Jeeps

Old Mar 1st 2007, 10:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute
Default Jeeps

I know there are a few jeep owners here but can't be naffed pm'ing the ones i know individually....

I have a 2006 Wrangler and i've noticed that from about 110kph onwards the bonnet starts to flap about a fair bit to the limits of the latches that hold it down.
If the latches are not done up the bonnet can lift a good half inch before the metal clip in the middle takes hold so effectively at speed the bonnet is only held by the 2 rubber clips.
Not sure if the play is in the clips or in the structure of the wheel arch the clips are mounted on.
It's most disconcerting especially when i've already had a bonnet fly back and hit the top of the windscreen on my last jeep.
Anyone else have this?
Old Mar 1st 2007, 10:25 am
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jeeps

Originally Posted by Jeeper
I know there are a few jeep owners here but can't be naffed pm'ing the ones i know individually....

I have a 2006 Wrangler and i've noticed that from about 110kph onwards the bonnet starts to flap about a fair bit to the limits of the latches that hold it down.
If the latches are not done up the bonnet can lift a good half inch before the metal clip in the middle takes hold so effectively at speed the bonnet is only held by the 2 rubber clips.
Not sure if the play is in the clips or in the structure of the wheel arch the clips are mounted on.
It's most disconcerting especially when i've already had a bonnet fly back and hit the top of the windscreen on my last jeep.
Anyone else have this?
Mine never did (2004), I'd suggest a check-up is in order, but the stealership will probably tell you it's normal!

It did however have a penchant for lying on it's back and playing dead though....
Attached Thumbnails Jeeps-dsc01002.jpg  
Old Mar 1st 2007, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

sarahntonygoingtooz is on a distinguished road

Anyone else have this?
Hi there,

I have a wrangler in the UK and have the same problem with it, I have never had a bonnet come free with me though... that sounds a little worrying!!.

I put a baffle on mine and it seems to have done the trick, you can buy them at jeep dealers and they just clip on to the bonnet, the wind force keeps it down then when your speed gets a little high then. You can also look on eBay and find metal clips for them too, that might got you over the worry of the rubber keeping it down.... lol
Old Mar 1st 2007, 10:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

was thinking of getting some sort of wind deflector do-hicky thingamajig.
But if it's not normal and it's under warranty it should be fixed.

Does anyone else know if the middle metal clip underneath has a lot of play (half inch) or does it fit snug?
Old Mar 1st 2007, 10:36 am
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute

was thinking of getting some sort of wind deflector do-hicky thingamajig.
But if it's not normal and it's under warranty it should be fixed.

Does anyone else know if the middle metal clip underneath has a lot of play (half inch) or does it fit snug?
Take it to that jeep place in al quoz (and i don't mean icon) they'll check it out for you. It's just along the road from that custom bikes place, sort of opposite the newspaper printers.

(With directions like that do you think i shoul get a gps btw?)
Old Mar 1st 2007, 10:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by MJC
Take it to that jeep place in al quoz (and i don't mean icon) they'll check it out for you. It's just along the road from that custom bikes place, sort of opposite the newspaper printers.

(With directions like that do you think i shoul get a gps btw?)
It's due for a service soon.....will see what they have to say.
Just wanting to see what everyone else thought so i can be ready for Chryslers "It's normal" reply.
Old Mar 1st 2007, 10:59 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Mine doesn't flap about either....
Old Mar 1st 2007, 11:01 am
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by MataHari
snort
Old Mar 1st 2007, 5:03 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Good to know your a tight lipped kinda gal
Old Mar 1st 2007, 5:05 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
it's widely known....
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 4:18 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
They all are... around this here dept ...
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 4:19 pm
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by Ray
They all are... around this here dept ...
on a visit visa are you....
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 4:25 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

on a visit visa are you....
I saw the word Jeep..and I like to see what the daft buggers who buy that over priced crap have to say...
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 5:17 pm
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Ray
I saw the word Jeep..and I like to see what the daft buggers who buy that over priced crap have to say...
Well here in the UAE, which you've never been too Ray, they are a good deal.

You may have 30,000 posts, but here.

You have nothing.
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 5:49 pm
Ray

Originally Posted by MJC
Well here in the UAE, which you've never been too Ray, they are a good deal.
You may have 30,000 posts, but here.
You have nothing.
Oh ye!! of little knowledge ....