Reload this Page >

Job offer - salary and package

Job offer - salary and package

Old Apr 16th 2023, 4:37 pm
Just Joined

mkh278 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Job offer - salary and package

Hi All,
currently in process with a banking institution in Riyadh. Can I please check the salary levels.
Is SAR65-75k (including housing and transportation) decent level. This is roughly 20% up-tick to my current base in the UK.
I understand the schooling allowances vary from institution to institution. But what are the average level? 35-45k/year? But Brit school fees are very expensive (40-100k depending on year group). With 4 kids, that would become very costly.
lastly, what are the best platforms tomsearch for properties (i.e. equivalent of Zoopla or rightmove).
thanks
Old Apr 19th 2023, 1:39 am
Just Joined

Dominique106 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Job offer - salary and package

Hi there! I am not in Saudi but was recently offered a package of SAR62k for a role in Riyadh. After doing some research into compound prices and schools (and some ongoing costs back in Australia we would have to cover) we thought it was going to be a little bit tight. It could be done but was going to mean we may have needed to live off -compound and not be able to afford the schools we were keen on. I would have taken the offer though if they had increased it to SAR70K per month though, the opportunity to have some adventures for a few years was the draw card! I am still looking into roles to hopefully get something that could enable us to move.
Old Apr 19th 2023, 3:20 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Dominique106
Hi there! I am not in Saudi but was recently offered a package of SAR62k for a role in Riyadh. After doing some research into compound prices and schools (and some ongoing costs back in Australia we would have to cover) we thought it was going to be a little bit tight. It could be done but was going to mean we may have needed to live off -compound and not be able to afford the schools we were keen on. I would have taken the offer though if they had increased it to SAR70K per month though, the opportunity to have some adventures for a few years was the draw card! I am still looking into roles to hopefully get something that could enable us to move.
hi Dominique. Thanks for replying to the post.
same here. Although it seems ok level, per my calcs it could be a bit tight, especially as the schooling amount they offer is on the lower end (~SAR40k), with 3-4 kids it will get very costly (as Brit school fees start from SAR40k). Same on compound living cost.
exactly as you are, I think SAR70-75k would work for me as well.

did you find good platform to look for accomodation?

Old Apr 19th 2023, 3:25 am
Just Joined

Dominique106 is an unknown quantity at this point

I posted about my costs in the forum a little while back - might give you some ideas

In regards to compounds I didnt find any one platform but contacted compounds we were interested in directly for a price list. I found that we would need to spend about SAR250K - SAR300k per year to get something that would offer the experience we were after.

Hi All - I have an offer to work on the Qiddiya project in Riyadh and in doing my research would love to hear from those living there if my package will be sufficient to cover my expeses. I have contacted schools and compunds to gets some real world figures, however it would be great to see if others thought my other expenses are realistic (ie groceies, TV Subscription) and if I am missing anyting.

We are a family of four (kids 2 and 7) and would love to live in a family friendly compound.

Basic Salary: SAR 62,000/month

Expenses/month:
Rent - 16,600
Groceries - 2000
School Fees - 6,667
Pre School - 2500
Household - 1000
Utilities - 1100
Internet - 400
Mobile - 400
Car Hire - 1500
Annual Holiday - 2000
Home Insurance - 83
Clothing - 1500
TV Subscription - 300
Entertainment/Eating Out - 4000
Misc - 2000
Mortgage back home - 9300

Total Expenses: 51,600 SAR per month
Old Apr 19th 2023, 3:36 am
Just Joined

I posted about my costs in the forum a little while back - might give you some ideas

In regards to compounds I didnt find any one platform but contacted compounds we were interested in directly for a price list. I found that we would need to spend about SAR250K - SAR300k per year to get something that would offer the experience we were after.
yes, I saw your post, which is very useful. Thanks for that. Indeed, I got the same impression - need around SAR300k + for housing expense.