Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Working in KSA on Business Visa

Working in KSA on Business Visa

Old Sep 21st 2011, 9:58 am
Just Joined

hogpro883 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Working in KSA on Business Visa

Is it possible to work in KSA as a 'consultant' on a multi-entry business visa?

A friend of mine claimed that he worked in KSA for 18 months on a business visa and done monthly visa runs to Bahrain...
Old Sep 21st 2011, 10:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Working in KSA on Business Visa

Originally Posted by hogpro883

A friend of mine claimed that he worked in KSA for 18 months on a business visa and done monthly visa runs to Bahrain...

If you are receiving payment for services rendered while in KSA, you are working and therefore in contravention of the T&C's of the business visa.

Business visas are for people attending business meetings, conventions, seminars and the like.

The immigration authorities in ANY country take a dim view of anyone who thinks they can take a short cut and work while having entered on a business visa and I imagine the penalties in KSA are as severe anywhere.
Old Sep 21st 2011, 11:11 am
Off Topic

northbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nice
Default Re: Working in KSA on Business Visa

Originally Posted by hogpro883
Yes, it is. I know a lot of people working this way.
In this case your employer is a contracted company outside KSA, you get salary and pay taxes in your home country. You have an assignment as detached duty in Kingdom on multi-entry business visa with periodic runs out and visa extensions.
Not bad option in case you are provided with housing and car (you can not own yourself), and free frequent trips out.