 8th 2011, 4:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

gottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to all

For comparison I am hiring TCN engineers (indians, Pakistani, etc) BSc MSC at SR 15,000/month plus 10% transport allowance and 25% accommodation allowance. I would trade 3 of these for one western engineer, but the client will only accept degree qualified engineers. The package your being offered is probably the best you can get without professional qualifications, but I expect that you will be worth more !
Old Nov 9th 2011, 7:20 am
Forum Regular

homersthirdnipple is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gottheTshirt
For comparison I am hiring TCN engineers (indians, Pakistani, etc) BSc MSC at SR 15,000/month plus 10% transport allowance and 25% accommodation allowance. I would trade 3 of these for one western engineer, but the client will only accept degree qualified engineers. The package your being offered is probably the best you can get without professional qualifications, but I expect that you will be worth more !
Just wanted to get out there to show what I can do and maybe get a jump up the ladder in the next year or so. Happyish with the package for now.