Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Jeddah Social Life - where is it ?

Jeddah Social Life - where is it ?

Old Aug 5th 2011, 12:52 pm
Just Joined

JeddahWoman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Jeddah Social Life - where is it ?

Hi everyone

I am new to this forum and fairly new to Jeddah. I am a single 49 yr old nurse living in a very boring and restricted compound with absolutely nothing happening.

I would love to be able to meet people outside of my work and my compound and develop a social life away from anything to do with work but not really sure where to start.

So, if anyone has any ideas of how I, as a single woman, who doesnt really know anyone other than work colleagues, can make a start I would be really grateful. Or if you know of any clubs or activities that single women can join with I would love to hear about them.

Many thanks everyone
S
Old Aug 5th 2011, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

Mariah_Saudi is just really niceMariah_Saudi is just really niceMariah_Saudi is just really niceMariah_Saudi is just really niceMariah_Saudi is just really niceMariah_Saudi is just really niceMariah_Saudi is just really niceMariah_Saudi is just really nice
Default Re: Jeddah Social Life - where is it ?

Originally Posted by JeddahWoman
Hi everyone

I am new to this forum and fairly new to Jeddah. I am a single 49 yr old nurse living in a very boring and restricted compound with absolutely nothing happening.

I would love to be able to meet people outside of my work and my compound and develop a social life away from anything to do with work but not really sure where to start.

So, if anyone has any ideas of how I, as a single woman, who doesnt really know anyone other than work colleagues, can make a start I would be really grateful. Or if you know of any clubs or activities that single women can join with I would love to hear about them.

Many thanks everyone
S
believe me there is nothing for women to do except maybe some classes (quilting, knitting & cooking).
mostly it is activities to do with yr kids which gets extremly boring.
sometimes there are meetings posted on one of these groups on facebook
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/groups/7749469498/
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/...3628803349091/

only good thing is standup comedy events but they are about 2 maybe 3 times a year you'll find them on this group page
http://www.facebook.com/SmileKSA
good luck with finding anything else besides shopping.
Old Aug 21st 2011, 11:38 pm
Just Joined

ikram is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone

Many thanks everyone
S
hi jeddahwoman, i feel so sorry that there is nothing to do in jeddah for single woman.i'm from Belgium moving to saudie soon if everything goes fine,i would like to meet you , i speak dutch but english as well.
i'm new in this forum so i don't know how to start meeting new friends on expat forum.

greetings from Europe
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 2:27 am
Just Joined

observer2011 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone

Many thanks everyone
S
Hi Jeddah Woman,

There are numerous expat compounds scattered around Jeddah, you just need to know where to look, you can find plenty of new friends and unwind at the weekend.

Some compounds are obviously better than others but if quilting, knitting and cooking are not part of your immediate agenda take a trip down to the Brit Consulate and ask them for some feedback or talk to some of your expat workmates and try to get a foot in the door to "saudia city" there are plenty of expats living there and numerous things to do for someone like yourself.

Good Luck
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 4:19 am
Forum Regular

irich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really nice

is there a hash house harriers in Jeddah? there are three in riyadh and they head out into the desert every weekend for walks, bbqs, camping etc
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 4:34 am
Just Joined

observer2011 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by irich
is there a hash house harriers in Jeddah? there are three in riyadh and they head out into the desert every weekend for walks, bbqs, camping etc
Absolutely there is a Hash House Harriers in Jeddah, once again get in touch with someone from an expat compound such as "Saudia City" and they will point you in the right direction.
Old Aug 24th 2011, 12:27 pm
Viva la revolucion..

zamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to behold

Hi everyone

Many thanks everyone
S
good question...where the hell is it really!?
Old Sep 14th 2011, 2:37 pm
Just Joined

laurenceinarabia is an unknown quantity at this point

hey... new here also but finding my way... live just north of the city with a great marina view and beach... welcome to the magic kingdom
Old Sep 14th 2011, 2:38 pm
Just Joined

where in jeddah are you all based ?
Old Sep 14th 2011, 2:39 pm
Just Joined

oh sorry ... should all be one post... not getting this thing am I )
Old Sep 15th 2011, 8:33 am
Just Joined

oum ilyas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ikram
hi jeddahwoman, i feel so sorry that there is nothing to do in jeddah for single woman.i'm from Belgium moving to saudie soon if everything goes fine,i would like to meet you , i speak dutch but english as well.
i'm new in this forum so i don't know how to start meeting new friends on expat forum.

greetings from Europe
Hi Ikram,

I will be moving to Saudi any time soon. I don't really know when, it depends on my husbands company. I was very durprised to find someone from belgium during my research about living in Saudi. I am from ANtwerp , so I speak dutch to!
Are you also folowing your husband?
Anyway just let me know when you will be moving to Saudi

Regards
Old Sep 17th 2011, 5:47 pm
Northerner - Obhur

Spurss is on a distinguished road

Jeddahwoman

If you would love hanging out with a local guy like me do tell me :d

Would be happy to show you old Jeddah lol + watching movies together

Welcome to the magic kingdom
Old Sep 18th 2011, 1:16 pm
Just Joined

forallu is an unknown quantity at this point

it mostly depends on you ! you can go out with your workmates to shops , resturants or beach ! Don't bother about social life here , friends come soon !

Hope you a nice stay in Jeddah
Old Sep 21st 2011, 5:15 am
Just Joined

weelassie10 is an unknown quantity at this point

There LOADS to do in Jeddah - you just have to know where to look!

Contact your consulate - if your british theres lots happening through the consulate.

There are diving trips at the weekend, contact Red Sea Divers, good way to meet people.

Try and get onto some of the compounds, they have notice boards with up and coming events on them.

For the first couple months you just need to get out there - go to everything.

Speak to some of the expat nurses in your work and they'll know places to go!

Good luck!

Hi everyone

Many thanks everyone
S